6th Grade

Educators need to pick a grade to establish classes on the Code of City Ordinances in elementary schools across the state. Ignorance is no excuse for law-breaking children. I'm sick of hearing, "but I didn't know." Yea, well that's the states responsibility because they are the ones receiving federal monies for public schools, so they need to be responsible for the implementation of said classes.

ARTICLE I. IN GENERAL

Sec. 62-1. Discharging firearms, air guns, etc.

It shall be unlawful for any person within the city or within the police jurisdiction thereof to discharge any firearm or instrument of like character or description, except in military parades or reviews or in defense of self, home or family, or to discharge any air gun, spring gun or any implement which impels with force a metal pellet of any kind.

(Code 1965, § 41-73)

Guest Tigrinum Major

I have a feeling someone's cat was shot by a pellet gun.

Well, that's what I am hoping anyway, but sani's scenario isn't bad either.

You guys are nutz. We have light in the parking lot of the apartment complex that has been repeatedly service by Ala. Power Co. due to vandalism of a pellet/bb gun. Also, I have been feeding these stray kittens for about two months now, and I don't want anything to happen to them (hurricane season is here). There is a federal code against cruelty to animals. Shooting a bb gun at a cat is a federal crime, and discharging an air power instrument is a local ordinance violation. Last night the teenage, 14 y/o, had the neighbors bb gun out shooting it into the bushes, so she says. When I saw her with the gun she tried to hide it, and one of the strays walked around the corner just as she became visible. 1+1=5, the gun, her and her two friends and a victim. These kids have no discipline (b/c they are fatherless) and are ignorant to the local ordinances governing city limits. Their mothers, who work nights, are ineffective b/c kids do WTH they want regardless of who or what is involved. There is no guardianship. :au: Shooting me, or anything else, would be biggggg mistake. Can't lay a hand on them, but I know where the youth center is, and it's no picnic. They aren't ignorant any longer, b/c I shared the LAW with them last night. Ignorance is no longer an excuse. If I hadn't shared the law, that would make me liable as an adult.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If you would post more like that last one and less like the thread starter, we wouldn't make fun of you.

Your story now makes sense.

Shooting a bb gun at a cat is a federal crime,

What about a .270?

But if the cat had dynamite strapped around him and then was detonated in a public place, he would be considered a freedom fighter by some.

Shooting a bb gun at a cat is a federal crime,

What about a .270?

Certainly. The local ordinance covers all firearms since 1965

http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway....11265&sid=1

Now you know where I live.

But if the cat had dynamite strapped around him and then was detonated in a public place, he would be considered a freedom fighter by some.

That's stretching a bit. That would have to involve human action.

"The cat has no thumbs Fokker."

Quit feeding strays. Call the pound. Take them into your home. Or eliminate them quickly and painlessly. But do not keep feeding feral animals.

Oh yeah and get nutered.

Two points here....

#1 Jinxy doesn't get to use the "man boobs" :blink:

#2 I always liked the Stray Cats. Brian Setzer is a GREAT guitarist. :big:

Quit feeding strays. Call the pound. Take them into your home. Or eliminate them quickly and painlessly. But do not keep feeding feral animals.

Oh yeah and get nutered.

Me or the animals?

I guess arranging to have a civil meeting with the kids and their parents is out of the question. But, there's less jail time for that than for shoving an airgun up a 14 yr. old's butt even if you don't pull the trigger. And think about it, who's gonna look out for the cats while you're doing time?

Oh yeah and get nutered.

Me or the animals?

Well the fact you are asking leads me to believe that it should be both.

I guess arranging to have a civil meeting with the kids and their parents is out of the question. But, there's less jail time for that than for shoving an airgun up a 14 yr. old's butt even if you don't pull the trigger. And think about it, who's gonna look out for the cats while you're doing time?

What?

