Stadium and Mural Pics from Rivals

DKW 86

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Although I always enjoyed the memories that the old murals brought up, I never thought the murals themselves were the best, just didn't care for the style of the art. I think the new ones look much better. I can't wait to get back to the Plains and see the improvements for myself.

WDE!!!

Woohoo! It's nice to see Carlos Rogers up there as a mural!! Wonder if Ronnie, Caddy, and JC will be another mural for the '04 undefeated season.

Just went and looked inside the stadium and at the murals a few minutes ago. I must say that Tuberville's picture looks out of place on the coaches mural, no lightboards yet but looked like they had the mountaing brackets and everything was ready to be wired.

I noticed one of the murals with Bo Jackson was being removed. I sure hope they will replace it with another Bo Jackson mural. I believe it would be an insult if Bo was'nt up there.

of the murals with Bo Jackson was being removed. I sure hope they will replace it with another Bo Jackson mural. I believe it would be an insult if Bo was'nt up there.

I feel confident that they would include all of the Heisman winners. If not, there would be a pretty strong outcry I bet.

I am glad to see any murals with Tater Tot taken down, but I hope they replace those with something that honors that undefeated team without having Tater in it.

I would bet Bo's mural is going to be replaced with one that has him and Pat Sullivan on it. Maybe a picture with Coach Heisman in it also. It would be the :au: Heisman mural.

I hate to bring this up again, because it becomes a big and sometimes nasty debate between those that still hold reverence for Coach Dye and some of us that don't. So let's try to put all of that aside and take a serious look at this question"

If CTT wins a MNC while at AU, how would the university honor him as far as naming something after him? Since the stadium already has Coach Jordans name in it and the field is now named after Coach Dye, what is left to name after CTT? I think it is a legitimate question because I believe, after being one of his biggest critics at first, that CTT is going to take the program further then Coach Dye and maybe even Coach Jordan ever did. I know it is all hypothetical and one man's opinion, but if CTT keeps the program going like it is, I don't see many failures in the future. So again, how will he be honored if he becomes as successful as I and many others on the board think he will be?

Do we maybe name Tiger Walk after him? What else is left? Can't name the pressbox after him because somebody has already screwed that up and named it after the wrong person in naming it after David Housel. That could have at least called it the Fyffe-Housel Pressbox.

If CTT wins a MNC while at AU, how would the university honor him as far as naming something after him?

I suppose since the actual field has a name, what about the sidelines? or the new fence? or the bushes? and there 2 goalposts that have been yet to be named... What about the parking deck?

There is probably some high level AU official reading this and thinking "How did we let all of these objects slip by unnamed?? Why didn't we think of this earlier...."

Then again we could try to match the baseball stadium's approach....

"Samford Stadium At Hitchcock Field At Plainsman Park"

"Jordan-Hare Stadium At Pat Dye Field At CTT Park"

Has a nice ring to it ya know.....

On second thought, lets just go all out ->

"Jordan-Hare Stadium at Pat Dye Field at CTT Park on the Central Campus of Auburn University in Auburn located in the state of Alabama in the southeast region of the United States of America of the North American Continent in the Western Hemisphere......"

That's hilarious fearthetiger03. :roflol: I hate how Auburn has gotten into naming everything on campus. The baseball complex name is just plain stupid. I believe a person must do something super-special in order to warrant an honor such as having a statue or a stadium/field named after them. I love Pat Dye, but did he do enough to warrant the honor? He didn't even close his career with 100 wins. What exactly did Cliff Hare do to warrant having the stadium named after him? Jim Fyffe deserved the honor of the press box and I hope the university rethinks this issue at some point. If Tubberville wins a national championship while at Auburn, then he definitely deserves a major honor. But, the problem with the whole naming and mural thing is that time doesn't stop. There will be more people in the future who do great things for the football program. Are they going to constantly be replacing those murals and naming things until the football stadium has fifty names? I hope not, but I think there will be people in Auburn's future who will become more famous than many of the folks already honored. You can't honor somebody with a B resume and not honor somebody with an A+ resume. Also, I think it's way too early to be honoring Tommy Tubberville. His career is nowhere near done and while he has done well for us, he hasn't done enough to warrant having a mural painted on the side of the stadium. Same thing happened with Terry Bowden and now everybody wants the thing removed. What if Tubby falls from grace somehow? What will we be saying then. To put it simply, the naming and honor thing has gotten out of hand to where it is becoming a circus.

