New Scoreboard

autiger162005

I wish they would enclose the damn endzone so us po' folks can move up the food chain and get scholarship seating! As for the scoreboard, its better than what we had (except for the bamaham news ad), but still, it is disappointing. My guess is we probably spent $5 to $10 million on something to be used as an excuse when the masses start begging to enclose Jordan-Hare again (ie, the Trustess :puke: might say, "We cant enclose because we just over spent our budget on a new score board that everyone will have to squint to see. We can't afford it right now! We only have $50 Billion in the bank right now and if we go below this amount, I don't know how AU will survive! Could the alumini please make some more donations! :poke: ). :roflol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, when is Auburn planning on expanding their stadium? I didn't know ribbon boards were going to be put up in JHD.

As soon as we finish the current expansion at JH-West :poke:

Old school :thumbsup: Very Very OLD school

Be careful, bama will be copying it next thing you know. In case you don't, know this is not the main scoreboard. The Jumbotron at the other end is. And by the way it was the first Jumbotron in the state. And backward old Auburn's stadium had the first enclosed end zone, first upper deck, first skyboxes, etc., of any on campus stadium in the state.

I keep waiting to see Dumbo fly over BD stadium before a game.

I guess we'll have to settle for having a 92,000+ seat stadium. The FIRST to have ribbon boards. The FIRST to have THREE jumbotrons. etc :poke:

Be careful, bama will be copying it next thing you know. In case you don't, know this is not the main scoreboard. The Jumbotron at the other end is. And by the way it was the first Jumbotron in the state. And backward old Auburn's stadium had the first enclosed end zone, first upper deck, first skyboxes, etc., of any on campus stadium in the state.

I guess we'll have to settle for having a 92,000+ seat stadium. The FIRST to have ribbon boards. The FIRST to have THREE jumbotrons. etc :poke:

they need two more jumbos, one for each finger

By first to have ribbon boards you mean yours were installed before ours. Kinda pointless, We will have our ribbon boards on Sept 2. as will you. What's the difference?

Lets hope the scorebaord is just temporary till we can get the new jumbotron work done. I am told we could not get the counterweight work done in time to put up a new Jumbotron.

Anyway, the Bham News part must be animated. Does it just flip? or what? Anyone know?

I suspect it is a one year job at best...

Lets hope the scorebaord is just temporary till we can get the new jumbotron work done. I am told we could not get the counterweight work done in time to put up a new Jumbotron.

Anyway, the Bham News part must be animated. Does it just flip? or what? Anyone know?

It can flip. Don't whether they will use it like that but it can flip. Hopefully this is just a quick fix until next year when we have the funds to put in a new huge jumbotron.

I hope this is just a temp thing, that scoreboard is awful. It would be nice to see the endzone enclosed that many have been clamoring about for years. If we do enclose the endzone why not move all visitors up to the decks.

I guess we'll have to settle for having a 92,000+ seat stadium. The FIRST to have ribbon boards. The FIRST to have THREE jumbotrons. etc

Yeah after having the second rate stadium / campus for many years and knowing Auburn was planning to do staged upgrades and improvement which would put you even more in the shadows. A quick stadium upgrade was in order, I mean 2 more tv's is something to marvel at, now no matter where you go in BD you can still the thumb coming in November. Does it help to take away the sting from four in a row? BG is BD going to have a nice gold plaque commemorating 3 tv's and few new sits.

Yeah after having the second rate stadium / campus for many years and knowing Auburn was planning to do staged upgrades and improvement which would put you even more in the shadows. A quick stadium upgrade was in order, I mean 2 more tv's is something to marvel at, now no matter where you go in BD you can still the thumb coming in November. Does it help to take away the sting from four in a row? BG is BD going to have a nice gold plaque commemorating 3 tv's and few new sits.

Its not just the jumbotrons...its a 9,000 seat addition. Its a skybox addition, its the "Zone" club area, its a recruiting room, a bad ass room for the media, a locker room that is bested by none. You can poo poo it all you want like Galen...but everyone outside of Opelika is impressed.

Do the link

http://albums.photoshow.net/Show?id=676256-idrxvjan

Its not just the jumbotrons...its a 9,000 seat addition. Its a skybox addition, its the "Zone" club area, its a recruiting room, a bad ass room for the media, a locker room that is bested by none. You can poo poo it all you want like Galen...but everyone outside of Opelika is impressed.

