The 2007 Schedule

RadioWryn

Looking forward to 2007, we have a fairly crummy home schedule.

In the SEC, it's Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Alabama, and Vandy? at home.

OOC is West Virginia (is 07 or 08 home?) - I've heard rumors of South Florida .. what do we know of it?

'08 is at home for West Virginia...

Rumors have us trying to get Boston College in addition to South Florida, which I think may be a done deal.

'08 is at home for West Virginia...

Rumors have us trying to get Boston College in addition to South Florida, which I think may be a done deal.

New Mexico State I'm hearing as well

Apparently New Mexico State's a done deal. Still looking for some better home games, though:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg....xml&coll=3

AU adds New Mexico St. in '07

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

AUBURN -- Auburn has added another non-conference team to its 2007 football schedule, but the Tigers are still seeking a big-name opponent to jazz up season-ticket packages.

Auburn has agreed to play New Mexico State at Jordan-Hare Stadium next September. According to the Las Cruces (N.M.) Sun-News, the Aggies will receive a $700,000 payout for the trip to Auburn.

New Mexico State, a member of the Western Athletic Conference, is led by former Kentucky coach Hal Mumme. The Aggies finished 0-12 last season.

New Mexico State joins South Florida as the only two confirmed non-conference opponents for the Tigers in 2007.

Auburn's desire to find a marketable opponent stems from the lackluster state of its 2007 home schedule. Three of the four SEC opponents coming to Jordan-Hare in 2007 -- Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt -- won't generate much excitement. Neither will New Mexico State or South Florida. The only home game to generate buzz would be the annual showdown against Alabama.

On the other hand, the Tigers currently face a brutal road schedule in 2007, with games at LSU, Arkansas, Florida and Georgia.

Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs has made attempts to strengthen the Tigers' non-conference schedule by adding a home-and-home series with West Virginia in 2008 and 2009.

But finding opponents on short notice isn't easy.

The Aggies scheduled Auburn only after backing out of a scheduled trip to Oregon State, for which they would have received $300,000. Auburn's higher payout made the decision easy.

NMSU was scheduled to play Oregon State on Sept. 1, 2007. The date of the Auburn-NMSU matchup has not been released, and neither has Auburn's full schedule for 2007.

Head coach Tommy Tuberville is 17-0 in so-called "money games" at Jordan-Hare Stadium since starting at Auburn in 1999. His closest call came in 2001, when Louisiana Tech took the Tigers to overtime before losing the homecoming game 48-41.

Ok so far we have...

'07- South Florida, and New Mexico St for sure. Working on possibly Boston College

'08- West Virginia and Southern Miss

'09- at West Virginia

Anybody know of any others?

i think South Florida would be a good solid OOC game. They are a BCS team and many are picking them third is the Big East this year.

Archived