Anyone know about ribbon scoreboard?

TMAN34

supposedly theres a rumor out we are getting those "ribbon scoreboards" like the ones LSU has...and the ones at most NBA arenas. Anyone know any truth to that?

Well I was up at the top of Haley yesterday(Eagle's nest) and there was definitely no ribbon scoreboard on the West Side of the stadium and didn't look like they were about to put one up either so this may be something that had to be put on hold

They are putting them up. Didn't they already take down the tigerstripes and "loud" meter thing off the sides?

How'd you get up there? You a Student Recruiter? I tried getting up there but my card doesn't work :/

They were having SAA signups up there yesterday.

They are putting them up. Didn't they already take down the tigerstripes and "loud" meter thing off the sides?

As of yesterday tigerstripes loud meter thing was still up on the West side.

obviously my emphasis on my post...but hey lets be a dick abt it....wde...i hope u fly the same way too

It seems you like to put emphasis on alot of your posts. You know there are other ways of doing that besides using caps. For instance:

What a jerkhole!!!

Kiss my butt!!!

See how the use of more then one exclamation gives you the same affect without having to annoy everybody by using all caps. To most on this board, the only time all caps should be used for yelling or emphasis is when you use it in the following manner:

WAR EAGLE!!! or WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Also playground crap like calling names and using certain types of profanity will not get you any respect by most members of the board.

That concludes todays lesson about proper "all caps" etiquette for AU Nation. Class dismissed and have a good weekend.

BTW...what are ribbon scoreboards? I am sure I have seen them before, but never heard what they are actually called.

obviously my emphasis on my post...but hey lets be a dick abt it....wde...i hope u fly the same way too

Being a jerk about it would have included nuking your post and then sitting you on the bench after this one. The caps lock picture was a sarcastically humorous reminder to tone it down.

You've only been here six posts and already irritated two people who've been here a lot longer than you. Try a little harder to follow the flow and fit in.

You can attack the post but not the poster. That's the way we fly here. If you can't do that, there are other boards you can visit.

I could CARE less IF someone USES all CAPS as LONG as THEY are POLITE. :)

This is a football forum not an English Literature forum.

If it irritates you then just don't read it and for sure don't raise it to a fight by correcting their style of writing.

AnYbOdY WaNt To TaLk AbOuT FoOtBaLl?

Here are the ribbon board pics.

dsc01541vo6.jpg

dsc01545bi8.jpg

oops, here are the boards

http://image59.webshots.com/459/6/8/45/235...59VJLSOr_ph.jpg

That was really clever, no really, really it was. You see you said it was going to be pictures of Auburn's ribbon boards but then you posted pictures of a stadium where uat has yet to beat a team of any consequence. I mean really that's clever. quite witty you know.

Here are the ribbon board pics.

dsc01541vo6.jpg

dsc01545bi8.jpg

oops, here are the boards

http://image59.webshots.com/459/6/8/45/235...59VJLSOr_ph.jpg

Thanks for the pics of the new front to Jordan-Hare West. (Since we own it!) Any chance you can get inside and show us how Tommy Tuberville Field is looking? :big:

I was in the stadium yesterday working the scrimage and although the tiger strips/sound meter/advertisments are still up on the west side, they are removed on the east side and it looked like they were getting ready to put the ribbon boards up. There was a crew working on the west side and it looked like they were getting ready to take those off to.

Those ribbon scoreboards are going to be nice. UGA has them if I'm not mistaken and they look really nice. Also remember reading on this board that they were replacing the scoreboard in the endzone opposite the student section. Any news on that as well?

War Damn Eagle!!

I could CARE less IF someone USES all CAPS as LONG as THEY are POLITE. :)

This is a football forum not an English Literature forum.

If it irritates you then just don't read it and for sure don't raise it to a fight by correcting their style of writing.

AnYbOdY WaNt To TaLk AbOuT FoOtBaLl?

You obviously have never been informed off internet etiquette. Typing in all caps equals yelling at a person. So it is kind of hard to think a person is being polite by typing in all caps and then following it up with exclamation marks. Heck, that is even taught in high school and college beginner computer classes as something not to do. The thing is, doing it to emphasize a point is okay, but if you do it alot, then you are annoying. Two out of TBAG34's posts were in all caps. That is 1 out of every 3 posts for you mathematically impaired. :lol: In other words, he needs to learn to emphasize points of his post without using all caps, because it comes across and being an arrogant jackhole when you do it too much.

BTW...who is raising it to a fight by pointing that out to him? Also, when it is part of a thread, how are we not supposed to read it. It is kind of hard to ignore when it is right there, glaring you in the face.

Finally, I can't stand it when people type in uppercase and lowercase like your example. Will somebody please tell me what they heck the purpose of doing that is besides the fact that kids think it is "cool".

Here' are a couple of pictures of UA's ribbon boards (mainly of the west side ribbon board) from today's scrimmage and a few more pictures. Also there are now 3 jumbtrons...the old one is still in the south endzone:

dsc01609wo8.jpg

dsc01679mz7.jpg

dsc01572zc7.jpg

dsc01576dq5.jpg

dsc01571wz3.jpg

Those ribbon scoreboards are going to be nice. UGA has them if I'm not mistaken and they look really nice. Also remember reading on this board that they were replacing the scoreboard in the endzone opposite the student section. Any news on that as well?

War Damn Eagle!!

I believe they are replacing the north endzone board at least upgrading. The main scoreboard in the south endzone from what I understand is getting a facelift around it. Info from within athletic dept. The ribbon boards are for sure going in.

I was in the stadium yesterday working the scrimage and although the tiger strips/sound meter/advertisments are still up on the west side, they are removed on the east side and it looked like they were getting ready to put the ribbon boards up. There was a crew working on the west side and it looked like they were getting ready to take those off to.

I can't wait to see that starting line ups, stats, scores etc. on them. Of course all brought to you by the Birmingham News.

dsc01571wz3.jpg

This scoreboard looks like crap. Looks like something you might see at a "fancy" truckstop. I guess it will make the bammers feel at home though. :big:

Too bad the Bama fans that have to listen to the game on the radio don't have a fancy ribbon board like that to look at cause we all know Eli can't give a score and Snake is too drunk to tell you who is playing.

Archived