The greatest War Eagle ever

GalensGhost

I've been War Eagled in New York City, Florence Italy, Dallas Texas, San Diego, Cancun, Providence Rhode Island, Boise Idaho, Denver, Chicago, Frankfurt and a number of other places in the US and around the world. But today, I got probably the best one ever.

Was in Tuscaloosa. At a crowded new restaurant chock full of Bama fans. I was, as usual, adorned in clearly marked AU gear. Got my food and sat down at a table with four other people I was meeting there. About half way through the meal, this incredibly good looking blonde with a pony tail who was working in the restaurant strolled by my table put her hand on my shoulder, bent down and whispered "War Eagle, big fella" in my ear. I felt like a junior high kid. I wanted to kiss her on the mouth right then and there.

One of my table mates figured out what she said when croaked "War Eagle" back to her. In a loud bama voice, he asked her what she said and she responded with an equally loud "I said WAR EAGLE, baby! And don't you forget it." With that, she sauntered saucily back intot he kitchen area.

I forgot to eat the rest of my food.

I was War Eagled twice when I lived in T-Town for a few months. Once was in a GNC store at University Mall on McFarland and the other time was actaully at a UAT vs. Georgia basketball game. However, at the basketball game, the War Eagle came from a Georgia fan, so I don't know if it was meant to aggravate the UAT fans around him or maybe he lived in the Columbus area and kept up with AU also. I think it was more meant to annoy the UAT fans. None of them got ugly, but there were several "RTs" after he said it. :lol:

It was awesome that yours was in a public but kind of quiet place where others around would have heard it.

I'm with UA-CT, where was it at?

don't you know she is sick of the cesspool called the crapstone. You were a ray of

sunshine and hope in the underworld known as uat. You need to go back an rescue

the poor girl.

Has anyone seen Uncommon Valor? Well for those who haven't a team of ex-marines goes back to Vietnam and rescues one of their buddies from a POW camp...

GG and his ex-Auburn buddies should do that for this young lady...

and wincrimson why are you ruining things? go troll a different thread, this one is good

don't you know she is sick of the cesspool called the crapstone. You were a ray of

sunshine and hope in the underworld known as uat. You need to go back an rescue

the poor girl.

She was probably young enough to be my daughter. But if my wife wouldn't object, I would have married her on the spot.

A client offered me a spot at his Tuscaloosa firm. I said thanks but no thanks. I just couldn't stand the idea of living in the Ninth Circle of Hell.

My two coolest War Eagles? On the Milford Track in New Zealand and at the Annapolis Boat Show in Maryland.

Galen, which restaurant? Just curious

Don't tell them, GG. 'The Machine' will likely shut the place down.

They did it to Bamabinos and I really liked that nasty pizza.

Well, let me just tell you the restaurant was DEFINITELY Bob Baumhauer's Wings. Or was it...?

Archived