Fight Songs

MDM4AU

Over at the SEC website there is a poll about who has the best fight song. Well, we all know who that is without having to vote :au: . So, I thought I would pose this question:

Which SEC fight song is the worst?

I don't not like any of the other fight songs. I do like LSU's pregame and UF's "Go Gators" chant. Rocky Top is the Devil's lullaby.

"Rocky Top is the Devil's lullaby."

:jump::jump::jump:

Priceless!!

Miss State's "Go State" bit is awful. (Know what would make it better??? More Cowbell!!!! But I digress . . . :rolleyes: ) Speaking of things Mississippi, throw "Hottie Toddie" (sp?) in there, too.

Does Florida have a fight song?? All I can think of is "Gator Bait," the "Gator Chomp," etc.

Have to admit LSU's pregame ("Hold that Tiger???"), when played (at night) at Death Valley, is impressive. It troubles me (a little) that certain changes to our pregame in the last couple years (the bit where the band turns and faces each section pre - "War Eagle") seem to be derivative . . .

"Yea, Alabama" is almost one of the better ones by default . . .

bama has the worst fight song, hands down. The only thing that would make it worse is if they had Roseanne Barr out there singing the words to it. :puke:

LSU is a close second since I want to end my life everytime I hear it.

Actually, I sort of like UT's fight song. It's catchy and it irritates the pi$$ out of bama fans more so than I think ours does. :lol:

OK…I’m a bit crogidy about this subject. Pet Peeve # 1). Fans, know the words to your fight song. 2). Fans, understand what your fight song is and what is NOT your fight song. 3). Don’t play the song into the ground by coming up with “x” amount of variations on your fight song.

I'm strickly talking Fight Songs, not the songs that are played over and over (the jaws theme as an example or Rocky Top)

Some of the best in my opinion are Auburn, UF, LSU, UGA and Ole Miss.

I hate UT’s, UAT and MSU.

Attention UT fans: Rocky Top is NOT your fight song. I’ll say that slower. Roooockyyy Toooop is NOOOOT yoooour Fiiight Song.

Same goes for you UGA. Glory is NOT your fight song. Your real fight song is very catchy.

As stated above, we get it MSU, “ Go State..go state..go state”…..KEY CHANGE!...”Go State….”

It reminds me of that Old Lamb Chop song...This is the song that never ends, It just goes on and on my friends, Some people started singing it not knowing what it was And they’ll continue singing it forever just because, This is the song that never ends.... (repeat, and repeat, and repeat...)...AH.. GO STATE!

HEY UT, I'm looking in your direction also!

Commenting on the Pregames, I don't think many can beeat LSU'S Hold that Tiger. What helps that be so impressive is the way the fans get into it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

More Cowbell!!!!

Gene Frenkle: Can I just say one thing?

Bruce Dickinson: Say it, baby. Say it.

Gene Frenkle: I'm standing here, staring at Bruce Dickinson!

Bruce Dickinson: The cock of the walk, baby!

Guess I'll chime in on this one.

Really just have two that I cannot stand hearing both because they play it into the ground!

Tennessee

and

Southern Cal - I got my fill of this one when Andre Bruce was throwing their QB around during the citrus bowl. We were winning but it was raining and USC kept breaking into that damn song. To bad they didn't break into a version of "Tusk".

bammer's sucks. The words are SO incredibly outdated, the music sounds like something from a Rogers & Hammerstein musical, and none of the fans know all the words...

Bama just needs to get to it already. The intro takes 6 minutes.

Bah bah ba ba baaahhhh

"Here it comes Maxine, they's playin thuh fight song.

Ba ba ba ba ba ba Bah bah ba ba baaahhhh

Get up Maxine, and put cher teeth in. They's fixin' to break out

Ba ba ba ba ba ba Bah Bah Bah Baaaahhh

Damnit, Maxine, raise yer beer up, here it comes

Baahhh ba ba Bahhh ba ba

YEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWW Rooooowwwww TAAAHD Row.

Bah bah ba ba baaahhhh

Baahhh ba ba Bahhh ba ba

:roflol::roflol: The beginning sounds like a drunk elephant.

Rocky Top is the most god awful fight song.

Bah bah ba ba baaahhhh

Baahhh ba ba Bahhh ba ba

:thumbsup: THAT was freakin hilarious!!!!

I can hear the whole stadium sing our fight song at certain times, like as the team comes out. Every single word, most of us know and sing. While at bama they know "Yeah Alabama, mumble Tide!" and that is it...That is the difference when the majority of your fans attend the school and the majority of your fans are dirt road alumni.

Tennesee has a horrible tune. Miss St. has a horrible tune. Ole Miss's song is just gay.

I love Florida's, Georgia's, and Arkansas's songs. Da Da DADA Da Gator Bait!! is just awesome. Go you Georgia Bulldogs is really cool too.

Bah bah ba ba baaahhhh

Baahhh ba ba Bahhh ba ba

:roflol:

That is the difference when the majority of your fans attend the school and the majority of your fans are dirt road alumni.

t

Does this apply only to UAT? I ask because I am not an AU alumnus, only a fan. Hope you don't look down your nose at me for that.

I guess what I am saying is, as a dirt road alumnus, should I even be a part of this board?

Guest Tigrinum Major

That is the difference when the majority of your fans attend the school and the majority of your fans are dirt road alumni.

t

Does this apply only to UAT? I ask because I am not an AU alumnus, only a fan. Hope you don't look down your nose at me for that.

I guess what I am saying is, as a dirt road alumnus, should I even be a part of this board?

My answer to that is, yes you should.

There is a difference between Auburn fans and Alabama fans of the dirt road alumni persuasion.

t

One thing to remember: the phrase "dirt road alumi" should never be spoken in the same senetence with AU people. If you freely chose AU to root for then you've already demostrated intelligence & logic above that of that other fan base. Dirt road alumni belong to uat, period. WDE :au::au:

t

Nah, I was speaking in general terms and I hope everybody knows that. In general, 87,000 at :au:CANNOT be all alumni. But I would guess that the Alumni'sidewalk fans ratio is a lot higher on the AU side than on the Bama side. PF was the first to use the "Dirt Road Alum" and as far as I know the term is BAMA specific. To me and others it was used by him to more accurately portray the difference in the fan bases. Auburn has always been 15-20% larger than Bama and therefore just generated more Alumni year after year. Whereas Alabama has a lot of bandwagon fans that are bama fans because they picked just like they picked their own noses, it was just handy....

Apologies if I upset you, or anyone else with that.

It is still AWESOME that you can hear us sing the national anthem before the kick-off and the Fight song as well. At the Bama games I have been to, (very many btw) I cannot tell you that I have actually heard anyne sing either.

... PF was the first to use the "Dirt Road Alum" and as far as I know the term is BAMA specific. ...

Are you sure about that? I've been using "dirt road alumni" to refer to the bammie unwashed masses for years. Other schools have their "sidewalk alumni" -- I figured the uat variety didn't have sidewalks, or even pavement on their roads.

Archived