One of my favorite

R.E.M. - Don't Go Back To Rockville

This around the same time I saw them in Alanta.

Wow, what year was this ? Early 90's ? Bill Berry's still w/ the band , so it couldn't be much later. He left in '97, I thought. Don't recall the last time I saw Michael w/ that hair style.....or having any hair at all.

I still have a video ( i think ) of an MTV documentary on REM which was awesome. Lots of real early stuff, good interviews. One segment the members of the band were sitting around musing about their future. Michael, I think, said would like to stay together until the millennium, and then go their seperate ways.

REM still has one of the most unique sounds of any band I've heard. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

10-2-1985 Rockpalast

I was visiting Atlanta (1985) with my suite mate from college. He's works for his father's company - Blastec

His sister was a REM groupee and went to every R.E.M. concert.

I talked to him last week.

http://www.blastec.com/

Wow. That truly was back in THE day.

Funny, I didn't figure one who sounds so old and crotchety as you to be an REM fan. Learn somethin new every day. :poke:

I was young at one time, I guess. Years of hardwork, and the bitterness of getting screwed, tend to spoil the fruits of the spirit. Got a few friends though. Yea, that same year I saw Auburn, with Bo Jackson in Tuscaloser, play against that other team (my sis was an Auburn student at the time and she got hold of a redshirt's tickets). Auburn lost, but what a year. I got out of the Army June that year, went to college in the fall. I loved that REM, they were young and exciting. Went to Confetti's and some other joint while in Atlanta, GA. It was much different back then; the town where Blastec is was country farmland in 1985.

Yea, that same year I saw Auburn, with Bo Jackson in Tuscaloser, play against that other team (my sis was an Auburn student at the time and she got hold of some redshirt's tickets).

If it was 85, you saw them play in Birmingham, not Tuscaloosa...and you witnessed one of the greatest Iron Bowls ever...regardless of which side you were pulling for.

I thought we were in T-town , but your right it was Legion Field, Birmingham. I was there, 1985. My first and only Iron Bowl. I thought it was Tuscalooser, but, that was an Alabama game I had went to while in High School. I was at the 1985 IB. Me, my sister, my brother and mother all went. I had to call my sis and double check.

http://media.bmgonline.com/rcarecords.com/...ore_days_64.qtl

http://www.raylamontagne.com/listen.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YtVDOPlcw

Heh. I was at the '85 IB as well. I was sitting in the endzone where the fg went through. :puke: It was my first of a good many more IB games. Saw some bammer fan ( clearly never attended UAT ) all scruffed up like he had gotten into a fight. Of course, his young son was with him at the time...which made it all the more pathetic. But yeah, I don't think AU played in Tuscaloser until the '00 game.

Those damn bammers.

My sister told me yesterday that she went to the 1989 IB, and that was at Auburn.

The 1989 Iron Bowl is etched forever into the hearts of the Auburn faithful. Auburn beat Alabama 30-20, but there was something even more significant about that game than the final score. What was it?

It was the first time Alabama had ever come to play at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The series had been played for years at Legion Field in Birmingham, AL. Early on, however, it had been played in Tuscaloosa and in Montgomery, so it was not the first to be played outside Birmingham

My sister told me yesterday that she went to the 1989 IB, and that was at Auburn.

Yep, was at that one as well. FAR better game, by all accounts. :D

Archived