I read that all of the murals are being replaced...

There will be one of the 1993 team, the 2004 team, the one of the coaches, Sullivan and Bo, and some other ones that I forget cause its too late in the evening to be remembering such things...

BTW its going to be Dye-Tuberville Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium...

Duh

you know what irks the daylights out of me? the vast amount of people down here who have no idea how to pronouce the stadium's name. it's jer-don hare.. not jordan like its spelled. students, bus drivers, professors, ive even heard a camp war eagle counselor say it wrong. drives me nuts. back to the topic.

A Will Call booth is where you can pick up tickets that are being held for you. If you have tickets on reserve that have not been picked up, they will tell you to go to "Will Call" and pick them up.

I hope Tater Tot is gone also. He is not a memory of "greatness" for most of us because of the way he left Auburn. The undefeated season is great, so that should be up there without Tater Tot IMHO.

On the question of what to name after CTT. Why name anything? He will be remembered for 2004 if for nothing else. If it is absolutely paramount that something be named after him, I guess we would have to start naming parts of our 2nd stadium across the state. It is already nicknamed Tuberville field at BDS, so just make it official and be done with it.

That's sharp.

F202412.jpg

Oh, yea.

Dye should be up front next to Shug with CTT behind them. And that's not the best pic of CTT

they could use. Everyone's a critic right, it's a good problem to have. In any case they look great.

Lets just hope that Tater does not get his feelings hurt! I really believe that he has some goods/skeletons on our program but has held back to some extent.

I wont be popular here but I think CTB should still be there. Like it or not, CTB will always be a part of our history and will always be associated with the Undefeated 1993 team. They should leave his image there. Feel teh same way about Eric Ramsey. They maybe black sheep but they are still part of the AU family...Notice I didnt say I would ever invite them over for dinner etc. But they ares till a part.

Blast away...

I wont be popular here but I think CTB should still be there. Like it or not, CTB will always be a part of our history and will always be associated with the Undefeated 1993 team. They should leave his image there. Feel teh same way about Eric Ramsey. They maybe black sheep but they are still part of the AU family...Notice I didnt say I would ever invite them over for dinner etc. But they ares till a part.

Blast away...

I can agree with that, I wonder if there will ever be murals on the other sides, maybe they could go in those locations. A different type of attachment would be necessary. At the time Bowden did good things for Auburn at least early in his career.

On the question of what to name after CTT. Why name anything? He will be remembered for 2004 if for nothing else. If it is absolutely paramount that something be named after him, I guess we would have to start naming parts of our 2nd stadium across the state. It is already nicknamed Tuberville field at BDS, so just make it official and be done with it.

I think it should be the "CTT Smoking Deck"

Light'em up boys!

:lol:

I wont be popular here but I think CTB should still be there. Like it or not, CTB will always be a part of our history and will always be associated with the Undefeated 1993 team. They should leave his image there. Feel the same way about Eric Ramsey. They maybe black sheep but they are still part of the AU family...Notice I didnt say I would ever invite them over for dinner etc. But they ares till a part.

Blast away...

I agree with you david, I really do not like CTB but he should be up with the rest of them. I will ask however if they cant make him lifesize so at least we will have a hard time spotting him on the mural. Think it will work? :big:

Blast away...

I can go along with that. Let's put them in the men's room above the urinals. :poke:

Archived