Danny Sheridan Picks Auburn to win Western Division

cleburnecountytigerfan

Also notice, he's constantly hedging. Alabama's schedule has been "weak" to him since Fran left. That way, if we win, our staff gets no credit...if we lose, its double bad.

Or perhaps bama always has creampuffs on its schedule. Just sayin...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheridan is and always will be a uat homer.

Also notice, he's constantly hedging. Alabama's schedule has been "weak" to him since Fran left. That way, if we win, our staff gets no credit...if we lose, its double bad.

True. Because playing a 1-AA opponent for the last 4 seasons was a killer...

The fact of the matter is that BOTH schools have played tough non-conf teams over the past couple of years (Oklahoma, USC, Ga Tech, UCLA) in addition to the always rugged SEC schedule. When it's all said and done, neither school's fans have the right to criticize eachother on this point.

The fact of the matter is that BOTH schools have played tough non-conf teams over the past couple of years (Oklahoma, USC, Ga Tech, UCLA) in addition to the always rugged SEC schedule. When it's all said and done, neither school's fans have the right to criticize eachother on this point.

True, but I like to rib you crimson worshipers, so it was fun for me.

From page 1 of the article:

-- Q: And what about the East?

A: I think last year was an aberration and Phillip Fulmer is a great coach. With the addition of David Cutcliffe, Tennessee will be back. Florida's only weakness is its offensive line. With Jim Donnan's recruits finally gone, I foresee hard times for Georgia. I'm not saying they will collapse, but the Bulldogs won't come close to the success they've had the last four years. South Carolina overachieved last year -- a tribute to Steve Spurrier, who is the best college football coach in America. They have very little talent this year, and I expect Spurrier to win the SEC East in two or three years. Kentucky comes in fifth. Vanderbilt, well, you can't make a donkey a racehorse.

He says AU recruits well yet FL clearly has the better talent. I disagree. I would say AU has as good if not better talent along with the excellent coaching staff he mentions. Combine that with their favorable schedule and it's easy to see why everyone is picking them to win the West and the conference. I would be surprised to see AU lose 2 games.

True, but I like to rib you crimson worshipers, so it was fun for me.

I secretly knew that. :P

Btw, in those games I mentioned... UA and AU are a combined 0-8. :o

listening to sheridan for the last few years gives me the impression that he is not impressed by don shula's boy and his ability to coach football.....if that is the case, sheridan and i have something in common after all

listening to sheridan for the last few years gives me the impression that he is not impressed by don shula's boy and his ability to coach football.....if that is the case, sheridan and i have something in common after all

BG already touched on this. Try and keep up. ;)

Sheridan may be ticked with some bama folks right now but that don't change his stripes Don't be fooled, he is trying to get the bammers pumped up to beat Auburn. Does anyone believe if he just wanted to knock bama he would be so complimentary about Auburn rather than LSU for example. Like all the bammers, Sheridan is having nightmares about the thumb and is trying the old Pat Dye ploy to Georgia a few years ago.

Remember " I don't think Georgia is man enough to beat bama." But they did.

It just still amazes me how our resident bammers, when they come to the defense of their team, just keep on and on thinking they are going to convince us they are right. I will never understand the logic of being a regular poster on a rivals board and try to convince that rival they are wrong when they are bashing your team or coaches. I'm really sure that some AU fan on this board is going to agree with BG3 and wincrimson that UAT is a great team and Shula is a great coach. :rolleyes:

It just still amazes me how our resident bammers, when they come to the defense of their team, just keep on and on thinking they are going to convince us they are right. I will never understand the logic of being a regular poster on a rivals board and try to convince that rival they are wrong when they are bashing your team or coaches. I'm really sure that some AU fan on this board is going to agree with BG3 and wincrimson that UAT is a great team and Shula is a great coach. :rolleyes:

That has nothing to do with this topic.

Shula could go 14-0 this year and you guys would still say he sucks. I realized that long ago.

That has nothing to do with this topic.----Oh but it has everything to do with this thread because it demonstrates the very point he is trying to make. He took the thought right out of my mind.

Shula could go 14-0 this year and you guys would still say he sucks. I realized that long ago.-----so why do you continue to bash your heads so badly

Shula could go 14-0 this year and you guys would still say he sucks. I realized that long ago.

A few questions for BG and Win.

Who is in charge of the offense @ UAT? Are you satisfied with this offense? Has the offense progress any since Bambi got there?

That has nothing to do with this topic.----Oh but it has everything to do with this thread because it demonstrates the very point he is trying to make. He took the thought right out of my mind.

Shula could go 14-0 this year and you guys would still say he sucks. I realized that long ago.-----so why do you continue to bash your heads so badly

we'll never know what we'll do if don's boy goes 14-0.it won't happen

Who is in charge of the offense @ UAT? Are you satisfied with this offense? Has the offense progress any since Bambi got there?

Ask me that in January. I'll be able to tell you then.

Honestly, I don't think CMS is the next Bear Bryant (who is?!). While I support him 100%, I think the jury's still out on him. However, we have not only improved as a team since he came to Tuscaloosa, we have improved as a program as well. His/Bama's future is looking pretty good right now.

His comments about UGA show how much of a complete moron he is....Donnan's recruits? Thomas Davis? DJ Shockley? Giles? Thurman? Pope? Jennings? Should I go on?

His comments about UGA show how much of a complete moron he is....Donnan's recruits? Thomas Davis? DJ Shockley? Giles? Thurman?

That's why he is PO'ed at Mal Moore and UA. Thus, making all of his articles skewed bunk...

Shula's first year our SOS was #1 in the nation.

I agree wholeheartedly. Alabama's quotient of Same Old S... from typical Tide fans was tops in the nation.

:big::big::big::big:

Ask me that in January. I'll be able to tell you then.

Honestly, I don't think CMS is the next Bear Bryant (who is?!). While I support him 100%, I think the jury's still out on him. However, we have not only improved as a team since he came to Tuscaloosa, we have improved as a program as well. His/Bama's future is looking pretty good right now.

I agree totally with this but until Bama gets some sort of consistency out of it's offense, your not going to be BACK.

Unlike some on here I think Shula can become a real good head coach. He seems to be a good recruitor and he is getting better at the political side of coaching. But he has turn over the OC duties to a real cordinator and just be the head coach. I lived thru 3 years of him being the OC in Tampa and i'm seeing the exact same game planning from him with your TIDE.

However, we have not only improved as a team since he came to Tuscaloosa, we have improved as a program as well. His/Bama's future is looking pretty good right now.

I respectfully disagree. Alabama's scoring offense has declined precipitously in each of the three seasons since Shula took over. Last season's offense -- regardless of what excuse you patch in -- was one of the worst ever seen in the SEC. The word "abysmal" comes to mind. And this was with savior Brodie at the helm for a full year and the self-proclaimed best back in the SEC running the ball.

There is no question the level and quality of discipline has declined. There are many inside the Bama program who are decidedly uneasy with the direction this has taken.

Recruiting is no better or no worse than under DuBose or Franchione.

While last season's record might have been better, the 04 team was better than the 05 edition.

If you're a Bama fan sitting there satisfied with the "direction" of the program, you're wearing blinders. There are obvious cracks and fissures here. Can he patch them? Who knows.

Archived