he heard faint music coming from nearby. After hunting around for a

while, was even louder near the calf's tail. Putting his head up close to the

calf's hind-end and lifting it's tail, he was amazed to hear Alabama's

fight song!!

Dumbfounded, he loaded the calf in his pick-up truck and drove the

animal to a veterinarian nearby. When the Vet asked him what was going

on, the farmer told him. The Vet went around behind the calf and gave a

listen. He casually agreed that, indeed, he heard the strains of

Alabama's fight song, but didn't seem particularly moved.

"Man, this is incredible! How can you stand there and not be amazed?"

! the farmer asked.

The Veterinarian, himself a 4th generation Auburn University graduate,

said, " Listen , Bud, I'm a Tiger fan, I've been listening to a a**holes

singing that song my entire life."

Guest Tigrinum Major

I call BS on this joke.

Alabama fans don't know the words to "Yea, Alabama!" and therefore it would be impossible for them to sing said song.

Doesn't that "song" include something about a bowl game played 100 years ago?

Sour grapes that you didn't play in it? :poke:

Pretty broad statement there, TM.

Alright, on your honor, quote the song without using google. Try it on a Bama message board and see how many call you a flamer.

Sour grapes that you didn't play in it? :poke:

"Sour grapes"?

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't look now, but, YOU are on an Auburn board. ......Not the other way around! :roflol::roflol:

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Just told it to a buddy I work with...except changed it up a little - he's a UGA fan - had him rollin'. Funny joke, thanks for sharing.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Then he will love the one I told at a party in South Georgia one night:

The was a brilliant professor at UGA who developed a massive brain tumor which had to be surgically removed. It was a twelve hour operation after which the doctors came out to talk to the wife of the professor.

"The tumor was larger and more involved than we had originally thought and we had to remove more healthy brain tissue than planned." The wife responded that as long as her husband was still alive and healthy that it would be OK. The doctors then said that the operation had reduced the IQ level of the man. The wife was still ok with that as long as he was alive and healthy. The doctors then revealed that the IQ level would be that of an idiot and they were very sorry.

Later in the recovery room as the wife anxiously awaited for signs of recovery, the patient stirred and finally sat up. He looked at his wife and loudly exclaimed "How 'bout them dogs!"

if the operation had really reduced him to the intellectual level of an idiot, he would have yelled "ROLL TIDE"

You have my permission to adjust for Alabama fans but the house full of wealthy South Georgia farmers were "rolling on the floor laughing" when I told it. I was the only Auburn fan in the crowd.

Alright, on your honor, quote the song without using google. Try it on a Bama message board and see how many call you a flamer.

Yea alabama, drown em tide, every bama man's behind you, hit your stride

Go teach the bulldogs to behave, send those yellow jackets to a watery grave

And if a man starts to weaken, that's a shame, 'cause bama's pluck and grit have writ her name in crimson flame

Fight on, Fight on, fight on, men

Remember the rose bowl, we'll win then

So go roll to victory, crimson tide, your dixie's football pride, Crimson tide,

Roll tide Roll Tide!

I've been to 56 games and I'm an 18 year old that also goes to school @ UA. I know the freaking fight song. :no:

And if a man starts to weaken, that's a shame, 'cause bama's pluck and grit have writ her name in crimson flame

Roll tide Roll Tide!

I've been to 56 games and I'm an 18 year old that also goes to school @ UA. I know the freaking fight song. :no:

So when do your men start to "fight on" so they can win the Rose Bowl again? Ya'll should rename this song "Beautiful Dreamer."

Only in the mind of a crimson koolaid drinker are ya'll Dixie's football pride. And by the way you always capitalize Dixie.

(sorry Bo, the Devil made me do it).

Roll tide Roll Tide!

dude I would not admit to that.. I would be ashamed

Guest Tigrinum Major

You are well ahead of many of your fellow fans.

Like every other school in the nation...

Of course there are going to be fans that didn't attend/have never visited the school they pull for. Alabama has them, Auburn has them, all 117 other I-A teams have them. I'm not one of them, but I have no reason to be ashamed of them. Are you ashamed of them? Would you rather them cheer for another school simply b/c they didn't attend AU or can't recite the fight song?

Like every other school in the nation...

Of course there are going to be fans that didn't attend/have never visited the school they pull for. Alabama has them, Auburn has them, all 117 other I-A teams have them. I'm not one of them, but I have no reason to be ashamed of them. Are you ashamed of them? Would you rather them cheer for another school simply b/c they didn't attend AU or can't recite the fight song?

But Alabama's are worse than most in a big way and that is where the difference lies.

Roll tide Roll Tide!

If you listen to the Florida and AU-O fight songs, they sound eerily similar throughout. But both songs are probably saying the same thing:

We are a team

We have a generic fight song

We are blue and orange

With that you cannot go wrong

We hate Alabama

Bama Owns Us

We hate Alabama

Bama makes me wanna cuss

We are a team

We lack in tradition

We are a team

Please pay attention

Hey Hey Hey!

But Alabama's are worse than most in a big way and that is where the difference lies.

Elaborate. How are Alabama's worse? And what is the difference you speak of? Real answers and facts, not just what you think of us.

If you listen to the Florida and AU-O fight songs, they sound eerily similar throughout. But both songs are probably saying the same thing:

AU-O, what is that??? Are you trying to make a joke of Auburn University - Opelika?? That is funny.....do you even know how far away campus is from Opelika and how separate Auburn and Opelika are...I applaud you for trying to counteract uat, though, nice effort!! :no: Auburn's fight song sounds nothing like any other school, IMO.

Roll tide Roll Tide!

We are a team

We have a generic fight song

We are blue and orange

With that you cannot go wrong

We hate Alabama

Bama Owns Us

We hate Alabama

Bama makes me wanna cuss

We are a team

We lack in tradition

We are a team

Please pay attention

Hey Hey Hey!

Ignurnce be bliss.

To try to get this topic back on track:

A guy went to Tuscaloosa and picked up one of those new Mercedes. He was testing it out in the parking lot, turned on the radio and nothing happened. Furious, he demanded to see the sales manager, and told him "When I buy a $50,000 car I expect the dang radio to work." The sales manager explained to him that the radio had been programmed to his voice and all he had to do was tell the radio what he wanted to hear. He got back into the car and said "Country music," and old Willie Nelson started singing. "Rock and roll," he exclaimed, and immediately Elvis started crooning. "Easy listening," he remarked, and all at once it sounded like he was in an elevator. He was relaxed, driving up I-59 to Birmingham, and listening to smooth sounds. Then a pickup truck with two good ole boys almost ran him off the road. "Stupid rednecks!" he screamed. The radio immediately blurted out, "TOUCHdooooooooown AllaBAAAAAAAmaaa!!!!"

Archived