Juwan Simpson

PChamp119

Juwan Simpson and his response to the allegations against him and his expected punishment:

"If it were me, I'd give myself an ice cream cone (after all the criticism he had to take)"

"I don't expect to be suspended"

Hmmmmmm…. typical Bama excuse for being pulled over for erratic driving and then being arrested on charges for marijuana and a stolen gun (it may not have been 'stolen', but it is still very fishy). Maybe he'd like his ice cream cone covered with National Championship syrup. There should be a bottle somewhere in T-Town, or maybe they can just make it up.

BTW, these quotes were from Finebaum

I bet he's not worried about getting suspended b/c the ghost of the buhr came to him and told him he paid everyone off and nothings gonna happen. :lol:

He may not make it public, but the discipline handed out by CMS in this case will speak volumes about the man. While some of the stuff is questionable, I have not had problems overall with the way the criminal matters have been handled. The issue is very simply, that he confessed to possession of wacky weed and CMS is well aware of that fact.

I'm not jumping to conclusions and I'll take a wait and see attitude. But, if J. Simpson is on the field against Hawaii, then my humble opinion is that it tells you all you need to know about CMS. I'm also interested in seeing whether or not DJ Hall comes out of the tunnel against the Islanders too.

He may not make it public, but the discipline handed out by CMS in this case will speak volumes about the man. While some of the stuff is questionable, I have not had problems overall with the way the criminal matters have been handled. The issue is very simply, that he confessed to possession of wacky weed and CMS is well aware of that fact.

I'm not jumping to conclusions and I'll take a wait and see attitude. But, if J. Simpson is on the field against Hawaii, then my humble opinion is that it tells you all you need to know about CMS. I'm also interested in seeing whether or not DJ Hall comes out of the tunnel against the Islanders too.

I HOPE you are wrong, but, My gut tells me you are gonna' be shocked at just who runs out of that tunnel for the FIRST game. Again I hope I am wrong. ;)

Didn't David Palmer get away with the same thing under Stallings?

David Palmer got suspended for 2 games when he got his DUI.

And whats up with the questioning DJ Hall? He got suspended for the Cotton Bowl and didnt break any team rules since then...why does he need to be suspended to satisfy your idea of what you think is best for the UA football team?

I have never understood why rival fans think Shula OWES them an explanation of how he handles HIS team. People act like they need to be consulted for their approval or something...

Did anyone here Michael on Finebaum today? HAHA, the kid gets worse and worse every day. He flat out said Shula was smarter than every coach in the nation because he doesn't discipline his players and that they should continue playing lol

Did anyone here Michael on Finebaum today? HAHA, the kid gets worse and worse every day. He flat out said Shula was smarter than every coach in the nation because he doesn't discipline his players and that they should continue playing lol

Why would you listen to finebaum?

Sorry BG, Palmer got nothing for his FIRST dui. He got 2 games after his second offense.

I can't believe that anyone outside of the bammer faith.... errr, brainwashed thinks that no suspensions would be anywhere close to acceptable.

Sorry BG, Palmer got nothing for his FIRST dui. He got 2 games after his second offense.

I can't believe that anyone outside of the bammer faith.... errr, brainwashed thinks that no suspensions would be anywhere close to acceptable.

Yeah, I remember Palmer getting off scott free from something...good ol Stallings.

Yeah, I remember Palmer getting off scott free from something...good ol Stallings.

Yeah because our program was out of control when he was there...whatever.

He had 2 guys get DUIs in 7 years. big deal.

Honestly.. I am sick of hearing people complain about how other teams discipline their players. If any of you down in Auburn have time to get some good practice footage (if allowed) or anything that is dealing with the practices... It would be greatly appreciated. Better discussion than what goes on here about how other teams discipline their players.

Yeah because our program was out of control when he was there...whatever.

He had 2 guys get DUIs in 7 years. big deal.

Didn't ole Palmer get another DUI right after the first game he had to sit out? ;)

You are thinking about his not taking the ACT... :big:

Fromm emails: Juwan Simpson is supposed to be in for Hawaii. DJ Hall will be back too. There is just too little leeway for CMS to work with on this team. They need the wins more than they need the "disciplined" rep.

