I'm starting to get somewhat concerned

eagle76

Is anyone else getting that uneasy feeling about all this optimism about this upcoming season?? It seems that every time that I have been so charged up about an upcoming season, I have been rudely slapped back down. First example is my senior year at AU in fall of 75. We were ranked very high and fell on our a$$ straight out of the gate against Memphis State. It went downhill from there. Recently it was the 2003 season. Then last year we all know how we were predicting a large win for AU against GT (they COULD NOT beat us twice in a row). I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but this much optimism and confidence is really worrying me. Do any of you older fans see what I mean??

Coach Tuberville and Staff have our program at the point that we are expected to be good...VERY good. Will we win them all? Who knows?

I do feel that we have a chance to beat everyone on the schedule.

Time will tell the tale. 'Till then...Enjoy our status as one of the premier programs in America!

That’s the dichotomy that makes college football what it is, we are going to be picked high and finish low, just like 03' and we are going to come out of no place and be great like 04'.

I will say this team has all the makings of a great one but has questions. If you are going to sit back and worry about what could go wrong then the good things that happen in a season will pass you by. Because your worried about when the bottom is going to fall out, my advice is take it one game at a time an enjoy the ride “if” the bottom is going to fall out, then its going to fall out. No amount of you or I fretting over it is going to delay or hasten that fact of the matter.

The most wonderful time of year is coming football is just 2 weeks or so away, get ready and enjoy it will all be gone again to quickly.

I agree. This is a great time of year and I am enjoying it. Right now all teams are equal and fans can claim anything they want. I just feel that CAUTIOUS optimism is warranted and to be careful with PRE-SEASON optimism. I am definitely excited about this upcoming year but I have been around long enough to see not only AU but many other highly touted teams have troubles that quickly destroys the enthusiasm that was building.

As you can see, I am not a sunshine pumper but I do enjoy hearing and seeing all this enthusiasm. I just remain cautious and hopefully let my enthusiasm build higher and higher during the year.

Archived