It's Good To Know the State of Alabama

Bottomfeeder

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We was beat up by a Bible salesman and banished from Woolworths.

Everett, was it the one branch or all of them? "

Vernon here's got a job. Vernon's got prospects. He's bona fide. What are you?

(You've skipped over integral parts of the movie.)

I'll tell you what I am - I'm the paterfamilias! You can't marry him!

Damn! I was going to use the paterfamilias!*

*Note to the confused people reading this thread. What you are reading are the excerpts from "O Brother Where Are Thou," an eminently quotable movie.

My favorite Coen brothers movie, however, remains Fargo.

However, there's that great scene in Miller's Crossing where two goons are trying to rubbing out Albert Finney while he's in bed smokiing a cigar, readiing a newspaper, and listening to "Danny Boy" on the Victrola. Anybody know that scene?

By the way, Bottomfeeder, our apologies for hijacking your thread. But next time, start with a coherent initial posting so we know what the hell you're trying to say.

I simply made a factual statement. I have the facts and the evidence.

I'm glad I know this, and Rep. Jo Bonner will know too.

There is your original post. So far in this thread you have posted nothing to verify the statement.

Now back to the movie quotes.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Raising Arizona. Best movie by the Coen brothers...

"...or my name isn't Nathan Arizona!"

Guest Tigrinum Major

So far in this thread you have posted nothing to verify the statement.

Or given us a reason to give a aMm.

Well, you lying, unconstant succubus.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't swear at my fiancé!

Couldn't let that go unsaid.

Now, back to quoting Raising Arizona .... or Bottomfeeder's problem, whichever you all prefer.

Well, you lying, unconstant succubus.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't swear at my fiancé!

Couldn't let that go unsaid.

Now, back to quoting Raising Arizona .... or Bottomfeeder's problem, whichever you all prefer.

I would say "Raising Arizona". I have yet to see the problem that Bottomfeeder has. Claims to have the means to do something but doesn't / won't. Sounds like a run of the mill liberal to me.

Favorite quote from Fargo, or close to it, as Marge Gunderson is driving Gaer Grimsrud to the pokey:

"Well, there was the woman you murdered. And I guess that was your accomplice in the woodchipper. There's more to life than a little money, ya know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are. And it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it."

Raising Arizona. Best movie by the Coen brothers...

"...or my name isn't Nathan Arizona!"

Hey, I love Raising Arizona...don't get me wrong. It was just a big shaggy around the edges. Fargo, however, is just one of the very few perfect movies ever make.

"Her womb was a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase."

Guest Tigrinum Major

I just wanted to let everyone know what kind of state live in.

It has its problems, just like every other state. But its also home. It has a lot of good things about it also.

Stop trying to poison everyone's mind.

I'd rather live here than in a state where the politicians get away with murder and where the streets don't kill me.

I'd rather live here than in a big city where crime is rampant, traffic is a constant headache, and everything costs more.

I'd rather live here where golf is year round than in a climate that makes me literally hurt when I'm in it.

I'd rather live here than in a town with a major collegate football program that can't even compete with its biggest rival.

I chose to live in this state, specifically in this town, because of the above things (and some others). That's not to say the other reigons don't have anything to offer. I hate Mass, so I'll leave that one alone. NYC offers a ton of stuff to do, good jobs, and its basically the center of the US. DC is full of history, Chicago is a great sports town, and even LA is non stop action. Colder climates offer winter activities such as skiing, snowmobiling, and ice fishing - and the summers are more mild for those who can't take the heat. I'll leave T-Town alone too.

Alabama has its downfalls, but every state does. I couldn't focus on the negatives of every state, or I wouldn't want to live anywhere. Heck, even Hawaii has major limitations being out in the middle of the Pacific, as well as volcanoes and the occasional hurricane. However, parts are a tropical paradise. The weather is great - 81 in July, 80 in December, tons of stuff to do, and UH can beat uat.

So you are saying that crap like this,,,,,

My boss and/or his wife are embezzling funds, my funds, from tax withholdings, what do I do?

,,,,,doesn't happen in those northern, union states?

So you are saying that crap like this,,,,,

My boss and/or his wife are embezzling funds, my funds, from tax withholdings, what do I do?

