6th Grade

Quit feeding strays. Call the pound. Take them into your home. Or eliminate them quickly and painlessly. But do not keep feeding feral animals.

Oh yeah and get nutered.

YES PLEASE get them spayed or neutered. Hell even if you do not take them into your home, get them spayed or neutered.

http://www.maddiesfund.org/projects/mobile_spay.html

We are, they're going to clip one ear too.

Awesomeness. The clipping of the ear is the universal sign for I don't have testicles or ovaries anymore. :)

Awesomeness. The clipping of the ear is the universal sign for I don't have testicles or ovaries anymore. :)

Damn. It used to be I could just shoot any old cat. Now I have to look for a clipped ear and let that one go?

Life just keeps gettin more and more complicated.

A crossman 760 on 1 pump with just a BB will get any kid's attention........

Which side is clipped? I would hate to shoot one that had already been snipped?

It's the left side, I believe. A cat with a clipped right ear just means it's gay.

It's the left side, I believe. A cat with a clipped right ear just means it's gay.

:roflol:

Up until this post, I was wondering what in the hell I was doing still reading this thread.

Damn. It used to be I could just shoot any old cat. Now I have to look for a clipped ear and let that one go?

Life just keeps gettin more and more complicated.

A crossman 760 on 1 pump with just a BB will get any kid's attention........

You're a FELON!

Article 11 of the Alabama Code, enacted in 2001, “CRUELTY TO DOG OR CAT.” Section 13A-11-240 Through 247. The specific charge should have been under Section 13A-11-241, a Class C Felony. This includes the use of a deadly weapon.

http://www.admiralsantiques.com/dothan_eag...ws_on_fuzzy.htm

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/searcha...Bills/SB167.htm

1+1= So, you never grew up, huh?

Good science begins with basic description, so I sought to fill in some of the gaping holes in our knowledge of animal abusers. Between 1975 and 1996, the MSPCA investigated approximately 80,000 complaints of abuse and neglect. (These numbers are increasing over time; the number of complaints from 1990 to 1994 jumped by thirty-three percent over the prior five-year period.) Only 268 cases out of these 80,000 were prosecuted by the MSPCA. These were egregious cases of intentional cruelty-such as beatings, burnings, stabbings, or drownings-which served as our study sample. In analyzing the data, I found that dogs were the most common target of cruelty; dogs and cats together accounted for the vast majority of incidents. Almost all of these animals were owned rather than stray. The majority of complainants were female, while suspects were almost always young males. Prosecuted minors were more likely to abuse cats, beat them, and do it with peers present, but prosecuted adults were more likely to abuse dogs, shoot them, and do it alone. In criminal court, less than half of the alleged abusers were found guilty, a third were fined, less than a quarter had to pay restitution, a fifth were put on probation, a tenth were sent to jail, and an even smaller percentage were required to undergo counseling or perform community service. (In Massachusetts, animal abuse is treated as a misdemeanor; the maximum penalty for cruelty to animals is a fine of not more than $1,000 and/or imprisonment for not more than one year.)

Massachusetts Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (MSPCA)

Quit feeding strays. Call the pound. Take them into your home. Or eliminate them quickly and painlessly. But do not keep feeding feral animals.

Oh yeah and get nutered.

YES PLEASE get them spayed or neutered. Hell even if you do not take them into your home, get them spayed or neutered.

http://www.maddiesfund.org/projects/mobile_spay.html

They were the first ones I called about traps. The babies are still coming around. The mother isn't feral, I can pet her and pick her up. She's Siamese.

They were the first ones I called about traps. The babies are still coming around. The mother isn't feral, I can pet her and pick her up. She's Siamese.

You mean she is joined with another cat. Talk about your carnies!

Was that a joke or what? She and the other of 5 kittens that I have been feeding since they were about two weeks old or so. They are to be trap, and spayed/neutered and released. That's six times about $30, comes to 180 bucks to give life in the wild to six cats. I would take them in, but the Norwegian I have won't have it. He is older and intolerant of other cats, period. He's 15 lbs. of feline fuss. He's been on a diet that last three months in an attempt to lose belly fat, thus preventing liver disease.

Guest Tigrinum Major

"Excelencia empujón" to you both.

Yep, enough grocery sacks and bricks to solve the stray cat problem would put you out somewhere in the neighborhood of $3.25

Compared to the $180 to keep these trash strewing varmints in the business of wrecking flowerbeds, putting their pawprints and scratchmarks on people's cars; it sounds like a good deal.

