Only in Texas...

Jenny AU-92

In Texas, especially West Texas, a lot of oil and gas wells are located on farms or ranches or even hunting leases. They can be out in the middle of slap dab nowhere. So sometimes in contracts where my company is going to provide services for a customer's oil or gas well, you will see a provision like this one, altho I must say that this is the most specific one I have come across. This customer is actually based out of Midland.

Contractor warrants that its employees, its sub-contractors and their employees will not hunt, fish, perform other sport or recreation, or use or be under the influence of, drugs or alcohol while performing Services or while on, or traveling to or from, any job site or premises owned by, leased by, or otherwise under the control of, Company, or any location where Services are to be performed. Contractor further warrants that none of said employees will possess on, or cause to be brought to, any job site or premises owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by Company, or to any location where Services are to be performed, any sort of firearm, ammunition, bow, crossbow, fishing equipment, or other similar equipment, whether left in a private or Contractor vehicle or not. Contractor further warrants that none of said employees will possess on, or cause to be brought to, any job site or premises owned, leased, or otherwise controlled by Company, or to any location where Services are to be performed, any sort of illegal or illicit drug, narcotic, or alcoholic beverage, whether left in a private or Contractor vehicle or not.

So in other words, boys, no gettin' likkered up and spotlighting off the rig!!! :roflol:

Alabama also has lots of oil and gas wells, so I would imagine some Alabama contracts would have something similar. But it struck me as funny, and I thought I would share one of the few bright spots of humor from my job. Most of the time, the only funny stuff is the stupidity or incompetence (or both) of opposing counsel. ;)

Archived