Danny Sheridan Picks Auburn to win Western Division

cleburnecountytigerfan

... Recruiting is no better or no worse than under DuBose or Franchione. ...

You can't really say that since Logan Young crossed the Great Beyond. Recruiting "sales" have definately been on the decline since dubose. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And finally... I find it absolutely HILARIOUS to see repetitive carping from Bama fans who whine that "the media hates Bama". There are no less than four threads devoted to this topic on one Bama message board.

The media hates Bama? The same media that you bama fans claimed would "never disrespect you the way it did Auburn in 2004" until it became obvious that it would when you were temporarily "back" *snicker* in 05 and found that there was no way in roaring crimson hell you'd ever pass USC or Texas no matter what the result of the remainder of your season? Good thing you were exposed as pretenders and didn't have to suffer that ignominy.

The media hates Bama? Is this the same media that tosses Bama a few Top 25 votes no matter what their record is? The same ancient media that will rank Bama in the top 10 if they can just get to 3-0? Well, you've got your point there to a degree. The dinosaurs who still live in 1979 are dying off and retiring and most of the "new" media really doesn't remember those glory days. The "new" media will be as likely to rank Alabama as they are to rank Harvard and Yale. So why your mewling is disingenuous now, might as well get in practice for the next 100 years.

A few questions for BG and Win.

Who is in charge of the offense @ UAT? Are you satisfied with this offense? Has the offense progress any since Bambi got there?

Dave Rader is in charge of the offense, but shula calls the plays. Its hard to say about the offense. Honestly, if there's not a marked improvement on O this year I think Shula will have to either A) Hire a new coordinator or B) rent a moving truck.

So far there has been a valid reason behind much of our offensive struggles. 03, we had a hurt Soph QB and Shula didnt get to install his O until the summer. 04 we had NO reason to score points after Hudson, Brodie, Castille, etc went down. Last year, our offense looked pretty good until Pro went down. Then looked bad when we lost two OLs.

This year, we have enough depth that he cant look at one position (save the QB position) and say "we lost them and it killed our offense". Ive given him a pass so far. No excuses this year. He has a few more 13-10 games and he will have to make a change.

Statistically, last season was Shula's best with total offense. But we struggled once we hit the 30 yd line. That HAS to improve.

Recruiting is no better or no worse than under DuBose or Franchione.

You couldnt be more wrong. Under CDF in 2003, our class was ranked 49th. And he passed on Brandon Cox in 2002 to go after Brandon Avalos (he had MANY weird recruiting snafus like this). The next year under Shula, alabama's class was ranked 15th and we were on probation coming off of a 4-9 season. In 05, 18th coming off of a 6-6 season. In 06, 11th.

Dubose had good classes because he won with stallings players...and had boosters helping his efforts.

While last season's record might have been better, the 04 team was better than the 05 edition.

Again, couldnt be more wrong. Unless you think Spencer Pennington is a better QB than Brodie, Aaron Johns is a better RB than Hudson and Darby, Trent Davidson is a better TE than the 1st & 2nd string guys....and i know you dont. Do you think the 04 team could have beaten UF 31-3? Or won the cotton bowl? (oh i forgot...we actually LOST that one because it was a close game)

Come on Galen, you can do better than that! ;)

A few questions for BG and Win.

Who is in charge of the offense @ UAT? Are you satisfied with this offense? Has the offense progress any since Bambi got there?

Dave Rader is in charge of the offense, but shula calls the plays. Its hard to say about the offense. Honestly, if there's not a marked improvement on O this year I think Shula will have to either A) Hire a new coordinator or B) rent a moving truck.

So far there has been a valid reason behind much of our offensive struggles. 03, we had a hurt Soph QB and Shula didnt get to install his O until the summer. 04 we had NO reason to score points after Hudson, Brodie, Castille, etc went down. Last year, our offense looked pretty good until Pro went down. Then looked bad when we lost two OLs.

This year, we have enough depth that he cant look at one position (save the QB position) and say "we lost them and it killed our offense". Ive given him a pass so far. No excuses this year. He has a few more 13-10 games and he will have to make a change.

Statistically, last season was Shula's best with total offense. But we struggled once we hit the 30 yd line. That HAS to improve.

Recruiting is no better or no worse than under DuBose or Franchione.