,,,,,doesn't happen in those northern, union states?

Not to my knowledge. I never had a problem with my withholdings coming up missing. Neat little program called Money 2001 helps me track investments, spending, income, withholdings, taxes, etc. And, I never had problem with drug addicts using on the job up there. Labor laws in Illinois are much more supportive of worker, while Alabama they seem to support the employer. I guess it would be a lack representation, that's what unions do, represent the worker allowing for more productivity. Here I am having to waste my valuable time concerned about law-breaking employers when I could be reading Mike Holt or studying for another class which will increase my value as an employee. That's the way it was with the union, I could concentrate more on working skills and less on my money concerns and job conditions. I found out this guy was stealing through Money 2001, the numbers were screwed up. Then I checked the check stubs, which verified the Money 2001 findings.

What was funny was telling the Alabama Industrial Relations moron in Montgomery, while the wife of the employer was on the phone, how I found it. She stated, "I know BF is computer literate, I know he can do a spreadsheet." Well, duh, a spreadsheet in the least of my computer skills. I believe they thought they had hired a redneck bammer, you know, from the neck down. Anyway, I'm going to Bonner's office either today or tomorrow with everything I have.

New developments in the Money 2001 Tax Center help individuals simplify the process of tracking, managing and filing their taxes. New features include the following:

• Tax Withholding Estimator. This tool provides consumers with an easy way to determine the appropriate withholding amount for their particular situation and effectively manage their annual tax burden.

• Integration with TaxCut from H & R Block. Through Microsoft's relationship with H & R Block, TaxCut now automatically recognizes and reads tax-related data from Money 2001 data files. TaxCut allows consumers to review or update the information for more complete, accurate tax return preparation.

If you seriously expected legal help from a sports forum, I have concerns about you.

Contact a lawyer.

Why hire a lawyer, when I have paid enough in state income taxes to provide enough support to use the system to it's full advantage? I should not have to hire an attorney, because that's what the NLRB, IRS and Alabama Industrial Relations Board is for, right?

Yea right, that's like paying more taxes to get the same result. I would rather pay 2.25% over a lifetime of employment and never be concerned with criminals. That's where the Goon Squad comes in.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Why hire a lawyer, when I have paid enough in state income taxes to provide enough support to use the system to it's full advantage? I should not have to hire an attorney, because that's what the NLRB, IRS and Alabama Industrial Relations Board is for, right?

Yea right, that's like paying more taxes to get the same result. I would rather pay 2.25% over a lifetime of employment and never be concerned with criminals. That's where the Goon Squad comes in.

Then by all means, contact them. And if you had wanted to do so, you could have made these points in that same thread about 24 hours ago. I will continue to derail your threads that cryptically slam my state and have some vague reference to a thread from four months ago.

We can't read your twisted, demented little mind.

Then by all means, contact them. And if you had wanted to do so, you could have made these points in that same thread about 24 hours ago. I will continue to derail your threads that cryptically slam my state and have some vague reference to a thread from four months ago.

We can't read your twisted, demented little mind.

YOUR STATE? The STATE belongs to God, and we the people are merely stewards of the state (and apparently even the crooks). However, if there is a problem with the laws, then THE PEOPLE need to be made aware, in any format possible, as long as it's within the law (it's called a grievance - and is constitutional). I choose the "slam effect" because I believe anger motivates people to do the right thing, and I have something to compare it to. Plus, I can't hide emotions the way others can, if I'm mad you will know. I apologize if I offended your LOVE for a state, the one to which you do not own. Nobody owns the state, but God.

YOUR STATE? The STATE belongs to God, and we the people are merely stewards of the state (and apparently even the crooks). However, if there is a problem with the laws, then THE PEOPLE need to be made aware, in any format possible, as long as it's within the law (it's called a grievance - and is constitutional). I choose the "slam effect" because I believe anger motivates people to do the right thing, and I have something to compare it to. Plus, I can't hide emotions the way others can, if I'm mad you will know. I apologize if I offended your LOVE for a state, the one to which you do not own. Nobody owns the state, but God.

Well when is God gonna start picking up the ad valorem taxes? Do I need to invoice him or is that something the state needs to be aware of?

Archived