New Scoreboard

autiger162005

Looks like BG is projecting his fear of the thumb into a contest about ribbon boards and Bahr plaques. How does it feel when your tradishun is reduced to who has the best skyboxes, since you can't win on the field?

10-2 Baby...10-2

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure which is funnier you guys getting in a pissing contest of which stadium had what first, or the guy with the Hawaii mascot in there sig...

I would say your inability to know the difference between "there" and their. Let me guess.....You "didn't git no learnin at the crapstone" did you?

Hawaiian mascot by far.

Let’s get real though, you can have the nicest stadium in the world but that means nothing unless you have a rabid fan base in the stands and a kickass coaching staff and team. I would argue that Arkansas has one of the nicest stadiums in the country, but so far it’s helped them achieve a consistent mediocrity. LSU’s stadium (though it has had some work done) isn’t the prettiest in the world, but man, the fans make that stadium a hard place to play at…..and it seems it hasn’t hurt them in the recruiting wars either.

Let's try all this in a different way. BG.....can you tell us what about BD stadium you guys did FIRST and didn't do just to make it better than Jordan-Hare ( in other words catching up)?

this is the dumbest thread ever. They have a nice stadium with some good upgrades. we have a nice stadium with good upgrades and more coming in the years ahead. who freakin cares. we're arguing about who has the better stadium now? whats up with that. lets just wait till november and settle it on the field.

Amen Hansel

I can't believe I just wasted 5 min. of my life reading this thread. So what if Bama built 9,000 more seats to mimic Florida Field's end zone. That just means there will be more Iron Bowl tickets available every other year. They can't beat us in football anymore so this is ALL they have.

Amen Hansel

I can't believe I just wasted 5 min. of my life reading this thread. So what if Bama built 9,000 more seats to mimic Florida Field's end zone. That just means there will be more Iron Bowl tickets available every other year. They can't beat us in football anymore so this is ALL they have.

not all of your 5 mins was wasted my post was funny!

Amen Hansel

not all of your 5 mins was wasted my post was funny!

What is bad is how BG totally hi-jacked this thread about how bad the new scoreboard is and turned it into a "We beat you with ribbon boards but not on the field" thread.

I'm not sure which is funnier you guys getting in a pissing contest of which stadium had what first, or the guy with the Hawaii mascot in there sig...

I would say your inability to know the difference between "there" and their. Let me guess.....You "didn't git no learnin at the crapstone" did you?

Actualy it should be his/her instead of their, if we are going for completly correct grammar.

What is bad is how BG totally hi-jacked this thread about how bad the new scoreboard is and turned it into a "We beat you with ribbon boards but not on the field" thread.

I didnt hijack. I responded to a post that was in error.

Please indicate the post you refer to and what was wrong in it.

Old school :thumbsup: Very Very OLD school

Be careful, bama will be copying it next thing you know. In case you don't, know this is not the main scoreboard. The Jumbotron at the other end is. And by the way it was the first Jumbotron in the state. And backward old Auburn's stadium had the first enclosed end zone, first upper deck, first skyboxes, etc., of any on campus stadium in the state.

I keep waiting to see Dumbo fly over BD stadium before a game.

I guess we'll have to settle for having a 92,000+ seat stadium. The FIRST to have ribbon boards. The FIRST to have THREE jumbotrons. etc :poke:

And finally,... and the first stadium where Auburn will whip your @$$ for the 5th straight year and 4th straight time in your stadium! That's right,... we can still hold up four fingers this year!

Auburn has previously defeated UA five straight years in Tuscaloosa:

1. 1895 48 0

2. 1901 17 0

3. 2000 9 0

4. 2002 17 7

5. 2004 21 13

This year will be six in a row.

sky boxes, we have those and had them first.

These are NEW skyboxes. We've had skyboxes for years. Had more than AU BEFORE this rennovation.

new locker room, got new ones in 2001

This isnt our first locker room rennovation...just our latest.

recruiting / media room, built a new one in 2001

ditto for this

you have "club zone" we have tiger walk plaza different so 1 point for each school.

Tiger Walk Plaza is an enclosed courtyard. We have the courtyard leading up to the stadium with the statues and plaques. But AU has nothing compared to this:

DSC_2286.JPG?id=676256-idrxvjan

For ONCE, you are correct. Very nice dark pink DUST PAN ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol::poke:

But AU has nothing compared to this:

DSC_2286.JPG?id=676256-idrxvjan

We have big open hallways. honestly what is this and where is it at?

An eighteen wheeler pulled up just outside here this morning with a trailer load of urinals. This is the men's restroom complete with windows to enhance their viewing pleasure while looking at the statutes in the court yard.

I'll go ahead and say that right now Bryant Denny is the better looking stadium, but one thing i notice about Bryant-Denny is its shape, its made in the shape of a bowl almost, that is well known to be bad for comfortable seating (people who have been to Neyland stadium will agree) and also bad for keeping the sound on the field, maybe thats why their record there in the past 5-10 years has not been all that impressive.

BG, an honest question...

As someone who lives in Tuscaloosa and drives by BDS almost every day, can you explain something to me? The new brickwork on the enclosed endozone side and the plaza look very nice (especially at night), but what is with the way they enclosed the endzone? What I mean is why does the upper deck over the endzone not meet with the other upper decks, and more than that, why is it larger than the other decks? I think it is also a different shape...the east and west upper decks have their nice continuing curve shape, while the endzone is squared off. It just doesn't seem to fit to me, it almost looks like it was designed for another stadium, and to me it seems to be about 11/10s scale compared to the rest of BDS. Very disturbing to me, and I think it detracts from the overall appearance, especially once I noticed it. Now its all I see.

No flame intended, just an honest question to see if you or any other UA fans knew anything about why it was designed that way.

Trey

Edit: Here is a picture from the photo album you posted to see what I mean.

http://images.ourpictures.com/pics/53e0607...676256-idrxvjan

Trey,

They had to do that because one side of BDS is a fraction lower than the other. So it wouldnt be structurally sound had they tried to make both sides meet.

The original intent was to make it one curve like OSU, but when they began work on doing the designs, they noticed that it wasnt feasible.

I agree, it would have looked nicer, but ill take it the way it is.

this is the dumbest thread ever. They have a nice stadium with some good upgrades. we have a nice stadium with good upgrades and more coming in the years ahead. who freakin cares. we're arguing about who has the better stadium now? whats up with that. lets just wait till november and settle it on the field.

I agree but relax man its still the off season, and its fun to deal BG a little grief.

Please indicate the post you refer to and what was wrong in it.

BG.....still waiting on your response.

First skyboxes and first jumbotron was incorrect.

Unless you consider us being first to ribbon boards being correct as we had the jumbotron the same year as AU.

Basically i was trying to show that I didnt hijack...merely responded to your post.

Archived