Do the link

so uat finally has caught up with the big boys. Just think, you have Auburn to thank. So when you look at

all the new gigs realize if Auburn hadn't moved the game home you would still be making that fun trip

to Legion Field and soaking up that great tradizhon.

Do the link

My God. I haven't seen that much red carpet since a Portuguese cathouse. Wait a minute....The general contractor is Hoar. Hmmmm.

Not to picky but both Bama and Auburn put Jumbotrons up the same year. Also, you may have enclosed one of your endzones first but Bama had both enclosed before Auburn did. Okay, I'm tired of stadium/scoreboard/ribbon board smack. Is it time for some football???

Do the link

It has a mere 4,500 more that AU for the moment, Uh new locker rooms for Auburn in 2001, also in 2001 a NEW Tiger walk Plaza, JHS recruiting room which is state of the art, which we use as a media room also built in 2001.

Ok so lets rehash this

seating it took you guys 9000 seat addition to best Auburn by 4,500 not a big difference now if UA went to 102,00 I could see.

sky boxes, we have those and had them first.

new locker room, got new ones in 2001

recruiting / media room, built a new one in 2001

you have "club zone" we have tiger walk plaza different so 1 point for each school.

So AGAIN BG congrats on catching up with Auburn. Oh and I am in Pensacola which is not Opelika, if you need to reference a map, I am still not very impressed that it took Alabama this long to catch up.

These are NEW skyboxes. We've had skyboxes for years. Had more than AU BEFORE this rennovation.

This isnt our first locker room rennovation...just our latest.

ditto for this

you have "club zone" we have tiger walk plaza different so 1 point for each school.

Tiger Walk Plaza is an enclosed courtyard. We have the courtyard leading up to the stadium with the statues and plaques. But AU has nothing compared to this:

DSC_2286.JPG?id=676256-idrxvjan

And finally,... and the first stadium where Auburn will whip your @$$ for the 5th straight year and 4th straight time in your stadium! That's right,... we can still hold up four fingers this year!

Crow all you want about your new digs, BG. None of us are very impressed. Deal with it.

We still have more gametime atmosphere in Jordan Hare than Bryant-Denny will EVER have.

Checkmate!!!

Do the link

It has a mere 4,500 more that AU for the moment, Uh new locker rooms for Auburn in 2001, also in 2001 a NEW Tiger walk Plaza, JHS recruiting room which is state of the art, which we use as a media room also built in 2001.

Ok so lets rehash this

seating it took you guys 9000 seat addition to best Auburn by 4,500 not a big difference now if UA went to 102,00 I could see.

So AGAIN BG congrats on catching up with Auburn. Oh and I am in Pensacola which is not Opelika, if you need to reference a map, I am still not very impressed that it took Alabama this long to catch up.

Yeah come on Draven I mean they've got this....I dont think we have anything that cool....

DSC_2263.JPG

Seriously, Do you get a free bowl of soup with that hat....It looks good on you though!

Great saying to cast forever in bronze....mwhahahhahahahhaha!

But AU has nothing compared to this:

DSC_2286.JPG?id=676256-idrxvjan

We have big open hallways. honestly what is this and where is it at?

Do the link

It's nice. But that's it, nice. I do like the way that UAT COPIED Auburn's locker room with the "A" in a circle on the floor, mirrored by the symbol on the ceiling. Who had that FIRST!? We did of course, with an AU logo. Who do the graves belong to in the pictures? I saw the tombstones. Will past "hero's" be dug up and run the game ball out this year?

Yeah come on Draven I mean they've got this....I dont think we having that cool....

DSC_2263.JPG

Seriously, Do you get a free bowl of soup with that hat....It looks good on you though!

Great saying to cast forever in bronze....mwhahahhahahahhaha!

Very true I have yet to see a bronze picture of the bahr anywhere in Auburn. . . not that I was looking.

Very true I have yet to see a bronze picture of the bahr anywhere in Auburn. . . not that I was looking.

No, but you do have the great Terry Bowden in a mural on the side of JHS...NICE. Forever captured on the walls of JHS...the greatness that is buster brown.

No, but you do have the great Terry Bowden in a mural on the side of JHS...NICE. Forever captured on the walls of JHS...the greatness that is buster brown.

Very true a snafu on Auburn’s part, but at least that’s better than having a display of bronze statues of great coaches that could very easily be called Pioneers of cheating, where paying players all began.

It's called "undefeated season."

Looks like BG is projecting his fear of the thumb into a contest about ribbon boards and Bahr plaques. How does it feel when your tradishun is reduced to who has the best skyboxes, since you can't win on the field?

Archived