The Kool-Aid Floweth

DKW 86

The Future Is Now

By Shane from Center Point

Guest Commentator

August 18, 2006

For much of the 21st century, Auburn and about 4 other teams in the SEC have reaped the harvest from crippling NCAA sanctions, specifically scholarship reductions, that along with the negative stigma of probation drove recruits to these schools like bees to honey. (And yet we still hear that bama has signed yet another Heisman Trophy winner every year.)

Much to the delight of these 5 major SEC schools, Alabama had to fight the recruiting wars with both hands tied behind their back. :rolleyes: The NCAA penalties worked. It’s simple, lack of numbers meant lack of depth. Lack of depth in the brutal Southeastern Conference was lethal. (But Shane, you assured us that Bama had a plan, and probation wasnt going to stop the Tide.)

I’ve watched the Crimson Tide’s depth deepen and real talent and numbers have grown back to full power. :o I’ve begun to realize that Coach Mike Shula can recruit big, fast, quality athletes. He’s getting the best players from this state, yet he is also tapping the entire state of Florida and collectingthe best Mississippi has to offer.

At last, in his 4th year as the head coach, Mick Shula has depth at every position. The Tide now has 10 quality down linemen on the defensive and offensive sides of the football. They’re stocked with 66 men who can playin the SEC and a few freshman phenoms like Terry Grant (Mississippi’s Mr.Football), Javier Arenas (a south Florida burner), Mike McCoy (prototype WR), and Justin “the Hitman” Woodall, who will likely see playing time.

Frankly, I can see the future is now. Alabama’s core group of upperclassmen (Jr’s and Sr’s) is on par with the other 5 SEC majors. The difference makers for the Crimson Tide will be the new big time talents like Andre Smith. He alone could make Bama’s offense twice as good. (Shane never took math: 2x0=0) Remember, Chris Samuels made Shaun Alexander a star and Bama’s quarterback, when passing the football, could ignore the backside. As a result we won the SEC Championship.

Anyway, I hope the teams at the top of the SEC enjoyed the Tide’s prison stay. Every team except Auburn and LSU have recently felt the rise of the Tide and both groups of Tigers know their days are numbered (no pun intended).

Bama finished last season ranked 8th in both major polls. The Crimson Tide recorded it’s NCAA record 28th ten win season and that was a good start. It’s time to take the record a step higher this year. Yes, we lost some talent and Brodie Croyle, yet the quality depth is much better than since the beginning of this century and our quarterback position is much more talented. (More talented than Brodie "the football god" Croyle? How can this be?)

Only the record at the end of the season will tell us if Bama’s back, (I thought that SI said that right before :lsu: and :au: showed up.) but one thing is for sure – Mike Shula has them on their way. The man can spot great talent and go get it. The 2006 version of the Crimson Tide is chocked full of speed, blue-chip talent and power. I would be surprised if Bama doesn’t contend for and win the SEC crown. (Many think you're going to be surprised.)

Then, life with the big six in football’s elite club will be back to normal and once again, Alabama can claim it’s rightful title as the “bell-cow” of the SEC. (It hasnt stopped you from claiming that Bama was the b-whatever every year since 1999.)

I'm a huge Finebaum fan, listen every day, but I wonder if Shane's column is some type of joke.

What about this gem, and where is the "pun"?

Every team except Auburn and LSU have recently felt the rise of the Tide and both groups of Tigers know their days are numbered (no pun intended).

There is a HUGE lesson to be learned here boys and girls......

Just say NO to CRACK ROCK ! ! !

it just shows what a sorry program /show this is. To have some

off the street loser write a column as if it is credible.

He is a PF groupie hanger on that PF uses to create listeners.

Plus it deflects attacks on PF himself.

Remember talk radio is a total waste of time, and serves NO positive purpose.

So this year once again uat will have zero excuses, right? Finally why does uat

have the "right" to anything? You have to earn it, and Auburn has snatched uats manhood away

what little they had to begin with.

uat and their fans the jokes of the sec :cheer:

This Thread should be titled, The Poison Kool Aid is ready for the Cattle!

Give me one more excuse...........Please! One year it's the scholarships, the next it's the probation, this past year "well if Prothro had been healthy...................Yeah Yeah Yeah we know he would have been a loser too.

I'm a huge Finebaum fan, listen every day, but I wonder if Shane's column is some type of joke.

Every team except Auburn and LSU have recently felt the rise of the Tide and both groups of Tigers know their days are numbered (no pun intended).

Ha, I was thinking this exact thing.

I read it like 3 times trying to find a pun. I'm a bit hungover so my brain's not in tip-top condition, so I thought maybe it was just me.

