Blackmon & Sears

zeebish

All of the press seems to keep saying that Blackmon & Sears will be suspended for at least 3 games, although CTT specifically stated that no decision has been made about the length of their suspensions. Both players have admitted the error of their ways, and I'm sure both have been paying their dues in practice.

My personal take is that at least Blackmon will play against LSU. His infraction seems minor compared to Sears (drinking in public vs. DWI and leaving the scene of an accident)

What do you guys think? Will both these guys get at least a 3-game suspension? And if not, will CTT catch hell for playing either of them by the LSU game since everbody seems to expect at least a 3-game suspension?

WDE

Zeebish

Don't really see how he can be second guessed by anyone. CTT has made a strong stance on discipline and has never backed down from it. (unlike some other folks)

To my knowledge Tubs has never said what their punishment will be. If he said three games, so be it. But in the absence of hearing him say it, I think both will play against LSU

I am almost certain that both of them are suspended for the first 3 games of the season.

Blackmon - 3 game suspension

Sears - 5 game suspension (sat out 2 games last year)

CTT has never said any specific number. He has only said "several games". Sears sat the UGA game last year. He did not travel to Orlando for personal reasons.

I feel like Sears may sit the first two, and Blackmon the first one. Just my opinion!! :huh:

At Mark Murphy's talk at our church Monday night, he said no definite game total had been mentioned to that point. He did say the feeling is that CTT will make an example of Blackmon. He said it's early in his career and CTT wants to keep him in line and also show the rest of the team that he means business.

Murphy went on to say that if Blackmon keeps his head straight during his career at AU, he will play on Sundays because he is THAT GOOD!!

I think the games they sit out may not be consecutive. He may pick and choose which games for them to miss. It's looks like we need the leadership now.

"His hips are high," he says, pointing to a receiver. "He has no intention of breaking off his route."

Muschamp is in his element. He is teaching.

"We're doing a lot better job on all those crossing routes underneath," he says.

"John, if you bail, stay on his outside shoulder," he tells cornerback Jonathan Wilhite."

As a receiver breaks free on a pass in the flat, Muschamp raises his voice to make a point.

"The No. 1 rule as a flat defender is we can't get outflanked," Muschamp says. "We can't ever

get outflanked."

"This is a bust!" Muschamp says as a receiver breaks open. "Cover Six is the easiest coverage

we've got. I don't understand this."

"It was amazing to look at," Muschamp says, referring to the previous day's practice. "We were

having a good practice. We get to two-minute and we don't communicate, we look like we're tired,

we don't have any leadership. There are going to be a lot of Saturdays you are going to be tired."

His voice is rising as he talks.

"We're just not mentally tough enough!" he says. The message is clear. He plans to do something

about it and do it soon.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill....xml&coll=1

If CTT gives them 3 games (this year), then he gives them 3 games. Its his decision. He's their father while they play football for Auburn, and I will support any decision CTT makes, no matter how depleted the linebacker corps is. I have not read where CTT specifically stated to a newspaper that Blackmon and Sears got a specific number of games as punishment. I believe he just stated that Blackmon and Sears will serve a suspension as part of their punishment.

As far as the newspapers go, we know how they always throw their own spin on stories and create something out of nothing. By doing this, for example, if the newspapers say that both players got 3 games, and later on CTT says Blackmon will play the LSU game (thus, Blackmon only receiving a 2 game suspension), then the newspapers will try to say CTT lied or something like that. Some newspaper reporters do this to help sell more copies :o , and make themselves look good to their bosses. :no:

What we as fans have to realize is that these players are young men and sometimes they are going to screw up and do something wrong. They will always need discipline and guidance for awhile until they mold themselves into a mature individual and that will take some time. With positive influences like CTT and his staff I believe these young men will be more than able to achieve this. From what I have read and heard, Blackmon and Sears seem to be sorry for what they did and seem to be doing the right things. In other words, they understand what they did was wrong and accept their punishment for their actions. I feel like with CTT's guidance and leadership, they are on the right path!

War Eagle! :au:

Well honestly I hope they are both back for the LSU game....but like others have mentioned Coach Tubberville is the head coach, and whatever he decides, I will support. Hopefully they are having to stay after practices and do extra running or something, and then he could sit them the home opener on national tv and also the first road game....it's a shame that this happened to blackmon, but then again I guess it is better now before we've all seen how great he is and won't be as upset about his abscence. I'm sure we'll be fine even if they are out through the LSU game, but I hope that both only miss up until the LSU game. My only concern is if he does only give each a 2 game suspension everyone will say he was only doing it until the big game with LSU regardless of the fact that he's never mentioned a set amount of games........

There's only one consideration regarding Tuberville's decision: It's not the fans, not the BOT, not the NYT, not any of the media. It is, "What effect will this action have on the rest of the team?"

He and his staff have the best handle on that.

It is entirely possible that Sears and Blackmon's missing, say, the LSU game will make the team STRONGER that night. They could come together, they could win one for their buddies, they could take heart that they know the right thing is always going to be done.

It is hard to quantify what's right: 2 games, 3 games, 6 games? There's no handbook. But we pay the staff good money to be psychologists, as much as anything. Hopefully, they have the feel. They see the eyes looking at them every day. They may even have specific input and feedback from the field leaders.

It will be interesting. I only hope the decision is not driven merely by expediency.

My only concern is if he does only give each a 2 game suspension everyone will say he was only doing it until the big game with LSU regardless of the fact that he's never mentioned a set amount of games........

You are right, but who could they point to as doling out more severe punishment. Keep in mind Sears was suspended tow games at the end of last year.

Well honestly I hope they are both back for the LSU game....but like others have mentioned Coach Tubberville is the head coach, and whatever he decides, I will support. Hopefully they are having to stay after practices and do extra running or something, and then he could sit them the home opener on national tv and also the first road game....it's a shame that this happened to blackmon, but then again I guess it is better now before we've all seen how great he is and won't be as upset about his abscence. I'm sure we'll be fine even if they are out through the LSU game, but I hope that both only miss up until the LSU game. My only concern is if he does only give each a 2 game suspension everyone will say he was only doing it until the big game with LSU regardless of the fact that he's never mentioned a set amount of games........

Heres my take. I dont give a crap what the media says if he lets em' play. All that will happen at that point is everybody will blow up about it one day, and then it will be forgotten. Auburn is going to be so dad gum good this year that nobody gives a hoot anyway whether or not Tubs said this or did that. Well, except for that sorry excuse for a sports guy Paul Finebaum. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!! :au::au::au::au::au:

I think Sears will be back for LSU. Blackmon, I'm not sure. If he does come back for the LSwho game, just think about how PUMPED UP that boy is gonna be! I have a feeling that if he is in that game, he's gonna plow some Toonsies into the dirt. That being said, I'm not as worried about our team as I was about a week ago.

WDE!

Ryan

Archived