New Scoreboard

autiger162005

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at the link to that picture and check out that guy's photo album.... he's a bama fan. It wouldn't suprise me if this was a work of photoshop.

Its the real scoreboard...I've been on rivals and on some other sites and unfornuately you'll learn to love it this year.....sorry to be bearer of bad news! :(

the good news is that the ribbon boards are at the stadium right now. If you walk past it behind the police station you can see the crates where they lie. Also the sod is all down on that side as well. It looks much better than in the past.

Old school :thumbsup: Very Very OLD school

Yes. Apart from the "Bamaham News" thing, I kind of like the old school scoreboard. I wish they still had the scoreboard that had the light-up noise meter around it.

Color me crazy if I'm wrong, but isn't that more or less the same score board minus the word crawler on top with more advertisements and now they can put the school names in lights instead of sliding in a sign?

Anyone have a before photo?

Be careful, bama will be copying it next thing you know. In case you don't, know this is not the main scoreboard. The Jumbotron at the other end is. And by the way it was the first Jumbotron in the state. And backward old Auburn's stadium had the first enclosed end zone, first upper deck, first skyboxes, etc., of any on campus stadium in the state.

I keep waiting to see Dumbo fly over BD stadium before a game.

Can someone fill me in on what these "ribbon boards" are? I have heard that we are getting those things like at UGAY and Turner Field that wrap around the front of the upper deck... and then i have heard other things about some other kind of screen. ribbon board is just a term i have never heard before.

It's photoshopped. Look at the lighting. Inadequate.

its not photoshopped...saw the same picture on rivals.com(auburnsports.com)

here it is from rivals....right click and hit properties

F199923.jpg

Can someone fill me in on what these "ribbon boards" are? I have heard that we are getting those things like at UGAY and Turner Field that wrap around the front of the upper deck... and then i have heard other things about some other kind of screen. ribbon board is just a term i have never heard before.

Like this is going to help any, but I assume they are like those used in NHL rinks around the front of the upper decks and are used to display various information and to display the word defense in bright and/or annoying colors and whatnot. I don't know how fancy the ones we're getting are.

See below for crappy example...

030400scoreboard.jpg

And just to use the other picture I found when I googled ribbon scoreboard in the image section...

DSC00310.JPG

Be careful, bama will be copying it next thing you know. In case you don't, know this is not the main scoreboard. The Jumbotron at the other end is. And by the way it was the first Jumbotron in the state. And backward old Auburn's stadium had the first enclosed end zone, first upper deck, first skyboxes, etc., of any on campus stadium in the state.

I keep waiting to see Dumbo fly over BD stadium before a game.

Sure, B) it's in the works now!! It would be a waste considering, that scoreboard could be taken from just about any highschool stadium in America. ;)

So, when is Auburn planning on expanding their stadium? I didn't know ribbon boards were going to be put up in JHD.

It's photoshopped. Look at the lighting. Inadequate.

its not photoshopped...saw the same picture on rivals.com(auburnsports.com)

here it is from rivals....right click and hit properties

F199923.jpg

Another sign Auburn is the top program,The Birmingham News wants to seem to be

associated with the Tigers.

Wish it wasn't on the board though.

That's awful. Sorry, but Bamaham News and 200 other advertisements? What's the point?

To spur Auburn fans to get a better one. Everyone will hate it and the big money

will show up to replace it.

That new scoreboard is dissapointing. The athletic department should just referbish the old scoreboard and leave it up. Who knows, maybe when I see it on gameday with the surroundings it will look better.

If I had to guess this is just a temporary scoreboard. How long is temporary is the question. If Auburn ever attempts any kind of expansion in the near or distant future then it will be at that end. So from that perspective there is no sense in adding a megatron scoreboard if you want to expand that end in the future. Thats why the really large scoreboard with murals is at the other end(don't think that is in the works because the AD has to fund a new bball arena of some sort). This scoreboard also could be a precursor to something big. Jay Jacobs said the school looked into the jumbotron thing and realized they needed a little more time to do it right and it could not be squeezed into this years projects. Maybe this board is temporary or maybe a Jumbotron and more bells/whistles will be added after the season. Jacobs has addressed the need for another jumbotron.

Archived