I'm so excited!

TigerMom

I have been an AU fan since I can remember. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve traveling to Auburn to go to a game in Jordan Hare Stadium with my father. All my cousins, aunts and uncles came to AU. My brother even attended. I didn't. Even though I went to a smaller Alabama school, I always loved Auburn and dreamed of being a real part of the university. Even my daughter graduated from AU in December. Well, finally that dream has come true. I am at Auburn in graduate school working on a PhD in Choral Music Education. I love it here! Even walking to the Haley Center from the C zone lots, I look up at the stadium and smile because I AM FINALLY HERE! I always was an AUburn fan - but it makes it that much more special to be an AUburn student! My Daddy is so proud that I too will be an Auburn University Graduate! War Eagle!

Welcome home B)

I always love walking to campus... with JHS right in the center of it all. Everytime I walk past that stadium I think about the great games that have been played there and how the crowd must've sounded outside the stadium.

Glad to see you are fulfilling a dream. Hope I can get to attend graduate school there myself in a few years, War Eagle!

That's great, hopefully, I too will be able to realize my dream of being an Auburn student after graduation this year(I got deferred, but I think I can pull off all A's this semester). Unfourtanely, I think we've lost a member of the Auburn family to UA. Yep, that's right, a girl that I have been talking to a lot at school during the past year, today told me that event after getting into Auburn back in July, she applied to Alabama to go to their music school.

Congrats! Also you make me very jealous. :lol:

After finish my bachelors in the engineering program at UAH, University of Alabama-Huntsville, I plan on working on my masters through Auburn. However, unlike your luck self, I will more then likely do it through distance education since Auburn's engineering department offers graduate programs that way. I will get to drive down to AU every now and then when necessary, but I will not get to live there like you.

I completely understand your dream of being a graduate and alumni there. I'll be 33 in a month and that is a dream I share also. Sure, I could make it easier on myself and get my masters at UAH also, but with the AU engineering department offering that through distance education, I can't pass up the chance to call myself a graduate and alumni of the university I have loved and supported ever since I could remember. My dad and brother are AU fans and I know they would be very proud to have an AU graduate in the family. I bet you can't wait to get finished so you can hang that degree on the wall, proudly displaying that it came from Auburn University! I know I can't.

I have been an AU fan since I can remember. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve traveling to Auburn to go to a game in Jordan Hare Stadium with my father. All my cousins, aunts and uncles came to AU. My brother even attended. I didn't. Even though I went to a smaller Alabama school, I always loved Auburn and dreamed of being a real part of the university. Even my daughter graduated from AU in December. Well, finally that dream has come true. I am at Auburn in graduate school working on a PhD in Choral Music Education. I love it here! Even walking to the Haley Center from the C zone lots, I look up at the stadium and smile because I AM FINALLY HERE! I always was an AUburn fan - but it makes it that much more special to be an AUburn student! My Daddy is so proud that I too will be an Auburn University Graduate! War Eagle!

Welcome aboard Lady!

Post often! Tell how life is going as you go through the classes.

Became an AU fan in '56 (I was 7). Went to my first AU game in '68. I have been in love with the place ever since. Never got to go to school there, as my Dad was a Bamar, but I love it none the less. Been a season ticket holder since the 80's. And my middle child (a daughter), for those of you who don't already know, will be cheering at halftime of the AU/Buffalo game, as co-captain of her Cleburne County High Cheerleading Squad. I am a proud Daddy. :)

:au::homer:

That's wonderful - I know you don't have to have gone to Auburn to be a fan, but it is a very special place. And thanks for the great comments. I really appreciate it.

Archived