I mean, who is this guy anyway? If his sister hadn't marred Paul Finebaum, he would be some anonymous nitwit. But through the accident of marriage, he's a public nitwit.

All that being said, he's smoking serious crack if he thinks Alabama is going to do any stepping up in the next couple of years. If it weren't for an incredibly light schedule last year, Alabama would have been a 6-5 team at best. Even with the schedule they had, the Tide barely eked out wins against Tennessee and Ole Miss. The one good win last year was a respectable thumping of Florida. But the rest of the year was marked by an offense that was DOA. Our total humiliation of Alabama last year proved that this team was a paper tiger.

What's more the star offensive talent for Alabama is gone this year. The defense has been decimated by graduation. Even an ace DC such as Joe Kines is going to have a tough time coming even close in terms of last year's defensive squad.

Personally, I think the Hawaii game is going to be the trap game of Alabama's season. If Hawaii pulls off an upset (A distinct possibility given Hawaii's wide open offense and Alabama's young defense), then the whole season goes off the rails.

Ha, I was thinking this exact thing.

I read it like 3 times trying to find a pun. I'm a bit hungover so my brain's not in tip-top condition, so I thought maybe it was just me.

I think he was talking about the whole "rise of the Tide" thing. He put the (no pun intended) in the wrong place.

I mean, who is this guy anyway? If his sister hadn't marred Paul Finebaum, he would be some anonymous nitwit. But through the accident of marriage, he's a public nitwit.

All that being said, he's smoking serious crack if he thinks Alabama is going to do any stepping up in the next couple of years. If it weren't for an incredibly light schedule last year, Alabama would have been a 6-5 team at best. Even with the schedule they had, the Tide barely eked out wins against Tennessee and Ole Miss. The one good win last year was a respectable thumping of Florida. But the rest of the year was marked by an offense that was DOA. Our total humiliation of Alabama last year proved that this team was a paper tiger.

What's more the star offensive talent for Alabama is gone this year. The defense has been decimated by graduation. Even an ace DC such as Joe Kines is going to have a tough time coming even close in terms of last year's defensive squad.

Personally, I think the Hawaii game is going to be the trap game of Alabama's season. If Hawaii pulls off an upset (A distinct possibility given Hawaii's wide open offense and Alabama's young defense), then the whole season goes off the rails.

Actually their star offensive player is back, Darby. If it hadn't been for him and Protro (the first few games) they would have lost one or two early on. The D will be putting pieces together after losing what 7 starters, and replacing with relative inexperience.

Shane is an idiot and has never written or said anything that made a lick of sense, unless of course you are another bammer, then it is crystal clear!!

That dude must be drunk....alot...as in constantly.

The truly sad part about it is that he isnt...he's just an idiot. At least if he was drinking hed have an excuse.

Boys, do not listen to smameless Shane. If he fell off the turnip truck and busted his skull open, little red elephant turds would roll out.

A couple of days ago, PF had (Dang, I just brain farted) the head SEC referee dude on. What's his name? Man....I hate when that happens.

Anyway, it's a decent guest and interview and then Paul takes a call from Germ..uh, Jim from Tuscaloosa. Jim proceeds to rip into the guest about how all refs are crooked and on the take and the guest knows it and blah, blah, blah....

It's an absolute farce. That's what gets me about his show. Why on earth does he allow...no, encourage the intelligence level of his show to drop about 80% by having Jim, Shanehead, Bobby and I-man call his show 4 times a day to start a bunch of crap. They're clowns.

A couple of days ago, PF had (Dang, I just brain farted) the head SEC referee dude on. What's his name? Man....I hate when that happens.

Anyway, it's a decent guest and interview and then Paul takes a call from Germ..uh, Jim from Tuscaloosa. Jim proceeds to rip into the guest about how all refs are crooked and on the take and the guest knows it and blah, blah, blah....

It's an absolute farce. That's what gets me about his show. Why on earth does he allow...no, encourage the intelligence level of his show to drop about 80% by having Jim, Shanehead, Bobby and I-man call his show 4 times a day to start a bunch of crap. They're clowns.

His "audience"/uaters LOVE his CRAP. :blink:

His "audience"/uaters LOVE his CRAP. :blink:

Like Shane for brains said, The NYT Article was great for PFRN. "Paul has had more :au: callers today than the rest of the year." :au: folks do just like CTT and ignore him. To me personally it is like a train wreck for the most part. I just gotta watch/listen.

Now, the best part of PFRN is this, he does have VERY good contacts at :ua: . He doesnt have a clue about :au: though from what I hear on the back end. It is nothing for him to 180 degrees out of sync at Auburn.

Archived