Fannin moving to WR

wardamneagle

Great move! :) The log jam at RB basically buried him on the depth chart. He will be able to make an immediate impact at the WR position. Our WR's are young and have a TON of talent. Mark my words, WR will be a real strength for this team by mid-season. :big:

I think you're right. I was thinking the same thing myself. Mario is much more likely to see the field more quickly as a WR, and I think could be a playmaker there. If there's one thing I know about CTT and position changes, it's to not question him...Dansby, Torbor, Herring (hopefully!)...

I think you're right. I was thinking the same thing myself. Mario is much more likely to see the field more quickly as a WR, and I think could be a playmaker there. If there's one thing I know about CTT and position changes, it's to not question him...Dansby, Torbor, Herring (hopefully!)...

Mark my words Herring will be a much better LB than he was a DB!

EXCELLENT move! Fannin needs to be on the field - and with the lack of depth at WR I think this will be a great move. Irons/Stewart/Lester/Tate at RB will prevent playing time for anyone else. Taylor/Smith/??? at WR, this is a definite oppurtunity for Fannin to get in there early. I'm VERY VERY excited about the Offense.

Not to change subjects - but the only position I'm VERY nervous about is the LB. We were small and short on depth already before the injuries. It looks as if we may be playing TRUE Freshman at this position. And if that is the case we are in trouble. PERIOD...

Don't forget about Jay Ratliff as well. Started as a TE, moved to DE, moved to DT, had a great senior season, and now has moved back to DE for the Cowboys and is challenging for a starting role. Ben Grubbs started out a DE, moved to TE and is now All-SEC at G... amazing really.

He can make a move at WR I suppose - but still a lot of WRs ahead of him. I don't know anything about the guy, but with all those underclassmen - it'll still be tough for him to move up.

Mario will defaintly redshirt and be with the scout team a year before he gets to help the team on the feild.

WDE

Archived