Broussard shows no signs of injury

DKW 86

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/....xml&coll=1

Glad to hear he is back and healthy...

Broussard shows no signs of injury

But LSU staff to keep close eye on tailback

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

By William Kalec

BATON ROUGE -- Asked if there's anything he can do now that he previously couldn't do on his surgically repaired knee in the spring, LSU running back Alley Broussard said, "Yeah, run."

If any lingering discomfort remains, Broussard has done an excellent job hiding the pain through the initial two non-pad workouts, partaking in every running back drill during sessions open to the media. Coach Les Miles said the his staff and the trainers will closely monitor Broussard, especially with the team's first scrimmage set for Sunday.

While Broussard's health, his mental state is mended after dealing with bouts of depression when the rehabilitation process wasn't progressing according to schedule.

"As far as a percentage -- you'd just have to see me out there running and compare me to when I was healthy," Broussard said. "I really couldn't tell you right now. I feel I have a little more to do as far as cutting and stuff, which I never really did."

ACTION JACKSON: Place-kicker Chris Jackson said he's not experiencing pain when fielding snaps or following through on kicks after undergoing Tommy John surgery in January. Jackson hyper-extended his elbow against Vanderbilt on Oct. 8 last season on kickoff coverage. He played the rest of the 2005 season with the injury but missed the baseball season when the elbow flared up during tossing drills.

In spring practice, Jackson was relegated to kicking field goals.

"Couple months ago I got my full range of motion back," Jackson said. "As far as muscle memory and techniques, it didn't take me long to regain all of that. My timing was a bit off as far as my punting but besides that, it wasn't anything I struggled with. After a while, I just got the feel back."

CLEARED: Cornerback Tyson Andrus, one of the five newcomers awaiting approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse when LSU fall camp commenced Sunday, practiced for the first time Tuesday after gaining eligibility. Andrus, from Lafayette, transferred to LSU from Ole Miss. He will be classified as a freshman.

LSU is awaiting clearance of running back Keiland Williams, defensive tackle Al Woods, offensive lineman Steve Singleton and running back Richard Murphy.

Archived