an AU advantage???

TMAN34

Can someone please tell me why tubs wants this :lsu: game to be a day game? I understand CBS has some say so...but it seems as though we rarely have night games at home...whereas teams like LSU seem to always have night game...even for the weak opponents. I thought night games would give the crowds enough time to get pumped!?!?!

Can someone please tell me why tubs wants this :lsu: game to be a day game? I understand CBS has some say so...but it seems as though we rarely have night games at home...whereas teams like LSU seem to always have night game...even for the weak opponents. I thought night games would give the crowds enough time to get pumped!?!?!

This is normally true...but how come our non televised games aren't night games?...and why would :uf::ut: game get priority for a night game over the :lsu::au: game which is the premier match up in the nation

This is normally true...but how come our non televised games aren't night games?...and why would :uf::ut: game get priority for a night game over the :lsu::au: game which is the premier match up in the nation

That's why it is on in the day it is the premier game which is CBS

I think tubs likes day games because night games are harder on the players. They go all day and they can't really have dinner and they are all antsy about the game

I think tubs likes day games because night games are harder on the players. They go all day and they can't really have dinner and they are all antsy about the game

Auburn vs. LSU during daylight hours generally = AU win.

Simple math.

I love night games. Football is meant to be played outdoors and at night. Now, I don't mind a day game here and there, but a huge day game just doesn't have the same appeal when played during the day. I always wondered why Auburn doesn't push for more night games. I can deal with CBS because they offer very good coverage and the announcers are excellent. But, ESPN at 6:45 primetime is still where it's at. I really miss Gottfried and Franklin together. They were the best.

I love night games. Football is meant to be played outdoors and at night. Now, I don't mind a day game here and there, but a huge day game just doesn't have the same appeal when played during the day. I always wondered why Auburn doesn't push for more night games. I can deal with CBS because they offer very good coverage and the announcers are excellent. But, ESPN at 6:45 primetime is still where it's at. I really miss Gottfried and Franklin together. They were the best.

Disagree. High school football is meant to be played at night. College football is meant to be played during the day. Day games are the best.

Frankin and Gottfried? :puke:

I am going to have to go with night games on this debate. To me, there is just something about Jordan-Hare rockin' under the lights. I absolutely hate the 11:30 games.

Guys, bottom line is that CTT knows what is best for the players. So, instead of questioning it, we should be happy with that simple fact.

Like somebody said, generally night game is not a good on the players mentally and physically as a day game. The only good thing a night game has over a day game this time of year is that the night game is usually a little cooler for the players. Sometimes, as far as mentally preparing for the game, it is better to not have to wait all day to think about the game.

I like night games but then I usually stay over rather than driving all the way home to Huntsville. Most Auburn fans prefer day games so they can get home at a decent hour.

In LSU's case, the coonasses love night games so why accomodate them?

Guys, bottom line is that CTT knows what is best for the players. So, instead of questioning it, we should be happy with that simple fact.

Like somebody said, generally night game is not a good on the players mentally and physically as a day game. The only good thing a night game has over a day game this time of year is that the night game is usually a little cooler for the players. Sometimes, as far as mentally preparing for the game, it is better to not have to wait all day to think about the game.

Not questioning CTT here, just sayin' if I had it my way we would play all big home games at night. I don't have it my way so just as long as they play... :au:

I like night games too because the atmosphere is crazy. plus, I get a chance to watch the other games when we're tailgating. I hate 11:30 games.

I like night games but then I usually stay over rather than driving all the way home to Huntsville. Most Auburn fans prefer day games so they can get home at a decent hour.

In LSU's case, the coonasses love night games so why accomodate them?

There was a time when Auburn would play some of their non televised games at night. I seem to remember a few years back there was a push by the athletic administration to have those games during the day time. They felt that earlier game times were more travel friendly for fans.

Split the difference....

There's nothing better than afternoon games. As the fourth quarter rolls past, and the orange sunset colors one half the sky, the other half already fading towards night, shaded a rich navy blue.......

Nothin better than the clock rolling down to triple zeros on an AU win under God's personal shaker. ;)

It seems like most of our wins over LSU have been day games, and the losses have been mostly night games.

Bingo. So why play them at night?

$$$$$$$$$$! And so CBS can put both games on in one day!

PS, Auburn is still thought of as the step child!

I AGREE WITH YOU TF. THEY WERE MY FAVORITE TOO. BOB DAVIES JUST DOESN'T DO IT FOR ME. :(

now you know why i absolutely hate CBS. they always do this crap to us.

ESPN = good.

CBS = bad.

exactly, how many times will you hear their stupid theme music before each and

every 10,000 commercials. Momentum killers should be the cbs motto.

$$$$$$$$$$! And so CBS can put both games on in one day!

PS, Auburn is still thought of as the step child!

big negative on that, uat is the official step child, and red headed to boot.

Archived