Caleb King

HomanAU

There was a article in the AJC about King posibly transfering to Greater Atlanta Christian from Parkview. I know King has problems with academics. I live in Atlants and GAC is a very challening school. I have a friend who goes there who is very smart has to study about 3 hours a night. My question if King transfers why would it be to a more academic challening school?

Because his brother works there, and maybe he needs the academic upgrade to prepare him for college?

There was a article in the AJC about King posibly transfering to Greater Atlanta Christian from Parkview. I know King has problems with academics. I live in Atlants and GAC is a very challening school. I have a friend who goes there who is very smart has to study about 3 hours a night. My question if King transfers why would it be to a more academic challening school?

It really has to do with the major and individual ambitions. Another possibility being the individual may maybe in wrong major. If their talents and interests aren't aligned with their major, they could experience problems academically. There is a battery of tests one's academic advisor can administer which reveals talents and interests so the average student will not be discouraged by academic failures. Another factor maybe competitiveness and class size.

BF: You don't have majors in high school, so that is not the issue.

TMaj: there has been talk that Caleb may have problems qualifying out of high school.

Homan: GAC has smaller class sizes so Caleb can get more individual attention from teachers at GAC. Also, your friend who goes there probably is studying that long because he or she is taking AP and honors classes. I do not imagine Caleb would be enrolled in those. Another thing to mention is that because GAC is a private school, their graduates are not required to pass the georgia exit exam.

Thanks Aubie that makes a little more sense not having to pass exit exam. Still not sure the chances he even ends up at GAC.

I didn't say he had academic probs. I have no idea. I said "upgrade" as in better teaching, etc. To help prepare him for college. Don't get all testy, there TM

BF: You don't have majors in high school, so that is not the issue.

TMaj: there has been talk that Caleb may have problems qualifying out of high school.

Homan: GAC has smaller class sizes so Caleb can get more individual attention from teachers at GAC. Also, your friend who goes there probably is studying that long because he or she is taking AP and honors classes. I do not imagine Caleb would be enrolled in those. Another thing to mention is that because GAC is a private school, their graduates are not required to pass the georgia exit exam.

I didn't know it was a high school. Sorry.

Bigger concern may be that GAC is a Class 2A and Parkview is Class 5A.Wonder how his stock will be affected with this year against lower competition level?

Bigger concern may be that GAC is a Class 2A and Parkview is Class 5A.Wonder how his stock will be affected with this year against lower competition level?

I thought GAC was 3A, but either way, I think his stats will skyrocket-

Running against Brookwood, Collins Hill, etc is probably a little more difficult than 3A schools

He already has offers from most every program in the country. He could sit out his senior year and keep 90% of those offers. Coaches already know what he can do.

Caleb does not have to prove anything on the feild this year. He just needs to get his buisness done in the classroom. Im pretty sure GAC is 2A by the way.

Archived