Anyone catch Brodie playing for K.C.?

mayonaise

Yes yes...he's also been there for a year.

8/16 with a pick...not exactly Montanaesque.

Honestly, I hope he does well...

I just wish

1) youd give the guy (brodie) a chance before you start bashing him

2) you all would stop with the "he's the bad guy" once they leave Bama. Its really kind of petty.

Lets all sit around and snicker and laugh when a KID has a rough first day on the job.

Didnt see anyone too quick to post Demeco's stats. Ill help (he's going to START once regular season starts. He had 8 tackles, 1 sack, 2 PBUs in the first half last night)

But see its not about lauding a young man's progress...its about laughing and pointing whenever you get the chance. As if there is some vast difference between the kids who sign with bama and those who sign with auburn.

I just wish

2) you all would stop with the "he's the bad guy" once they leave Bama. Its really kind of petty.

Lets all sit around and snicker and laugh when a KID has a rough first day on the job.

Didnt see anyone too quick to post Demeco's stats. Ill help (he's going to START once regular season starts. He had 8 tackles, 1 sack, 2 PBUs in the first half last night)

But see its not about lauding a young man's progress...its about laughing and pointing whenever you get the chance. As if there is some vast difference between the kids who sign with bama and those who sign with auburn.

Brodie didn't bring it on himself, you guys and the media brought it on him. The incessant shots of "deddy" in the stands. The media fawning over his every fart and belch. You couldn't have a single televised game without the sappy, syrupy musical ranch montage, complete with slo-mo shots of Brodie playing with the kids. All the talk about what Brodie was going to do -- Heismans, Maxwells, etc. etc. His awesome arm strength. How he upstaged Vince Young at the Combine (he didn't, by the way). The never ending excuses you guys made for him. If he'd been healthy, if he'd played a whole season, if he'd worn his helmet backward, if Prothro had not gotten hurt, If, if, if, if.

I'm sorry, but I will point and laugh when Brodie is a bust. Why? Because I heard just about enough about him and how great he was (when he wasn't) while at Bama. I realize that probably demeans me, but I can't help it. I enjoy every playoff loss that Manning suffers, too. But I like Manning a heck of a lot better than I'll ever like Brodie. Manning is getting to me with his self-depracating commercials. I appreciate those. Brodie just seems like a twerpy asshat to me.

I don't have the same animus toward Ryans. He really doesn't mean anything to me either way. Truth be told, I don't really remember him at all. He was ineffective against Auburn, I know that. If he does well in the NFL, good for him. The only ones I'll point and laugh at are Brodie and any of the Britts.

I just wish

Brodie didn't bring it on himself, you guys and the media brought it on him. The incessant shots of "deddy" in the stands. The media fawning over his every fart and belch. You couldn't have a single televised game without the sappy, syrupy musical ranch montage, complete with slo-mo shots of Brodie playing with the kids. All the talk about what Brodie was going to do -- Heismans, Maxwells, etc. etc. His awesome arm strength. How he upstaged Vince Young at the Combine (he didn't, by the way). The never ending excuses you guys made for him. If he'd been healthy, if he'd played a whole season, if he'd worn his helmet backward, if Prothro had not gotten hurt, If, if, if, if.

I'm sorry, but I will point and laugh when Brodie is a bust. Why? Because I heard just about enough about him and how great he was (when he wasn't) while at Bama. I realize that probably demeans me, but I can't help it. I enjoy every playoff loss that Manning suffers, too. But I like Manning a heck of a lot better than I'll ever like Brodie. Manning is getting to me with his self-depracating commercials. I appreciate those. Brodie just seems like a twerpy asshat to me.

I don't have the same animus toward Ryans. He really doesn't mean anything to me either way. Truth be told, I don't really remember him at all. He was ineffective against Auburn, I know that. If he does well in the NFL, good for him. The only ones I'll point and laugh at are Brodie and any of the Britts.

Did the clips of the Croyle family at their Big Oak Ranch really offend you that much, Galen? I suppose you'd rather see more Montae Pitts' in the world instead of kids being given the chance to succeed in the world and to hear the word of Christ when they would essentially have no chance elsewhere?

You're missing it big time, wincrimson. The point being made is the media (and fans) did everything short of having him walk across water. Hell, the way they fawned over him, one would be led to believe he had the power of healing in that magic right arm of his.

Some uaters need to remember that this is an AUBURN boad.

It's a thread on Brodie Croyle, most of us wouldn't have even looked at it if it was about Campbell. We're a little more indifferent when it comes to former AU players. B)

Some AU fans need to realize that this isnt ITAT.

I got banned from an Alabama site for suggesting that Mike Shula was not the reincarnation of Bryant and asking why the support for him was so strong when he'd yet to beat a legitimate team and had a dismal record against the upper echelon of the SEC.

Ghost, don't you realize that you can't question ANYTHING when it comes to west vance? Sheridan states today that Tuberville "called off the dogs" in last season's IB. You state that FACT here, or anywhere else, and the trailer parkers will protest all day!

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

When you compare them, Campbell was just as hotly recruited as BC. However JC was never given the kind of status or defended as much as BC. In the end JC will go down as one of the highest rated QBs in SEC history.

Forgive us for not praising a 1-9 effort in the debut of someone who was crammed down our throats as the "second coming". Our disdain is not in any way aimed at BC, but at every bammer and media member who paraded him around for 4 years. From the day he put on that UAT hat at signing day, the media and every bammer out there lauded at how BC was to bring Heismans, SEC Championships, National Championships, and Iron Bowl victories. I guess his showing in the NFL was somewhat better; after all 1-9 is better than 0-4.

I just wish

Did the clips of the Croyle family at their Big Oak Ranch really offend you that much, Galen? I suppose you'd rather see more Montae Pitts' in the world instead of kids being given the chance to succeed in the world and to hear the word of Christ when they would essentially have no chance elsewhere?

I'm really not. He clearly stated that the clips of the Croyle ranch was "sappy, syrupy musical ranch montage, complete with slo-mo shots of Brodie playing with the kids."

BC was a good college QB. No, he wasn't Namath or Sullivan, but he was a good QB. Anyone who says otherwise has a anti-Bama/anti-Croyle agenda.

I just wish

I'm really not. He clearly stated that the clips of the Croyle ranch was "sappy, syrupy musical ranch montage, complete with slo-mo shots of Brodie playing with the kids."

BC was a good college QB. No, he wasn't Namath or Sullivan, but he was a good QB. Anyone who says otherwise has a anti-Bama/anti-Croyle agenda.

Besides the "off the field" criteria, QBs are judeged by wins and losses. That is as it should be.

Whoa....the guy is 22? 23? He's no kid. He's a professional athlete now and he'll be judged accordingly.

Archived