Fromm emails: Juwan Simpson is supposed to be in for Hawaii. DJ Hall will be back too. There is just too little leeway for CMS to work with on this team. They need the wins more than they need the "disciplined" rep.

Eggcellent. Let them implode.

UAT players, coaching staff, and Shula in particular is a ticking time bomb. I have a feeling this team is going to blow up (in the bad way) this year. Shula is not taking that program in the right direction. He has had one good year, thanks to Prothro, but other from that he still has not shown he is a head coach. You will start seeing an exodus of coaching staff, and Shula is going to find it hard to replace them with decent coaches.

You hear all the bammers talking about how Shula is such a disciplinarian and runs a tight ship. I guess this only pertains to back ups.

I don't remember all the details to it, but wasn't Ray Hudson and Brandon Avalos both caught doing the same thing? Avalos was kicked off the team and i think Hudson punishment is yet to come down. ;)

BG, here's my take on Hall. As I said, I'm just interested to see what happens. From everything we've heard and read, DJ has not been on campus until recently and has been home while he "Worked out some issues" or "Personal problems." I know there are a lot of rumors flying around, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that he left because of some problems between him and the staff or players etc. Either way, evrything that's been put out there indicates the guy has not been with the team.

We all know that the "Voluntary" summer workouts are anything but voluntary. My point is that if Hall has truly been in the dog house, for whatever reason, and hasn't been with his teammates while they were toughing it out in the weight room and working out in the July heat, is he going to be welcomed back with open arms? A few weeks of training camp and your slot's open. But, we'll probably never know because CMS isn't going to say anything at all.

UAT players, coaching staff, and Shula in particular is a ticking time bomb. I have a feeling this team is going to blow up (in the bad way) this year. Shula is not taking that program in the right direction. He has had one good year, thanks to Prothro, but other from that he still has not shown he is a head coach. You will start seeing an exodus of coaching staff, and Shula is going to find it hard to replace them with decent coaches.

I totally agree. There just seems to be a lack of control or a willingness to put their foot down on discipline issues. Yeah, you might win a game with that player not being suspended, but it sends a message to the team that if you mess up, as long as you are blocking well or scoring TDs, you will not have to sit. This will start to snowball.

I don't remember all the details to it, but wasn't Ray Hudson and Brandon Avalos both caught doing the same thing? Avalos was kicked off the team and i think Hudson punishment is yet to come down.

There is a difference between having some in your posession and passing a drug test...and failing MULTIPLE drug tests.

Hudson was suspended for a game and a half.

BG, here's my take on Hall. As I said, I'm just interested to see what happens. From everything we've heard and read, DJ has not been on campus until recently and has been home while he "Worked out some issues" or "Personal problems." I know there are a lot of rumors flying around, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that he left because of some problems between him and the staff or players etc. Either way, evrything that's been put out there indicates the guy has not been with the team.

We all know that the "Voluntary" summer workouts are anything but voluntary. My point is that if Hall has truly been in the dog house, for whatever reason, and hasn't been with his teammates while they were toughing it out in the weight room and working out in the July heat, is he going to be welcomed back with open arms? A few weeks of training camp and your slot's open. But, we'll probably never know because CMS isn't going to say anything at all.

But why does that mean that he should be suspended? 1. you dont know what happened. 2. if he did have some disagreements with the staff...why does that warrant a suspension?

Its like shula is screwed either way. You have no clue as to what went on, and you are already going to crucify him if Hall doesnt sit out? How does that make sense? At least with the Simpson thing, youve got an argument...with hall you do not.

I'm not saying crucify the guy at all, nor am I saying suspend him. As I indicate, I'm just interested to see what happens. No, none of us know what really happened and we're not going to know with Shula's policy of not talking. But something DID happen for him not to be part of this team during the off-season and miss the grueling summer workouts with his team mates.

Again, I'm just curious to see if DJ is welcomed back and is either thrust right back into the number 1 receiver slot or has some work to do to get back in the good graces of the staff and players. Fair enough?

Archived