Nip Call ??

TigerDad

A touch sensitive, are we, Liger?

Honey, you have to understand that I am the most superstitious paranoid member of this board when it comes to angering the football karma gods. They giveth and taketh away at the slightest of slights. Things have to be done correctly, appropriately and with the proper respect or it all goes terribly wrong...

Timmy seems to have curried favor with the football karma gods,which is why the official calling of the Nip is his job.

That's also why Timmy has to always post at least once a week "One game at a time..." - to help remind us not to be too giddy and look ahead, or else we get bitten in the ass.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major

Well excuse the hell out of me. Put me on vacation then. Sorry my sarcastic humor got so damned misinterpreted.

Lighten up, Atlee and Ginger Francis.

No one is really serious.

Although....we haven't had a banning in a while.

Call the nip, don't call the nip, wear my "lucky" hat, don't wear it, wear my "Lucky" shirt or not, walk the same way to the stadium, etc.....

none of this helps a field goal attempt go through the uprights or a reciever catch the ball.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Call the nip, don't call the nip, wear my "lucky" hat, don't wear it, wear my "Lucky" shirt or not, walk the same way to the stadium, etc.....

none of this helps a field goal attempt go through the uprights or a reciever catch the ball.

But it makes people feel like they are part of a team and makes them feel better.

For those who believe, no explaination is needed. For those that do not, no explaination will do.

My original post was supposed to be sarcastic hence the "I was at 7000 feet and it was cold outside" comment. I'm certainly not over sensitive 99.9% of the time. I apologize if my reaction came across as such but being told to basically shutup with extra large bold caps and an angry smilie and threatened with a ban over something silly somewhat......irritated me. I don't take to kindly to idle threats. I'm a put up or shutup kind of guy. Hope y'all can understand that.

I'm not superstitious either. Our team either performs well enough to win or they perform well enough to lose. No happy medium. And "football karma gods" have nothing to do with it, just our coaches and players. It's that simple.

I apologize if I ticked off anyone who believes in superstitions. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm hardly ever serious about anything and anything I say is said out of fun. If I'm being serious, trust me, you'll know it.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't see how it's meteorogically possible for"The Nip" to get here in the next week and a half.

It's still 4th-of-July weather out there.

Guest Tigrinum Major

My original post was supposed to be sarcastic hence the "I was at 7000 feet and it was cold outside" comment. I'm certainly not over sensitive 99.9% of the time. I apologize if my reaction came across as such but being told to basically shutup with extra large bold caps and an angry smilie and threatened with a ban over something silly somewhat......irritated me. I don't take to kindly to idle threats. I'm a put up or shutup kind of guy. Hope y'all can understand that.

I'm not superstitious either. Our team either performs well enough to win or they perform well enough to lose. No happy medium. And "football karma gods" have nothing to do with it, just our coaches and players. It's that simple.

I apologize if I ticked off anyone who believes in superstitions. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm hardly ever serious about anything and anything I say is said out of fun. If I'm being serious, trust me, you'll know it.

Apology accepted.

Whining and seriousness are not attributes to be admired around here.

That's a bunch of BS :big:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't see how it's meteorogically possible for"The Nip" to get here in the next week and a half.

"i f" The "Nip" were just temperature related, you would be right. Thankfully, it is SOOOOO much more!

I did a little fishing yesterday. It was hot, but I did notice some leaves falling into the water and some yellowing of leaves. Definitely a foreshaddow.

Honey, you have to understand that I am the most superstitious paranoid member of this board when it comes to angering the football karma gods. They giveth and taketh away at the slightest of slights. Things have to be done correctly, appropriately and with the proper respect or it all goes terribly wrong...

Timmy seems to have curried favor with the football karma gods,which is why the official calling of the Nip is his job.

That's also why Timmy has to always post at least once a week "One game at a time..." - to help remind us not to be too giddy and look ahead, or else we get bitten in the ass.

Hmmm. I feel the same way, as far as the Karma goes. She's right you know.

"i f" The "Nip" were just temperature related, you would be right. Thankfully, it is SOOOOO much more!

Doesn't it have a certain smell to it? And a feel?

