National Title

vatz22au

National Title  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will Auburn win the NC this year?

• Yes
    • No

Couldn't help but browse the pick'em topic and saw alot of fans voting Auburn as the NC winner this year... so I was curious as to how many people really think we have a shot, not at getting to the title game, but in terms of actually winning the title game.

Couldn't help but browse the pick'em topic and saw alot of fans voting Auburn as the NC winner this year... so I was curious as to how many people really think we have a shot, not at getting to the title game, but in terms of actually winning the title game.

I voted "no". As much as I want an NC, it takes an extraordinary set of circumstances and a great deal of luck. Therefore, the odds are such that we probably will not win the NC this year.

I say yes. We have as good of a shot as most anyone else in the top 10 and better than some. It is a LONG season though without any breaks! Gonna have to catch some good bounces just like anyone who wins it.

My vote is no until I see the result of the Wash. St. game and the LSU game. I remember the doubts the '04 team created during the first couple of games... but then after the LSU game it seems as if the team was catapulted into something great that couldn't be stopped.

I will say no.

Too many questions on defense such as LB and DB.

But SEC title.....very good shot.

No and the SEC is very strong this year. To win the SEC any year is difficult but with USC and Arkansas improving its just has a lot to do with injuries and the way the ball is gonna bounce.

I said yes. To hell with all the speculation.....

We've got the talent and the ability. Now with a little luck, we'll have a purty little crystall football to put in our trophy case!!!

Realistically, going through the SEC is a "Gauntlet", of Clint Eastwood proportions...but if we do go undefeated, they'd better not job us again! :au::homer:

WILL we win? I don't think that question can be answered unequivocally "yes" about any team, ever. Just to much luck involved, whoever you are.

CAN we win? We have as good a shot as anybody, IMHO.

WE have the STAFF and the TEAM to get it done. It takes some "breaks" to go your way to win it all. I say YES! We have as good a shot as anyone else. (And it feels REALY good to be able to say that and know it is TRUE ! ! !) :au::cheer:

We are undefeated today. All we gotta' do is remain that way. ;)

You bet. This season sets up very well all the way around.

:au: Senior/Junior leadership at key positions

:au: Pretty Easy OCC Schedule

:au: Major games in conference at JH

:au: Toughest SEC game is at our home away from home at JH-West

:au: Teams ranked ahead of AU play each other (OSU, Texas), (USC, ND) or play a tough schedule (ND), or will be bounced from the top 5 when the AP comes out (Oklahoma)

:au: I've got to believe that if it comes down to AU being in the mix and all things are equal we'll get a shot this time because of screw job we got in 04

:au: Toughest SEC game is at our home away from home at JH-West

I hope you meant to say that our toughest SEC road game....and even if you did, I'd disagree. Our toughest road game will be in Columbia, SC.

I say yes. We do have to have some luck along the way, but tell me the last time that a NC winner/runner-up didn't get a break enroute to the championship game? We are in the best position in years (ever) to win the NC this year. The 5 teams ahead of us will eliminate each other during the year. ND vs SC, OU vs. UT, OSU vs. UT... We have to run the table in order to get a shot though. :cheer: We can't have another UW or GT letdown.

:au:

Voted Yes, we have just as good a chance as any team, every team has its questions. We have the talent in the right areas to get it done. Like others have said this is one of our best chances to get it done but we need some good bounces. :lsu: is our key game, if we can come out of it with a good team win, watch out this team could be another very special team for :au: .

If not this year, then definitely next year.

You wouldn't happen to be a Cubs fan, would you?

:):):):)

Diehard White Sox fan. When Auburn plays for the NC during the 2007 Championship game, which is the golden anniversary year of the 1957 NC team, would we consider that the golden opportunity. Or, would we prefer the 2007 regular season a championship team Golden Opportunity (Au┼opportunity)?

I only put a pick in the Touchdown Auburn Bowl because it is needed for the purpose of the game. If it would not have messed up things, I would have preferred leaving it blank. If we win the BCS championship, I will celebrate like crazy, but I refuse to call it the National Championship until the NCAA gets a set and finally develops a playoff system so that an offical National Champion can be crowned. Until then, nobody can have ever claimed to have won a Div-1 NCAA football championship. ;):D

Archived