Strike four for Willie Williams

DKW 86

:ut: , Louisville, Fresno State, and now Troy

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15229447.htm

W. Williams won't transfer to TroyBY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

sdegnan@MiamiHerald.com

Willie Williams could be a man without a school.

Troy University spokesman Ricky Hazel told The Miami Herald on Tuesday night that linebacker Willie Williams, who would be starting his sophomore season at the University of Miami had he returned to the team, will not attend the university in Alabama.

''It looks like Willie Williams is not going to make it to Troy,'' Hazel said. ``That's what coach Larry Blakeney just told me.

'He didn't give me specifics. He just said, `It doesn't look like he's coming.' ''

Hazel said Blakeney never actually spoke with Williams, and that defensive coordinator Jeremy Rowell had been talking to one of Williams' family members or a representative.

''They were working on it, but I don't know if it was Willie Williams who backed off on his end or we did here,'' Hazel said. ``There was some negative reaction by the fans on our end, as you can imagine, so maybe it was both parties backing off.''

Williams, whose lengthy arrest record stirred national debate when UM accepted him in 2004, was given permission by Miami to explore transferring in quest of more playing time.

But Tennessee and Fresno State said they weren't interested, and Louisville couldn't take him because the Cardinals are on UM's schedule this season.

UM athletic director Paul Dee said by phone Tuesday night that Williams' athletic scholarship ``is annually renewable, and if we intended not to renew, the school would have had to give him notice before July 1, 2006 -- and we didn't do that. So he's entitled to an athletic scholarship.''

Classes at UM begin Aug. 23.

''If he wants to use the scholarship, he has to register and be a student,'' Dee said. ``If he doesn't, the benefits are forfeited. We would have the right not to renew again.''

Would Williams be allowed back on the team?

''The team situation is up to Coach [Larry Coker],'' Dee said.

``I doubt it, but it's up to Coach.''

So.....

Auburn was a little too "country" for him, but Troy is A-OK?

That kid is fricked.

well when your desperate evryplace looks great

It would take a real bottom dwelling school to take a clown like this ... say, what about U of A?

Nope will not work, Willie would be upset with the ice cream cone punishment idea he is not a ice cream man, he prefers steak and lobster. :poke:

It would take a real bottom dwelling school to take a clown like this ... say, what about U of A?

Nope will not work, Willie would be upset with the ice cream cone punishment idea he is not a ice cream man, he prefers steak and lobster. :poke:

I'll bet Mikey #@$*&^ Shula could find a decent steak for Willie somewhere....

Yeah, I am sure he could swing a visit to Ruth's Chris.

Yeah, or that place his Daddy owns...I hear they sell steak.

Why is it that almost every, and some days every, post ends up talking about "the school near the mercedes plant"? I hate them as much as anyone else, but dang!...Find something else every now and then to discuss. This board is taking a turn for the worse.

Yeah, or that place his Daddy owns...I hear they sell steak.

Sell....Give to a recruit....What's the difference in west vance? ;)

1-AA for Willie. Probably his only real option. But, there are coaches out htere, like Bob Huggins in Basketball, who will take a chance on a guy like this.

1-AA for Willie. Probably his only real option. But, there are coaches out htere, like Bob Huggins in Basketball, who will take a chance on a guy like this.

Yeah I think someone in 1-AA will take him, I hope for his sake wherever he goes he takes good note of the opportunity. If he does something to get himself in trouble or decides to remove himself from a team again. I don’t know if he will get another chance. Unless he wants to go play for the "hitman" with Clarett after he gets out of prison.

Why is it that almost every, and some days every, post ends up talking about "the school near the mercedes plant"? I hate them as much as anyone else, but dang!...Find something else every now and then to discuss. This board is taking a turn for the worse.

Uh...it's the biggest rivalry in college footaball???? What do I win??? :)

:au::homer:

It's the off season n00b. Get over it.

Not that having only a few posts automatically makes someone's opinion invalid, but only being around for a few weeks then telling us the board is "taking a turn for the worse" as if you've been around long enough to make such assessments rings hollow.

Dude, look at the first page of threads, we have a topics about WSU, LSU, UGA, Chizik and a number of other things. Less than 20 post and already getting on the bad side of Titan :no: , just relax its only 3 weeks till opening day we are all in off season mode.

Uh...it's the biggest rivalry in college footaball???? What do I win??? smile.gif

au2.gif homer.gif

SKCAUB, here is your prize I hope you like cookies.

cookie.jpg

This just in.

Willie Williams to transfer to The University of Alabama

AP Thurs, August 11, 2006

Contraversial linebacker Willie Williams has apparently found a home with the University of Alabama's Crimson Tide football program sources confirmed.

Willie Williams, the nations top high-school linebacker a couple of years ago, had nearly a dozen jouvenile offenses and has continued to have a troubled career while at the University of Miami. He has been looking for a place to transfer since fall.

That place was recently thought to be The University of Troy, however, an outcry from Troy alumni and fans have discouraged head football coach Larry Blakney from pursuing Williams.

Today it became clear that Williams new colors will be crimson and white. "We feel like he's young man who needs a second chance", Alabama head coach Mike Shula said of Williams,"everybody doeserves a second chance".

Williams cited Alabama's recent resolutions with troubled players such as linebacker Juwan Simpson as a major catylist for his interest in the Tide. "They care for they players down there. They gonna let me room with J-kill (Simpson)", Williams' confided. "It's what I need--a new beginning".

Alabama linebacker Juwan Simpson who was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and stolen firearm, a felony charge that would ordinarily warrent prison time, has not been forced to serve even one game of suspension.

"We have a coaching staff here that focuses on supporting our players", coach Shula told reporters this morning. "Our coaches spend as much time preaching character as they spend teaching tackling. We are very interested in Willie as a person. I think he'll fit in well with our program and, when given a chance, will be an asset to society, I think. What he need's is some direction, understanding and maybe an ice-cream cone."

When asked if Williams would also be a valuable asset to the Alabama defense Shula quickly chimed, "you better f-ing believe it".

courtsey of bahrhunter from ITAT

Not that having only a few posts automatically makes someone's opinion invalid, but only being around for a few weeks then telling us the board is "taking a turn for the worse" as if you've been around long enough to make such assessments rings hollow.

I have been around for at least 4 or 5 years, watching. So your reply was predictable.

I have been around for at least 4 or 5 years, watching. So your reply was predictable.

You sound oddly familiar.

Regardless, the point was...well there were two of them:

1. It's the off season, which breeds more of this kind of stuff. There's nothing you can do about it so make the mental adjustment and move on.

2. Telling a board you've only marginally participated in that it's going downhill, taking a turn for the worse or whatever assessment you've come up with lacks weight and is thus given the appropriate amount of consideration.

Predictable enough for you?

Archived