Team seen together at Church

vatz22au

Nice to see the team together like that (posted at crimsontusks):

In six more days I will no longer be living in Auburn, but in Tuscaloosa. That being said, I got to my church yesterday morning and sat down for service when the entire Auburn University football team and staff including Tubbs began to file in. It was kinda neat seeing them at church. But also kinda hard because I've got a little too much BAMA in me. Somehow I held my tounge. Makes for an interesting story anyway.

They probably need little Jesus after the practice the had the other day. Tempers flaring. Smart move on the coaching staff's part, chaplin or whoever, it's good idea. Let's see if it works.

They probably need little Jesus after the practice the had the other day. Tempers flaring. Smart move on the coaching staff's part, chaplin or whoever, it's good idea. Let's see if it works.

Actually I think they go around to various churches at the beginning of the year every year.

There's nothing wrong with a little skirmish or two during practice. I seriously doubt this is a reaction to anything by the coaches. It'd be the first.

Actually I think they go around to various churches at the beginning of the year every year.

They do...Tommy is a regular at the Auburn church of Christ. He brought them by there at the beginnning of the 2004 season. ;) You never really comprehend how big they are until you are standing 5 ft away from them :blink: It is part of Tommy' team unity building at the beginning of each year I believe.

There's nothing wrong with a little skirmish or two during practice. I seriously doubt this is a reaction to anything by the coaches. It'd be the first.

Actually, if I have my calendar straight, it couldn't be a reaction. Church was Sunday and weren't the fights Monday?

But I've read CTT, other coaches, and senior players quoted in articles (See Al.com) since then say the fights were not significant--just a sign of being fired up and somewhat to be expected on hot August days. They never leave the field. As long as CTT isn't worried about 'em, I won't. Look at it as a sign that

the guys are feeling some fire to open the season and won't be taking WSU for granted!

Actually, if I have my calendar straight, it couldn't be a reaction. Church was Sunday and weren't the fights Monday?

But I've read CTT, other coaches, and senior players quoted in articles (See Al.com) since then say the fights were not significant--just a sign of being fired up and somewhat to be expected on hot August days. They never leave the field. As long as CTT isn't worried about 'em, I won't. Look at it as a sign that

the guys are feeling some fire to open the season and won't be taking WSU for granted!

Sounds good to me.

Archived