Alabama at Auburn 2005

autiger518

Since there isnt much to talk about........

I was bored last night scrolling through the channels ....nothing on. I flip over to recorded TiVO programs....boom....Alabama @ Auburn 2005 Football Game.....well seeing as how I am completly jonesing for some football and lets face it preseason NFL can only be watched for about a quarter. I said why the hell not, and proceeded to watch the whole game....minus commercials (God bless you TiVo).

I just have to say in all my years of watching Auburn Football and College Football that has to be the most well played offensive and defensive 1st quarter I have ever seen played....It was simply amazing and of course to watch Alabama implode made me smile all over again.

So question to all...can you name a better played QUARTER Au or otherwise that you have ever seen?

The only game that comes to mind would be the Miami vs. Nebraska MNC game in 01. Miami came out firing and never stopped. I think Eric Crouch still has nightmares about that game. Maybe him and Brodie can start a support group.

That '94 LSU game has got to be the all-time emotional roller-coaster for Auburn fans!

We tie it late with TD pick. They march for a field goal. They're ahead.

Aother pick for a TD (our third) and we're ahead again.

They're marching again. Just a coupla' minutes left.

We intercept! Instead of going down, he runs by a Bengal who snatches the ball out of his arm! LSU ball!

On their last play, QB throws to the left side of endzone--interception!

Camera cuts to Todd Burk, LSU receiver all by himself in the middle of the endzone. Burk puts his hands on his helmet and just collapses.

Defense tied NCAA record with 4 defensive touchdowns. 3 picks returned, fumble covered in endzone.

For an entire half, AU was incredibly dominant vs UT on the road in 2004. 31-3 at half.

I have to agree. That had to be the single most dominating performance by an Auburn team over any respectable program.

Back to the theme of this topic, there has never been a more satisfying quarter of football in Auburn history. Well, at least for me it was, I will remember it forever; I was in a lounge in the Atlanta airport sitting right in front of the TV, in the back of the lounge was a 'Bama family and they were sitting there in absolute SHOCK. After each score they sunk further down in their chairs...

(I had to then go get on an airplane wondering if Auburn had given up that huge first quarter lead, that was the longest flight home of my life...)

At first I wondered if it was better to have given uat some hope:

2004--0-6 at half, uat players wide-eyed, dashing to the dressing room wildly waving their helmets! Crowd beserk! Then, DOOM!

Or to crush them out of the starting blocks, a la 2005:

Crunch, Crunch, CRUNCH!!

I think the "Early Smack" is better!

The look on DeMeco's face after we go up 28-7 is priceless! Sitting on the bench thinking about the "Shutout" jawing he'd done.

the 1st half of the 1999 uga game was a peach, too. pun intended. 31 - 0. the ronnie daniel and ben "the grin" leard show in the hizzy. it went 28-0 and ronnie slam dunked the goal post and we owned the dump from then on. that's the only crowd i've ever been in where the other side wanted to fight at half time.

For Auburn I have never seen a better quarter against a quality oppennet than the 05 UA first quarter. The 04 UT game was the best overall game I had ever seen Auburn play. The only thing close to that was the 04 Georgia game. LSU in 94 was the most miracilous Auburn comeback. If you can remember that game Auburn's offense, or lack there of, was only responsiable for 10 points. Auburn really stunk it up that day. We could not do anything until LSU called for and threw three dumb passes. Actually four. Brian Robinson picked one last pass attempt with a minute or so remaining in the fourth quarter.

The absolute best quarter I ever saw was, I believe it was 1995, Florida vs Florida ST. Florida ST, WHOM I ABSOLUTELY HATE, was down by four touchdowns going into the forth quarter. I think the score was 31-3.

Florida ST came back and tied Florida 31-31. :no: Never play not to loose. It will come back and bite you on the rump. I sure wish that there was OT back then.

For my complete satisfaction, nothing comes remotely close to the total domination of Q-1, AU stomping UA's rear in the Pat Dye turf time after time. I don't believe the good ole boys at UAT could ever exceed the humiliation of this quarter ... it was priceless.

84? FSU. We won 56-28.

Going into the 4th it was something like 28-21. FSU scored a quick 14 against the scrubs to bring back to reasonable.

We then scored 28 points off of 4 sttraight turnovers and drives. Hell the DL were scoring for us. It toook something like 8 minutes to score 28. FSU lost 2-3 qbs and it was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed. Even better than the 05 Iron Bowl because it was against a team I actually thought could beat us. With Alabama in 2005, the only question was whether we would beat ourselves.

Since there isnt much to talk about........

I was bored last night scrolling through the channels ....nothing on. I flip over to recorded TiVO programs....boom....Alabama @ Auburn 2005 Football Game.....well seeing as how I am completly jonesing for some football and lets face it preseason NFL can only be watched for about a quarter. I said why the hell not, and proceeded to watch the whole game....minus commercials (God bless you TiVo).

I just have to say in all my years of watching Auburn Football and College Football that has to be the most well played offensive and defensive 1st quarter I have ever seen played....It was simply amazing and of course to watch Alabama implode made me smile all over again.

So question to all...can you name a better played QUARTER Au or otherwise that you have ever seen?

The fourth quarter of the '72 Punt bama Punt game. I didn't get to see it as I was in Viet Nam but if there was ever a better and more satisfying quarter I would like to see it!

I think Q1 2005 has the better end of the deal because it's still fresh in our minds. Punt, Bama, Punt I heared on a transistor radio, and it's still fresh to this day. Defense in special teams can win games.

Archived