Since we are closer and closer to the season...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

...here are a few simple reminders to make your AUNation experience more enjoyable.

1. Before you post a new topic, please at least search through the past 24 hours worth of topics and make sure you aren't repeating someone's post. If it's off the first 50 topics on the forum, we'll forgive a repost. It might still get merged, but I won't make fun of you. If that wide receiver from Pleasnt Home committed three hours ago, someone has probably posted it. If you just found the neatest thing on the internet, chances are that DKW found it three hours ago. It helps keep the board "uncluttered". Remember, it is always better to post in an existing thread.

2. Don't jump my case if I don't vote for Aubie, the Auburn cheerleader on Athlon's, the Auburn-Alabama rivalry as the best in the nation or any other internet poll. If you choose to do so, more power to you. 99.99% of internet polls are nothing more than gimmicks to drive traffic to a website. I will, however, be glad to write an email or two for a good cause.

3. If the uniforms change (even a color change for jerseys), it isn't the end of the world. But many of us are against it. You'll never convince us, we'll never convince you. Feel free to start a topic on said subject, but be prepared for the wrath.

4. When (if) Auburn loses a game this season, act like adults. No one hates it more than the coaches and players. None of them suck. Remember, you are not your football team. Enjoy the season for whatever it turns out to be.

5. The corndog taunt is lame. Most people around here like it, so I am a minority. I just like to throw that in the mix.

6. The University of Alabama is not just "'Bama". When referring to the team or the school, use "Alabama". Why? Well, besides reinforcing a stereotype of ignorant redneck hicks that can't speak in words over two syllables, the word "Bama" does not include the letter "L", which you cannot spell "Alabama" or "Loser" without.

7. I don't care if you wear orange, navy, white or purple to an Auburn game. However, if you are over 15 and wear a jersey, even if it was worn by Dowe Aughtman during a game with Nebraska, I will rib you a little, even in the face of having a beverage poured over my head (I'd ready for ya, Titan!)

8. Finebaum, like this message board, is entertainment. If you get bent out of shape by listening or reading, feel free to get Sirius satellite radio and a subscription to USA Today.

9. All Alabama fans are not bad people. All LSU fans are not drunks. All Georgia fans are not obnoxious. All Tennessee fans are not hillbillies. There are some good rival fans that post on this site. But there are stereotypes for a reason.

10. I hate Alabama and I want you to hate them , too.

Would it be ok if I email you all of my posts before I submit them here? I want to know if they meet your high standards so that I don't embarass myself.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Would it be ok if I email you all of my posts before I submit them here? I want to know if they meet your high standards so that I don't embarass myself.

Too PorkPhat-ish?

Too PorkPhat-ish?

Not at all, Kneal. :poke:

Admodistrate away, Mr. Makris.

Guest Tigrinum Major

There were no threats to ban anyone for simple gags and misunderstandings.

Just a promise of ridicule and embarassment.

There were no threats to ban anyone for simple gags and misunderstandings.

Just a promise of ridicule and embarassment.

Ooooooooohweeeee...

One banning gets you pretty sensitive.

No worries, I thought they were all pretty good suggestions, just ribbing you a little.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ooooooooohweeeee...

No worries, I thought they were all pretty good suggestions, just ribbing you a little.

Just for the record, I have been banned at crappier places than that.

You should have included an Afro smilie or two to convey your intentions.

No worries about anything you said either.

We gotta get together for a beer at the LSU game.

Didn't you have a "Post something other than :cheer::thumbsup::big: in your replies" in this dictum or was that something else I read. I'm old and I forget sometimes.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Didn't you have a "Post something other than :cheer::thumbsup::big: in your replies" in this dictum or was that something else I read. I'm old and I forget sometimes.

I'm softening my stance on smilies. I do prefer a post have something of substance or something to make me laugh.

Obscure references to songs and movies are always good.

Ooooooooohweeeee...

Just for the record, I have been banned at crappier places than that.

You should have included an Afro smilie or two to convey your intentions.

No worries about anything you said either.

We gotta get together for a beer at the LSU game.

Two things:

1) Don't make me use the ghey "sarcasm" tag.

2) I probably won't be at the LSU game. :(

I'm softening my stance on smilies. I do prefer a post have something of substance or something to make me laugh.

If you like Pina Colada's, and getting caught in the rain!!!

If you like Pina Colada's, and getting caught in the rain!!!

If you're not into health food, if you have half a brain.

Oh yeah Tigrinum well..I don't want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Too PorkPhat-ish?

More HiM-ish.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Too PorkPhat-ish?

More HiM-ish.

You wound me.

Archived