Anyone know about ribbon scoreboard?

TMAN34

I could CARE less IF someone USES all CAPS as LONG as THEY are POLITE. :)

No you couldn't! You couldn't care less!!! Couldn't!!! Sheesh, that's irritating! :big:

:au::homer:

This scoreboard looks like crap. Looks like something you might see at a "fancy" truckstop. I guess it will make the bammers feel at home though. :big:

Well, you must not like top of the line electronics. First thing, it's not a scoreboard, it's a jumbotron. There is a big difference between the two. These two new jumbotrons can display pretty much anything they want it to and was used to show live shots, graphics (such as this graphic you see in these pictures), and replays during the scrimmages along with video advertisments. The ProStar jumbotrons and ProAd ribbon boards, all made by Daktronics, can display 4.4 trillion colors and contain 2.3 million RGB LED's. Daktronics/UA press release "This installation will set a new standard for collegiate facilities, while providing Crimson Tide fans with the added advantage of entertainment and game information at an exceptional level.” Glen Marts, Daktronics Representative

No you couldn't! You couldn't care less!!! Couldn't!!! Sheesh, that's irritating! :big:

:au::homer:

While you are right--the correct phrase would be "couldn't care less"--it's surprizing how often the opposite, "could care less", is used:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...&thispage=2

"I could care less in terms of deciding who's going to play," [Coach Al] Borges said. "Scholarship guy. Non-scholarship guy. If you play well, you're going to play. I'm very clear on this, I made the statement after practice again today: `The best players are going to play, without anything else entering into it.'
:rolleyes::big:

This scoreboard looks like crap. Looks like something you might see at a "fancy" truckstop. I guess it will make the bammers feel at home though. :big:

Well, you must not like top of the line electronics. First thing, it's not a scoreboard, it's a jumbotron. There is a big difference between the two. These two new jumbotrons can display pretty much anything they want it to and was used to show live shots, graphics (such as this graphic you see in these pictures), and replays during the scrimmages along with video advertisments. The ProStar jumbotrons and ProAd ribbon boards, all made by Daktronics, can display 4.4 trillion colors and contain 2.3 million RGB LED's. Daktronics/UA press release "This installation will set a new standard for collegiate facilities, while providing Crimson Tide fans with the added advantage of entertainment and game information at an exceptional level.” Glen Marts, Daktronics Representative

I don't question the technology I question the presentation. The letters in Alabama at the top don't even look straight much less attractive. The housing looks like sheet metal spray painted red.

The ProStar jumbotrons and ProAd ribbon boards, all made by Daktronics, can display 4.4 trillion colors and contain 2.3 million RGB LED's. Daktronics/UA press release "This installation will set a new standard for collegiate facilities, while providing Crimson Tide fans with the added advantage of entertainment and game information at an exceptional level.” Glen Marts, Daktronics Representative

This was taken verbatim, from a sales pitch. which was given to the administration of UA and then regurgitated to the fan base via the media outlets for his/her enjoyment. which was most likely mass sent to all NFL and Collegiate teams with the cash to pony up for one. The technology no doubt is probably good quality but the looks lack desirability. If auburn put one up just like it (only for auburn) my sentiment would remain the same an tacky and unappealing to the eye.

This is a football forum not an English Literature forum.

If it irritates you then just don't read it and for sure don't raise it to a fight by correcting their style of writing.

AnYbOdY WaNt To TaLk AbOuT FoOtBaLl?

You obviously have never been informed off internet etiquette. Typing in all caps equals yelling at a person. So it is kind of hard to think a person is being polite by typing in all caps and then following it up with exclamation marks. Heck, that is even taught in high school and college beginner computer classes as something not to do. The thing is, doing it to emphasize a point is okay, but if you do it alot, then you are annoying. Two out of TBAG34's posts were in all caps. That is 1 out of every 3 posts for you mathematically impaired. :lol: In other words, he needs to learn to emphasize points of his post without using all caps, because it comes across and being an arrogant jackhole when you do it too much.

BTW...who is raising it to a fight by pointing that out to him? Also, when it is part of a thread, how are we not supposed to read it. It is kind of hard to ignore when it is right there, glaring you in the face.

Finally, I can't stand it when people type in uppercase and lowercase like your example. Will somebody please tell me what they heck the purpose of doing that is besides the fact that kids think it is "cool".

The purpose of my post was to point out that some people get too worked up over something that is really nothing. Gusss it worked.

Sorry to ruin your day. :rolleyes:

Archived