Carnell????

aubie123

Gruden has stated that he knows what Carnell is about and that he will not play in the preseason. However, I would be surprised if he doesnt play a few series in the 4th game, but then one can consider what happened to Portis.

Gruden has stated that he knows what Carnell is about and that he will not play in the preseason. However, I would be surprised if he doesnt play a few series in the 4th game, but then one can consider what happened to Portis.

Basically what he said. To add a little more...Gruden has alot of depth and youth in the backfield. He knows his #1 man is Caddy, but he wants to get a better look at his backup to see what they have and also to see if one of the other guys may be a better fit for a particular down situation then Caddy. So don't fear, they are just resting and protecting him from an uncessary preseason injury.

I think its smart when you see what happened to Portis. It makes no sence to get your star players hurt when the games dont count, The preseason is for the rookies and free agents to earn a spot!

Archived