Stadium and Mural Pics from Rivals

DKW 86

I wont be popular here but I think CTB should still be there. Like it or not, CTB will always be a part of our history and will always be associated with the Undefeated 1993 team. They should leave his image there. Feel teh same way about Eric Ramsey. They maybe black sheep but they are still part of the AU family...Notice I didnt say I would ever invite them over for dinner etc. But they ares till a part.

Blast away...

I can go along with that. Let's put them in the men's room above the urinals. :poke:

How about an image IN the urinals...lol

I wont be popular here but I think CTB should still be there. Like it or not, CTB will always be a part of our history and will always be associated with the Undefeated 1993 team. They should leave his image there. Feel teh same way about Eric Ramsey. They maybe black sheep but they are still part of the AU family...Notice I didnt say I would ever invite them over for dinner etc. But they ares till a part.

Blast away...

I agree with you. Bowden earned his spot up there and he deserves it. No matter how wrong things eventually went in the end, he was a big part of an amazing season in 1993, and several more good years of Auburn football.

If Tub resigned tomorrow, he would still deserve his place as well.

In life you gotta take the good with the bad. Then you celebrate and cherish the good and try not to dwell on the bad. I hope the new mural of the 1993 team still has Terry in prominent place.

Blast away...

I can go along with that. Let's put them in the men's room above the urinals. :poke:

How about an image IN the urinals...lol

you mean like this

tot.jpg

I agree with DKW (not the urinal part).

I guess you had to be there to experience the 1993 season. I will always remember the AU-UF game. One of the greatest of all time. And to make it even worse, there are NO tv replays of this thanks to the probation.

Auburn should learn. I wouldnt put up anyone pic until they retired or signed a lifetime services agreement. Taking him down would just rekindle the fued, and make Auburn as a whole look bush.

That's hilarious fearthetiger03. :roflol: I hate how Auburn has gotten into naming everything on campus. The baseball complex name is just plain stupid. I believe a person must do something super-special in order to warrant an honor such as having a statue or a stadium/field named after them. I love Pat Dye, but did he do enough to warrant the honor? He didn't even close his career with 100 wins. What exactly did Cliff Hare do to warrant having the stadium named after him? Jim Fyffe deserved the honor of the press box and I hope the university rethinks this issue at some point. If Tubberville wins a national championship while at Auburn, then he definitely deserves a major honor. But, the problem with the whole naming and mural thing is that time doesn't stop. There will be more people in the future who do great things for the football program. Are they going to constantly be replacing those murals and naming things until the football stadium has fifty names? I hope not, but I think there will be people in Auburn's future who will become more famous than many of the folks already honored. You can't honor somebody with a B resume and not honor somebody with an A+ resume. Also, I think it's way too early to be honoring Tommy Tubberville. His career is nowhere near done and while he has done well for us, he hasn't done enough to warrant having a mural painted on the side of the stadium. Same thing happened with Terry Bowden and now everybody wants the thing removed. What if Tubby falls from grace somehow? What will we be saying then. To put it simply, the naming and honor thing has gotten out of hand to where it is becoming a circus.

Yeah, it's kind of silly all the names on stuff, but that's the way it is I guess.

Pat Dye's accomplishment is greater than can be measured with numbers and statistics. He brought Auburn to the national level. As much as I hate to say it, we were behind Alabama before the Pat Dye era. He made that not the case. He brought us up to that level. He gave the Auburn nation hope and a sense of pride. He was a figure that we could look to for inspiration, and he became a kind of father figure for us. Pat Dye definitely deserves to be up there with the great coaches.

This is just my opinion, but I would rather change out murals on the front of the stadium EVERY year than have 14 names for every structure on campus. But that is just me.

I will play devil's advocate here when it comes to Tater Tot and bring up an old issue when it comes to his accomplishment at AU...

His biggest and some say only accomplishment was the undefeated season. That season was won with players that Coach Dye recruited. Once his recruits started playing more, the wins started getting scarce. So that brings up the old debated question, did CTB really do anything at AU to warrant the credit he gets for the AU season. The players were Dye's recruits and some say any decent coach could have coached that team that year because they players were so motivated about being on probation and felt they had something to prove. Now, he did go on to a decent season the next year, but again mostly Dye's recruits. What are your guys opinion on those old issues about CTB?

As far as naming something after CTT, I didn't mean to name something after him now. That would be premature. I meant if he keeps the program going like it is, he will surpass Coach Dye and Coach Jordan in wins and if you add a possible BCS championship, that could leave him being the most sucessful coach in :au: football history. So where does that leave an honor for him since the stadium and field have already been named for past coaches?

As far as Eric Ramsey goes, sorry David, but I can accept him as still part of the family. Even though the program was doing something against the rules, they were doing something to help out Ramsey when Ramsey apparently asked for the help. He turned on family and to me that "expels him from the island", IMHO. I don't condone breaking the rules at all, but it makes me sick when a player turns a program in for helping him out with something that he asks for help on.

