To Attend or Not Attend (1st Game)

boddatiger99

Ok, life changing important decision I must make here. Attend the first game, or watch it from home? Here's both sides of the coin:

Attend: I have free tickets (can't tell you how, I would have to kill you). 1st game atmosphere is AUsome, no matter who we are playing. The nip has been called (by the way, went a little overboard on that pic...c'mon guys). Seeing friends and family. Driving through north GA and the ATL with my flags flying (love that feeling). Watching Irons run over people with 87,000 of my best friends.

Not Attend: Won't get home til 2am. Have to get up for work Sunday morning at 5:45am. Could invite some folks over to grill out and watch the game (and listen to the boring ESPN2 commentators...ah, who knows, maybe they will give us props).

Please help.

Thanks.

:au::sec:

Man, I can't believe you have to work on Sunday. They wouldn't give you the day off? Can you switch shifts with someone or something?

I hate not having enough sleep. If you're young you should have no problem though, just don't drink.

Otherwise, I'd say, ebaY the tickets and make plans for the LSU game --- weekend.

Man, I can't believe you have to work on Sunday. They wouldn't give you the day off? Can you switch shifts with someone or something?

I hate not having enough sleep. If you're young you should have no problem though, just don't drink.

Otherwise, I'd say, ebaY the tickets and make plans for the LSU game --- weekend.

Have to work, long story.

Don't drink...so only fear is falling asleep.

If I don't use the tickets, won't sell them, have other family members ready to devour them.

I have free tickets (can't tell you how, I would have to kill you).

If you don't go can I have the tickets?? :big:

The answer is easy: Yes, otherwise you will be kicking yourself. So what if you have to work? A couple days later work will be in the past and you'll wonder why you didnt go.

He wont have any sleep from say Saturday morning through Sunday 2 a.m., then straight to work after he gets home at at 545 a.m., wired for sound. I have been there, and it's no fun, that's no sleep. Of course I was union, working at Comerica Park in Detroit March 2000, and had Good Brothers watching out for me. And, I was excited about just being there. But that was like 36 hours no sleep. You can all of that you want, for me those days are over. I have only nodded once on the road, and fortunately, my wife was following me back to AL from Chicago. We pulled over. 4 hours of sleep and I was okay. It's a personal call, but I'm not encouraging this adventure.

It depends on what you do for work...if you are a Doctor performing your morning brain surgery, an airplane controller, or the krispy kreme guy. Other then those 3 jobs you have no excuses my friend you must go to that game!!!!!!

It depends on what you do for work...if you are a Doctor performing your morning brain surgery, an airplane controller, or the krispy kreme guy. Other then those 3 jobs you have no excuses my friend you must go to that game!!!!!!

:roflol:

how many times in your life have you been without 3 or more hrs sleep. You can do it, they are right about kicking yourself. Just suck it up grab some no doz and coffee and u will be good. Hell I didn't get home til 4am after the bama game and I had to get up at 6 with my son. DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

I agree just tough it out and go to the game I dont care how nice of a surround system you have at home nothing compares to 86214 screaming War Eagle!!!!!!! I'll be there nothing like it in the world! im getting fired up just thinking about it

I generally work every Sunday...BUT I took that Sunday off MONTHS ago. Son, you have to plan ahead and have your life's priorities lined up. As you get older, this will become more apparent to you. :big:

:au::homer:

Two options:

#1 Go to the Game. :au::cheer:

#2 GO TO THE GAME ! ! ! :au::cheer:

Hey man, free tickets. Of course, I see your point about missing sleep. Plus, ESPN usually has better commentators for night games, so it won't be complete torture if you stay.

But then again, FREE TICKETS...you know you wanna...

Go. Not even much of a question.

Although this is coming from a guy who drove to Baton Rouge saturday morning last year, and then drove home all through the night after the game because there were no hotels available due to Katrina. That was a LONG trip. Got back to Auburn as the sun was coming up. But it was worth it, even with the loss.

Archived