Here's what I don't understand...why isn't there an ordinance to spay and neuter human beings? Especially the ones Bottomfeeder mentioned who don't take care of their kids?

I'm mostly a Libertarian, but that's one aspect of human conduct that would benefit from more government oversight, not less.

Yep, enough grocery sacks and bricks to solve the stray cat problem would put you out somewhere in the neighborhood of $3.25

Compared to the $180 to keep these trash strewing varmints in the business of wrecking flowerbeds, putting their pawprints and scratchmarks on people's cars; it sounds like a good deal.

That's the difference between me and you. God said He would take care of the animals, but He didn't say how. He uses us to do His work on earth, and He uses me and my wife to help take care of those animals that no one wants. Sure they got into the flower beds, but they're past that stage now. The squirrels get into them sometimes, but they too have overcome that. As for the feral thing, we are working on that. One of them came up to me last night and sniffed my hand. Anything can be overcome, if you have faith.

My wife and cat have taught me how to treat felines. For the most part they are very independent, but they have weaknesses, one being selfishness and the other is food. They associate food with love. I will continue to treat them as mine.

God uses me as his instrument to weed out the sick and slow. Making the species better, stronger, and faster. It's all part of a greater plan.

God said He would take care of the animals, but He didn't say how.

Could you show me that verse? Or is he speaking directly to you AGAIN......

I guess He does say how.

The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. (Genesis 2:15)

He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains. They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches. He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work. He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate-- bringing forth food from the earth: (wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart. The trees of the LORD are well watered, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted. There the birds make their nests; the stork has its home in the pine trees. The high mountains belong to the wild goats; the crags are a refuge for the coneys. The moon marks off the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down. You bring darkness, it becomes night, and all the beasts of the forest prowl. The lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God. The sun rises, and they steal away; they return and lie down in their dens. Then man goes out to his work, to his labor until evening. How many are your works, O LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number-- living things both large and small. There the ships go to and fro, and the leviathan, which you formed to frolic there. These all look to you to give them their food at the proper time. When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things. (Psalms 104:10-28)

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matthew 6:26)

Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! (Luke 12:24)

How long will the land lie parched and the grass in every field be withered? Because those who live in it are wicked, the animals and birds have perished. Moreover, the people are saying, "He will not see what happens to us." (Jeremiah 12:4)

The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth." (Revelation 11:18)

The Bible teaches us that God is not only redeeming his people, but is also restoring the

whole creation (Rom. 8:18-23). Just as we show our love for the Savior by reaching out

to the lost, we believe that we show our love for the Creator by caring for his creation.

Because clean air, pure water, and adequate resources are crucial to public health and

civic order, government has an obligation to protect its citizens from the effects of

environmental degradation. This involves both the urgent need to relieve human suffering

caused by bad environmental practice. Because natural systems are extremely complex,

human actions can have unexpected side effects. We must therefore approach our

stewardship of creation with humility and caution.

Human beings have responsibility for creation in a variety of ways. We urge Christians to

shape their personal lives in creation-friendly ways: practicing effective recycling,

conserving resources, and experiencing the joy of contact with nature. We urge

government to encourage fuel efficiency, reduce pollution, encourage sustainable use of

natural resources, and provide for the proper care of wildlife and their natural habitats.

http://www.nae.net/images/civic_responsibility2.pdf

http://www.nae.net/

one of our cat's died this afternoon. The kids and wife were all boohooing. Its hard to explain to 9-10 yr. olds that death is a part of life. I assume someone ran her over, she was lying under the porch. I buried her and paid my respects. That's why I try not to get too attached to our pets, I know one day they will pass, sad.

one of our cat's died this afternoon. The kids and wife were all boohooing. Its hard to explain to 9-10 yr. olds that death is a part of life. I assume someone ran her over, she was lying under the porch. I buried her and paid my respects. That's why I try not to get too attached to our pets, I know one day they will pass, sad.

Man, I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I know it's tough. Part of me says don't allow myself to become vulnerable by loving God's gifts, and another part says show them the God inside me and accept the pain as an act of God's will. It's easier to accept death knowing that nothing really belongs to me, I am just a steward for short time, a testing period to see if I'll be faithful to God. Everything that is created, was created by Him and belongs to Him and not man. Crying is a way of releasing the pain inside, and is part of the grieving process. If any step in the grieving process is skipped, the grief will not leave. Once the kids have accepted the death of their beloved pet, you may want to consider having another one, but please keep them inside. When they go to the vet, put them in a Pet Taxi. Please look after them, they are His too.

God Bless,

BF

Archived