For KISS Army folks/Fans

WarTim

Titled "Live to Win" is due out in October!...finally....Some NEW Music ! ! !

Yep, I shall be checking it out.

Have you watched any of Gene's "reality" show on A&E about him and his family. His son is like 6 1/2 feet tall, but acts just Gene. Then of course there is Ms. Tweed. All you late night Cinemax viewers should know who she is. :lol:

Gene Simmons and Ted Nugent are my two most favorite hard rock characters. Just think how cool it would be to have those two guys together in the same room.

I never did 'get' the whole KISS thing. Sure, they had some decent songs. Liked them well enough. But the whole fanaticism w/ this band escapes me. A buddy of mine, now married and in his 30's, drove from Atlanta to Jackson, Mississippi to catch a KISS show a few yrs back. A couple of his long time buddies from HS went w/ him, and they literally drove over the day OF the concert, watched the show, then climbed in the car and drove back that night! :blink: His more than gracious wife was carrying their 1st child at the time, and I think this was his final farwell to crazy days of his youth....or some such nonsense.

As I said...the whole thing escapes me.

I never did 'get' the whole KISS thing. Sure, they had some decent songs. Liked them well enough. But the whole fanaticism w/ this band escapes me. A buddy of mine, now married and in his 30's, drove from Atlanta to Jackson, Mississippi to catch a KISS show a few yrs back. A couple of his long time buddies from HS went w/ him, and they literally drove over the day OF the concert, watched the show, then climbed in the car and drove back that night! :blink: His more than gracious wife was carrying their 1st child at the time, and I think this was his final farwell to crazy days of his youth....or some such nonsense.

Bro, they put on the best rock show you will ever see! I have been to several hard rock concerts in my life and nobody ever did it better then KISS. They are really prideful on the show the put on. I think Gene Simmons said it best one time when he talked about their shows...their philisophy about concerts is that it should be a "show". It should be entertaining. They think that if all a band is going to do is get up there and play their set, then what is the use of putting on the concert? Fans can hear their music at home. KISS believes a concert should add something to the music that the fans are already familiar with. Otherwise a concert is just boring live version of a studio taping. I took a friend that was not really into their music and after we were done, he went out and bought several of their CDs (this was before we had good CD burning software and I could have just burned him some copies).

There has only been one rock show that I have seen that tried to come close, but still a distant second. It is one of my wife's favorite bands and I got dragged into going because I am not a big fan of the group. Motley Crue puts on a pretty good show. It kept me entertained even though I am not into their music, except for a couple of songs I like of theirs. I have seen them indoors and outdoors. The indoor show is better because they can do the show in which Tommy Lee is hoisted up into the air and flies back and forth between several percussion setups. However, their show is very R-rated, almost X-rated, so no children at their concerts.

KISS is like this thing of ours that is Auburn fandom. You either get it or you don't. If you get it, you understand. If you don't, you never will.

KISS is like this thing of ours that is Auburn fandom. You either get it or you don't. If you get it, you understand. If you don't, you never will.

Well said Galen. In the words of Jimmy Buffet...."Don't try to describe a KISS Concert if you've never seen one."

"You wanted the BEST and you got the BEST......"

Bro, they put on the best rock show you will ever see! I have been to several hard rock concerts in my life and nobody ever did it better then KISS. They are really prideful on the show the put on. I think Gene Simmons said it best one time when he talked about their shows...their philisophy about concerts is that it should be a "show". It should be entertaining. They think that if all a band is going to do is get up there and play their set, then what is the use of putting on the concert? Fans can hear their music at home. KISS believes a concert should add something to the music that the fans are already familiar with. Otherwise a concert is just boring live version of a studio taping. I took a friend that was not really into their music and after we were done, he went out and bought several of their CDs (this was before we had good CD burning software and I could have just burned him some copies).

There has only been one rock show that I have seen that tried to come close, but still a distant second. It is one of my wife's favorite bands and I got dragged into going because I am not a big fan of the group. Motley Crue puts on a pretty good show. It kept me entertained even though I am not into their music, except for a couple of songs I like of theirs. I have seen them indoors and outdoors. The indoor show is better because they can do the show in which Tommy Lee is hoisted up into the air and flies back and forth between several percussion setups. However, their show is very R-rated, almost X-rated, so no children at their concerts.

nothing more entertaining than watching grown men in makeup and tights.

nothing more entertaining than watching grown men in makeup and tights.

I hate to point it out...BUT.....Football players wear "eye black" makeup and those football pants are not that far removed from "tights".......Be careful..... B)

was wondering when his album was going to be released. Anybody here, have Gene's latest solo album? I was very disappointed in what I heard on this one...

was wondering when his album was going to be released. Anybody here, have Gene's latest solo album? I was very disappointed in what I heard on this one...

I didn't buy it. I downloaded Firestarter, but that was about the only thing on there. Didn't really care for the rest of what I heard. I don't know what he was trying for with that album. Did he sell any? I know he didn't promote it at all.

I didn't buy it. I downloaded Firestarter, but that was about the only thing on there. Didn't really care for the rest of what I heard. I don't know what he was trying for with that album. Did he sell any? I know he didn't promote it at all.

You are right about the lack of promotion. I even heard about it secondhand myself. It was not good at all. I think Gene has the mentality to just experiment around with stuff and not be as serious with it as he is with things involoving KISS. Heck, he as rich as he already is, he doesn't have too.

Paul will be a little more focused on his album then Gene probably was. Paul even takes his artwork seriously.

"LIVE TO WIN" is an awesome album. Paul Stanley puts together a great collection of music on this one. Everybody MUST pick this one up.

Great to hear his voice on some new material. Here's hoping he comes close to pensacola on his solo tour supporting this cd....

"LIVE TO WIN" is an awesome album. Paul Stanley puts together a great collection of music on this one. Everybody MUST pick this one up.

Great to hear his voice on some new material. Here's hoping he comes close to pensacola on his solo tour supporting this cd....

I agree. It is one of the best albums of I have listened too in awhile. I don't feel the need to skip certain songs because they are all good.

• 3 weeks later...

FIRST Show in Atlanta.....Gotta' make THAT one! :thumbsup:

Archived