You couldnt be more wrong. Under CDF in 2003, our class was ranked 49th. And he passed on Brandon Cox in 2002 to go after Brandon Avalos (he had MANY weird recruiting snafus like this). The next year under Shula, alabama's class was ranked 15th and we were on probation coming off of a 4-9 season. In 05, 18th coming off of a 6-6 season. In 06, 11th.

Dubose had good classes because he won with stallings players...and had boosters helping his efforts.

While last season's record might have been better, the 04 team was better than the 05 edition.

Again, couldnt be more wrong. Unless you think Spencer Pennington is a better QB than Brodie, Aaron Johns is a better RB than Hudson and Darby, Trent Davidson is a better TE than the 1st & 2nd string guys....and i know you dont. Do you think the 04 team could have beaten UF 31-3? Or won the cotton bowl? (oh i forgot...we actually LOST that one because it was a close game)

Come on Galen, you can do better than that! ;)

I think he was referring to the overall talent levels. Clearly the 04 team would've been much better with Brodie than they were(see 2005) as the offense would've likely scored more but more importantly made fewer mistakes, turnovers, etc. Even after Prothro went down you see how helpful it was to have Brodie in there and not have to worry as much about him throwing an int or screwing something else up and rely on the D.

BG- Do you believe this year's team could be better than last year's; but not win 10 games? Say a 7 or 8 win team.

BG- Do you believe this year's team could be better than last year's; but not win 10 games? Say a 7 or 8 win team.

I think we will be better. Mostly because of the OL. But if we only win 7 games, we would have to be a worse team than last year.

7 win season would mean losses to UF, AU, LSU, UT, and Arkansas

Which would mean we suck.

I think we win 9. And are a better team overall.

I think we will be better. Mostly because of the OL. But if we only win 7 games, we would have to be a worse team than last year.

I say 8 but a better team.

Hey BG or any other Bammers,

Do you think Sheila will finally finish higher than 3rd place in the Western Division this year? :lol:

(not a bammer, but I'll field this question)

No, and they won't reach 3rd this season. Arkansas will jump them in the standings and drop them into 4th place just above the Mississippi schools.

I've mentioned this before and I hope slink or another Bulldog can back me up on this. What UA has in Shula is what UGA had when Ray Goff was the coach. The similarities are astonishing. Both were former QB's for their school who were fan favorites.They are though of as "good boys" by the fan base and they get a certain amount of blind loyalty. Both were though of as great recruiters, but you would have to be a total idiot not to be able to recruit to either of those schools. Goff always did just good enough to keep the faithful optimistic about the next season. Both look like they wandered onto the field at game time and have no idea where the h** they are. Neither could game plan their way out of a wet paper bag. Neither could realize that they needed an OC for that reason. UGA was where five star talent went to die. We don't know if UA will be the same under Shula, but I have a feeling it might. I remember hoping that Goff remained at GA forever. I feel the same way about Shula. They are probably two of the LEAST intimidating coaches to go against I have ever seen.

Both had Joe Kines saving their butts (and their jobs) by covering up for their sorry offenses. UGA had the sense to go in another direction after a few years, I hope UA "stays the course". B)

I've mentioned this before and I hope slink or another Bulldog can back me up on this. What UA has in Shula is what UGA had when Ray Goff was the coach. The similarities are astonishing. Both were former QB's for their school who were fan favorites.They are though of as "good boys" by the fan base and they get a certain amount of blind loyalty. Both were though of as great recruiters, but you would have to be a total idiot not to be able to recruit to either of those schools. Goff always did just good enough to keep the faithful optimistic about the next season. Both look like they wandered onto the field at game time and have no idea where the h** they are. Neither could game plan their way out of a wet paper bag. Neither could realize that they needed an OC for that reason. UGA was where five star talent went to die. We don't know if UA will be the same under Shula, but I have a feeling it might. I remember hoping that Goff remained at GA forever. I feel the same way about Shula. They are probably two of the LEAST intimidating coaches to go against I have ever seen.

Both had Joe Kines saving their butts (and their jobs) by covering up for their sorry offenses. UGA had the sense to go in another direction after a few years, I hope UA "stays the course". B)

Good post.

Goff was just a terrible coach.

One that would have 1-2 good wins a year and then lose the rest. Then have a solid season after and save his butt then suck again

Has anyone mentioned the fact that Sheridan is a uat :homer: ?

B):poke:

Archived