WE have past the '05 Calling of the Nip by one day.(08-15-05). I will go ahead and tell you that I am starting to see a few "signs" around. I smelled leaves burning two days ago. (One of my neighbors FINALLY cleaned up their back yard). I am seeing a few leaves that have actually changed color or are in the begining stages of "changing". (My Lovelly Bride says that I am an idiot and that they are not "changing" but are simply DYING due to the HEAT!.....Poor unknowing soul.) My lawn,what is left of it, seems to be taking on that "early Fall" look.

I am looking for any and all signs. The NIP can't be too far away. Hang in there!

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! O N E at a time. :au::cheer::cheer::cheer:

p.s. If any of you see kids throwing the pigskin around in the front yard, be sure to let me know! ;)

Liger, who uses the word "Blasphemer!" in a serious tone of voice outside a Monty Python movie?

CROWD OF WOMEN: [yelling]

WEN OFFICIAL: Liger, son of Bammer of Delusion.

LIGER: Do I say 'yes'?

STONE HELPER #1: Yes.

LIGER: Yes.

OFFICIAL: You have been found guilty by the elders of the board of unofficially calling the NIP without authorization or permission, in violation of the natural order of How We Do Things On This Board, and so, as a blasphemer...

CROWD: Ooooh!

OFFICIAL: ...you are to be stoned to death.

CROWD: Ahh!

LIGER: Look. I-- I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my dog was, 'That tree out there is turning colors, so I guess that I can call the NIP..."

CROWD: Oooooh!

OFFICIAL: Blasphemy! He's said it again!

CROWD: Yes! Yes, he did! He did!...

OFFICIAL: Did you hear him?!

CROWD: Yes! Yes, we did! We did!...

LIGER: Look. I don't think it ought to be blasphemy, just saying to call the NIP...

CROWD: Oooh! He said it again! Oooh!...

OFFICIAL: You're only making it worse for yourself!

LIGER: Making it worse?! How could it be worse?! NIP! NIP! NIP!

CROWD: Oooooh!...

OFFICIAL: I'm warning you. If you say "NIP" once more--

[RAVAD stones OFFICIAL]

OFFICIAL: Right. Who threw that?

[silence]

OFFICIAL: Come on. Who threw that?

CROWD: She did! It was her! He! He. Him. Him. Him. Him. Him. Him.

OFFICIAL: Was it you?

RAVAD: Yes.

OFFICIAL: Right!

RAVAD: Well, you did say "NIP".

CROWD: Ah! Ooooh!...

[CROWD stones RAVAD]

OFFICIAL: Stop! Stop, will you?! Stop that! Stop it! Now, look! No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle! Do you understand?! Even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "NIP"...

CROWD: Ooooooh!...

[CROWD stones OFFICIAL]

WOMAN #1: Good shot!

[clap clap clap]

Jenny, I saw and old Python clip on, of all places, Public television last week. King demands that servants "invent" flying. They begin to kick one after another slaves off the top of the castle. Each is commanded to "FLY!"

random office poll re CALLING THEN NIP-

:au: fan -yes

:usc: fan -yes

clemson fan - yes

Notre dame fan - yes ( she showed me her ND scarf hanging in her office, ready for a frosty morning)

Philly fan - no-(he said he hasn't seen any snow)

Other five nonresponders :what is a nip, what is college football, who cares, go away I am trying to work, and don;t you have any work to do ?

I hope this additional information helps in War Tim's decision

random office poll re CALLING THEN NIP-

:au: fan -yes

:usc: fan -yes

clemson fan - yes

Notre dame fan - yes ( she showed me her ND scarf hanging in her office, ready for a frosty morning)

Philly fan - no-(he said he hasn't seen any snow)

Other five nonresponders :what is a nip, what is college football, who cares, go away I am trying to work, and don;t you have any work to do ?

I hope this additional information helps in War Tim's decision

Any and All input is needed and appreciated. :au::cheer:

I turned the thermostat down. Then ,I got out my boot dryer and Thinsulateâ„¢ 1000 gram boots. And, I'm planting bulbs in the garden tomorrow. I hope all of this helps.

I gotta admit Tim, last night when I got home from work, the air conditioning was finally allowed to do it's job by ole hag summer. A chilly 72 degrees in my living room for the first time in six weeks.

I know it's not here yet, but closer to it we are...

Archived