I could live with Bowden being up somewhere because it was a special season and he was a good in-game play caller/adjustment maker. However, I wouldn't piss on Ramsey if he was on fire.

Lets just hope that Tater does not get his feelings hurt! I really believe that he has some goods/skeletons on our program but has held back to some extent.

...Held Back?? :blink: If that's what is called "holding back", I'd hate to see what "spilling the beans" means. In any case, anything he's still keeping under his hat would be ancient history and well past the statue of limitations for any penalties at this point.

But on a serious note:

Just curious...what was Coach Jordan's longest winning streak back in the late '50's or early 60's? Isn't Terry Bowden's win streak the longest since then, or even maybe the longest ever? [He had the undefeated season, then much of the next season before he lost, albeit with Pat Dye's players.]

you know what irks the daylights out of me? the vast amount of people down here who have no idea how to pronouce the stadium's name. it's jer-don hare.. not jordan like its spelled. students, bus drivers, professors, ive even heard a camp war eagle counselor say it wrong. drives me nuts. back to the topic.

You had to grow-up around there. Just few miles west is Lake Jordan, pronounced Jerdan. So the name of the stadium was easy for us, we already fished on lake Jer-dan at blackwell's slough in slapout Alabama. :rolleyes:

Great Post! Thanks for the pics.

Ur, uh, duh, what does "Will Call" over the ticket booth mean?

That's where all those special folks that you ever went out on juast one date with will be. You know, the one's that said they would, but never did.

Sorry. Had to. :poke:

Hey I walked by the Stadium today and what I noticed:

They have two murals dedicated to the 04 team. One mural has the 2004 team picture taken at the Sugar Bowl and the 1993 team both on it. The other mural has the 04 team huddled up and then the SEC Championship poster of the team celebrating with the trophy after the game

pardon me for my ignorance but are the ribbon boards gonna be up and running by Saturday. I like the new signs, i sit on the front row of the upper deck so maybe ill have one of those in front of me!

Someone needs to make the sacrifice and go up to campus and take some pictures. You can walk in the stadium during the day, there are many gate open and I don't think they care as long as you don't get on the field.

Blast away...

He deserves one spot in the murals. Not the nine hundred and eighty six he had. Who painted the ones they're replacing, his mom? He was in dang near every one of them.

What exactly did Cliff Hare do to warrant having the stadium named after him?

He did some pretty good stuff actually. He was a member of the first Auburn fb team, President of the Southern Conference (precursor to the SEC) and chairman of the Faculty Athletic Committee for decades. Auburn Stadium was named Cliff Hare stadium in the 40s and Shug's name wasn't added until 1973.

I just rode past the stadium and they finally have the other 5 murals up. Bo and Stan are back ( I think its the same picture as before), the Aubie/Tigerwalk is back, and a banner with past players is up (Including the Cadillac). The final banner is split down the middle with the 1993 team photo on one side and the 2004 team photo on the other. That is the only place that you will see Terry Bowden (and he is about 6 inches tall)

I just rode past the stadium and they finally have the other 5 murals up. Bo and Stan are back ( I think its the same picture as before), the Aubie/Tigerwalk is back, and a banner with past players is up (Including the Cadillac). The final banner is split down the middle with the 1993 team photo on one side and the 2004 team photo on the other. That is the only place that you will see Terry Bowden (and he is about 6 inches tall)

So he's life size on the mural??? :poke::poke:

So he's life size on the mural??? :poke::poke:

HAHA

that was nice!

I am glad to see any murals with Tater Tot taken down, but I hope they replace those with something that honors that undefeated team without having Tater in it.

I would bet Bo's mural is going to be replaced with one that has him and Pat Sullivan on it. Maybe a picture with Coach Heisman in it also. It would be the :au: Heisman mural.

I hate to bring this up again, because it becomes a big and sometimes nasty debate between those that still hold reverence for Coach Dye and some of us that don't. So let's try to put all of that aside and take a serious look at this question"

If CTT wins a MNC while at AU, how would the university honor him as far as naming something after him? Since the stadium already has Coach Jordans name in it and the field is now named after Coach Dye, what is left to name after CTT? I think it is a legitimate question because I believe, after being one of his biggest critics at first, that CTT is going to take the program further then Coach Dye and maybe even Coach Jordan ever did. I know it is all hypothetical and one man's opinion, but if CTT keeps the program going like it is, I don't see many failures in the future. So again, how will he be honored if he becomes as successful as I and many others on the board think he will be?

Do we maybe name Tiger Walk after him? What else is left? Can't name the pressbox after him because somebody has already screwed that up and named it after the wrong person in naming it after David Housel. That could have at least called it the Fyffe-Housel Pressbox.

Hey Bro I hear Alabama is already thinking about naming their field after CTT. Since he already owns it.

There are new pics of the murals, but the server crashed this morning that was hosting them. I will link them if they come up again.

Archived