I would never harm a child. I would just tell them how they are wrong, what I would do about it and what the consequences are for their actions. Pretty damn simple, huh? The mother doesn't care, b/c she let the first child quit HS and buy drugs from a car in the front of our bldg. Needless to say someone saw the child buy the drugs and she was banned form the complex. Kids today have everything at the finger tips but fail to access it. I believe peer pressure from the boys down the hill may have put her up to no good. She just needs some direction, and mother isn't giving it too her. Psychologically, she's looking for a father figure and only one's she can find are the thugs down the hill. I can't be a father figure b/c, frankly, I don't have the patience for out of control children who disrespect adults and lie. It'll be interesting to watch her actions from now on. She's good kid, she just needs someone to guide he, that's all. I'll take care of the thugs down the hill by explaining to them the same things. Fear has a way of causing one to think twice about what they are doing and the consequences of their actions. Without it our society would crumble.

What?

I would never harm a child. I would just tell them how they are wrong, what I would do about it and what the consequences are for their actions. Pretty damn simple, huh? The mother doesn't care, b/c she let the first child quit HS and buy drugs from a car in the front of our bldg. Needless to say someone saw the child buy the drugs and she was banned form the complex. Kids today have everything at the finger tips but fail to access it. I believe peer pressure from the boys down the hill may have put her up to no good. She just needs some direction, and mother isn't giving it too her. Psychologically, she's looking for a father figure and only one's she can find are the thugs down the hill. I can't be a father figure b/c, frankly, I don't have the patience for out of control children who disrespect adults and lie. It'll be interesting to watch her actions from now on. She's good kid, she just needs someone to guide he, that's all. I'll take care of the thugs down the hill by explaining to them the same things. Fear has a way of causing one to think twice about what they are doing and the consequences of their actions. Without it our society would crumble.

I'm disappointed Bf. I thought you'd be more proactive.

BTW:

1. I'm putting myself up for adoption. Anyone interested?

2. What are your favorite foods there on the bottom?

Sorry, We are only accepting applications from cats at this time. :big: Plus, I don't think you could handle the regimented & disciplined structure here.

I link Hot Wings, Red Hots, Collards, Corned Beef Hash, Hereford Ribeyes, Nixon's Favorite Chicken Devine Recipe, Tomato Gravy and Rice w/ Render Conecuh Sausage Rue, Grilled trigger fish, N.O. Style BBQ shrimp with French Bread for dipping, Authentic French Toast from Brioche made from scratch, etc.

The cats get tuna liquier and Zatarain's boiled shrimp for treats. Hill's Veterinary (Perscription) RD diet. Monthly baths (I now you couldn't stand this, right?) with Revolution Treatment. Daily brushings and lots of lovin'. Bottom living has it's advantages, like the absent of debt.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/855349/pood.jpg

Not me, but I know a lot of 'em. My brother is married to a Lousiana lady, but not corndog. She's an MBA Southeastern LA University, I believe, and he's an ME from Auburn, University. Smart kids too. Man, lucky guy, and an excellent father, very domesticated, kids are first, all the time, everytime. Auburn would be proud.

My cat loves Tchaikovsky:

Forgot to mention the blackened boneless chicken filet chicken grilled. Man, that some kind of good. We use Chef Hans out of Monroe. $3.00 gets you 4 oz. while Prudhommes is outrageous. Hans is better than Prudhommes. We eat good because it's about the only thing we do. We don't drink or drug, so we eat well. :big:

http://www.chefhansgourmetfoods.com/new_page_7.htm

Oh yeah and get nutered.

YES PLEASE get them spayed or neutered. Hell even if you do not take them into your home, get them spayed or neutered.

http://www.maddiesfund.org/projects/mobile_spay.html

Oh yeah and get nutered.

YES PLEASE get them spayed or neutered. Hell even if you do not take them into your home, get them spayed or neutered.

http://www.maddiesfund.org/projects/mobile_spay.html

We are, they're going to clip one ear too.

Archived