Making the trip to Columbia

lukeduke

I saw Tigerfan55's post and it reminded me that I still need a hotel for Columbia. Can anyone recommend something? I would prefer something nice and close to the stadium, but will take nice over close to the stadium any day.

Guest Tigrinum Major

There is a Holiday Inn in downtown Columbia where I always stay in Columbia. It is right across the street from campus, but a bit of a hike from teh stadium (a mile or so?)

No clue about availibility.

You may wind up staying in Florence or at Pedro's South of the Border.

Plenty of rooms in Columbia. I booked one for my father just a couple of days ago. You will not get anything close to the stadium unless you are willing to sleep in the goat exibit at the county fair right across the street. Be prepared to jump through the petting zoo to get to the stadium.

heard good things about games in Columbia, nice city, lot of places to

celebrate, very active tailgating. That will be a good game.

I have a sister that lives in Lexington SC, I am staying with her.

Hey my youngest daughter lives in Lexington. She has four kids so we aren't crowing up on them. We will stay at the Hampton Inn in Lexington. It's nice, reasonable, and a short drive into Columbia and the stadium.

We are also going to drive on down to Charleston while we are that close and spend a couple of days before driving back to Huntsville. I love Charleston. The College of Charleston and The Citadel are pretty places.

Columbia is OK but no big deal to me. Everybody talks about the stadium being pretty. The stadium itself is nice but it's out in the middle of an open area adjacent to the fairgrounds. The setting in nothing to write home about.

My little sis is giving me a real hard time because they have been there about 6 months and I have not visited yet. She said it takes a AU game to get me to visit. lol

My little sis is giving me a real hard time because they have been there about 6 months and I have not visited yet. She said it takes a AU game to get me to visit. lol

Glad to see you have your priorities straight :P

I was able to book a room at the Days Inn on Garner's Ferry Road. If anyone is familiar with the area, can you let me know if this is in the ghetto or not. Since it's one of the few rooms left, I'll take it anyway, I just want to make sure I have enough crack rocks to handle any requests that come to the door.

Archived