You got 5 months to get into shape

Bottomfeeder

What happened to all of those recruits they said to have acquired? Heck, the draft will be coming before long. The warfare state continues to ruin lives here and abroad.

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Marine Corps said Tuesday it has been authorized to recall thousands of Marines to active duty, primarily because of a shortage of volunteers for duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Up to 2,500 Marines will be brought back at any one time, but there is no cap on the total number of Marines who may be forced back into service in the coming years as the military battles the war on terror. The call-ups will begin in the next several months.

This is the first time the Marines have had to use the involuntary recall since the early days of the Iraq combat. The Army has ordered back about 14,000 soldiers since the start of the war.

Linkage

Unreal, I mean, Un####real.

We'll see. I would not like to see the draft reinstated, but if they lower the quota for recruiters and still have to call back soldiers, then something's amiss. When the media comes out with this kind of stuff, I stop and take notice because propaganda has way of changing public sentiment concerning current policy. If you say something enough times people will begin to accept it as truth and reality, regardless.

MSNBC has a comments section where they pose the question "do we need to reinstate the draft?"

http://boards.live.com/MSNBCboards/thread....?ThreadID=58949

They have a comments section where they pose the question "do we need to reinstate the draft?"

http://boards.live.com/MSNBCboards/thread....?ThreadID=58949

I'm not going to read it and I don't have to. People can argue for and against a draft till they're blue in the face but when it's all said and done there will still be NO draft. Do I think there should be one? Yep. But not for reasons concerning the war and the need for more troops. Why don't I think there will be a draft? Because our military is set up to handle only a voluntary force where people will usually do what they're told. A draft military would give you God knows what from all across America and the way political correctness has wrecked the way we train initial entry personnel it would be impossible to transition to a draft military. Those of you on this board that may have served prior to the mid to late 80's remember full well what happened when you stepped out of line as a recruit: You got your ass knocked back into line. Nowadays, recruits just get asked nicely to get back into line should they get out of line. A kindler, gentler military will never mesh with a draft force. It would be total mayhem. Now, on the other hand, if we could reinstate wall to wall counseling then a draft force might actually work but not before then.

How many pushups can you do, BF?

How many pushups can you do, BF?

Did 74 in 1985, last PT test. Now, I'd be lucky to get maybe 30 with this injury. Heavy smokin' screwed up my running, I use to be fast now (that's on me). I could never keep up with you guys. However, there is one thing though, I never gave up the arts.

Archived