Eight Who Won't Win the NC This Year

Proud Tiger

SI.com has an article about this year's "Pretenders," highly rated teams in the preseason that won't win the NC. The eight mentioned are Texas, Florida, LSU, Penn St., Georgia, Oklahoma, Oregon and TCU.

SI.com has an article about this year's "Pretenders," highly rated teams in the preseason that won't win the NC. The eight mentioned are Texas, Florida, LSU, Penn St., Georgia, Oklahoma, Oregon and TCU.

So that means Bama is Back again right? :roflol:

Yeah!!!!

Back to 6-6............... ;)

I was using Bammer logic since they were not listed in the 8 that won't win the NC this year. ;)

So that means Bama is Back again right? :roflol:

Way back!

I can't agree with LSU. They're loaded from top to bottom and have their QB back and another pushing him for the job. Georgia surprises me as well because they're stacked with one question mark...QB. However, they have at least 3 top rated signal callers on the roster and I imagine Richt will develop one of them.

LSU's a legit top-5 team in the country, just with an average-at-best coaching staff. Does anyone else remember Bama 31, UF 3 last year? Seems like nobody's talking about that game when mentioning Florida as a title contender this season.

I can't agree with LSU. They're loaded from top to bottom and have their QB back and another pushing him for the job. Georgia surprises me as well because they're stacked with one question mark...QB. However, they have at least 3 top rated signal callers on the roster and I imagine Richt will develop one of them.

I would think that WR is a question mark for :uga: these days, but your right both teams are loaded. However, lets not kid ourselves; LSU, UGA, and UF are on the list b/c they play :au: ! :cheer:

whether florida is legit or not, they don't matter. the schedule prevents them from having any hope of national title. they'd better concentrate on the east. seriously. at tennessee early, then a four week stretch vs bama, vs lsu, at auburn, and neutral with uga, closing at fsu? forget it.

lsu has tough road games, but they are spaced out and the schedule sets up as nicely as it can. auburn is bookended by crap, same for florida, with crap before arkansas... only tough stretch of games is fresno, at ut, and bama. it's tough to play four good teams on the road, but at least you get breathers in-between.

and to show i'm not biased, i think auburn is in florida's boat next year. we could be better than we were this past year and go 8-4 or 9-3 in 2007... at florida, at lsu, at uga, and at arkansas anyone?

I will not write LSU off until after we play them and beat them. Otherwise they are as legit as anyone in the Top 20 IMHO.

I look for Spurrier to HUMILIATE the former Utah coach this year. No offense intended lurking LSUers, but the former Ok. State coach is going to get schooled by the ole ball coach too. S.Carolina beats Gators BIG this year. Spurrier's still the biggest jackass (except for maybe the Gator's for letting him go) and best gameday coach in the SEC.

I look for Spurrier to HUMILIATE the former Utah coach this year. No offense intended lurking LSUers, but the former Ok. State coach is going to get schooled by the ole ball coach too. S.Carolina beats Gators BIG this year. Spurrier's still the biggest jackass (except for maybe the Gator's for letting him go) and best gameday coach in the SEC.

Only way LSU gets "schooled" by the ole ball coach is if we meet them in Atlanta!!! ;)

Only way LSU gets "schooled" by the ole ball coach is if we meet them in Atlanta!!! ;)

Yeah, I was thinking that also. Canuck, you counting us out in the SEC championship game? :poke:

I guess I am one of the rare people that Spurrier does not rub the wrong way. He is a great coach with alot of confidence, and he is not afraid to speak his mind at times, but he knows how to be careful with his words and not give an opponent any bullentin board material. Unfortunately his type of coaching did not work for my Redskins, but also give some of the blame to Redskins management, Snyder especially, on how he tried to run the team around Spurrier.

I was sort of hoping Auburn would be listed so the guys would have a little more bulletin board material.

Why do our players need some sports writer to motivate them to try to win games?

I will not write LSU off until after we play them and beat them. Otherwise they are as legit as anyone in the Top 20 IMHO.

Agree with that, the winner of that game most likely will be the SEC west champ.

I will not be confident about Auburn until I see them play and win a few games. No matter what frame of mind our guys were in for the bowl game, they got their butts kicked. I was there and it was not pretty. Also, Auburn needs to rid itself of the first game jinx. Our schedule is not easy by any means. I see us potentially having two losses. 10-2 is very realistic, 12-0 is unlikely, 8-4 is possible.

Archived