Eagle flight Saturday?

quietfan

Just wondering...

Has anyone heard if we'll have an eagle flying Saturday and if so, which one? How are things at the Raptor Center these days?

WDE! :cheer:

I won't be there, but I hope it does. When one of them does fly, the TV coverage usually shows a replay of it sometime before the game starts.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a similar question. Has anybody seen a sneak peek at the new pre-game video? Usually it gets put out or leaked before the season starts, but I have not seen it yet.

Just wondering...

Has anyone heard if we'll have an eagle flying Saturday and if so, which one? How are things at the Raptor Center these days?

I was just thinking the same thing as I drove by the stadium tonight. I hope ESPN doesn't bring the cable lines that they had to bring last year for the Georgia Tech game.

Just wondering...

I was just thinking the same thing as I drove by the stadium tonight. I hope ESPN doesn't bring the cable lines that they had to bring last year for the Georgia Tech game.

They can't anymore due to regulations set by Auburn after last years GA Tech game.

Just wondering...

They can't anymore due to regulations set by Auburn after last years GA Tech game.

Oh I didn't know that I am glad to hear that!

Just wondering...

Oh I didn't know that I am glad to hear that!

Yeah, I think it was more of Auburn asking ESPN to not bring the Sky Cam's due to it breaking the tradtion of the Eagle flying. If you noticed, other games last year (EX: USC) on ESPN never had the sky cam.

I'm not sure if ESPN 2 has the sky cam. I know that the FSU-UM game will have it because they are playing the whole game thru the sky cam on espn u or something like that.

So what local radio stations that have a pre-game show also have audio streaming on the internet?

I am happy the eagle is planning to fly. I knew Tiger was ill. Also, I asked about the video a few days back - I can't believe no one has see or heard anything yet. I HOPE it is outstanding! I thought last years was not all that great.

I am happy the eagle is planning to fly. I knew Tiger was ill. Also, I asked about the video a few days back - I can't believe no one has see or heard anything yet. I HOPE it is outstanding! I thought last years was not all that great.

I am hoping it is the best yet this year since they apparently have kept the video so secretive this year.

So what local radio stations that have a pre-game show also have audio streaming on the internet?

All Citadel Stations stream now. That includes JOX and 94.5 among a few others here in Birmingham. Auburn is on 94.5 FM. FREE AUBURN LIVE AUDIO They all strated streaming last week.

According to AuburnTigers.com

Spirit will take flight at approx. 6:31 in the PM on Saturday evening.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...06-gameday.html

The video will start at approx. 6:43 and 15/1000ths of a sec. :blink:

6:43.15 p.m. AU Rev-Up Video

Isn't that 15seconds? My expecation is the video is 1min 45seconds. As the team takes the field at 6:44pm

Just a guess

I would like to see us train and fly ONLY golden eagles since that is the traditional mascot. Is it called the mascot?? I really don't like it when they fly the bald eagle because that is not Auburn. I love bald eagles, but the tradition would be more meaningful to me if they only flew golden eagles at AU games and used bald eagles for special events like at the Salt Lake City games. Whenever I watch the bald eagle fly at AU games, I always think to myself, that's not the right one.

well they have two golden eagles...Tiger and Nova. Spirit is the bald eagle and stepped up when Tiger wasn't ready in 04. I believe that Nova is a little younger than spirit.

I would like to see us train and fly ONLY golden eagles since that is the traditional mascot. Is it called the mascot?? I really don't like it when they fly the bald eagle because that is not Auburn. I love bald eagles, but the tradition would be more meaningful to me if they only flew golden eagles at AU games and used bald eagles for special events like at the Salt Lake City games. Whenever I watch the bald eagle fly at AU games, I always think to myself, that's not the right one.

Yeah I've often been a bit bothered by that, but then again I think it is one of the coolest traditions around!! I think they could make it better by getting a real tiger, training it to run to the 50 yard line and then have the eagle land on it's back!! how great would that be??? maybe that's just my stupid little pipe dream.....

War Eagle!!

Yeah I've often been a bit bothered by that, but then again I think it is one of the coolest traditions around!! I think they could make it better by getting a real tiger, training it to run to the 50 yard line and then have the eagle land on it's back!! how great would that be??? maybe that's just my stupid little pipe dream.....

War Eagle!!

I think that would be good but they could also train the tiger to pee on the opposing QB and then run to the 50. Hows that for tradition

Hey, I know. How about we get a live tiger to EAT the opposing QB at the fifty yard line with an eagle on its back, then run off the field to the AU Band playing We Are The Champions?

:rolleyes:

Good grief, people...

Hey, I know. How about we get a live tiger to EAT the opposing QB at the fifty yard line with an eagle on its back, then run off the field to the AU Band playing We Are The Champions?

:rolleyes:

Good grief, people...

^^^ good idea..but we might get in trouble for the eating part...

I like the addition of We Are the Champions tho

I think as far as the Eagles go, they just have to take what they get. I think the Raptor Center serves as a rescue place, so they don't have complete control over what they have. My thinking is that they just didn't have a golden eagle in training when Spirit came along, and now Tiger is no longer able to do the flight, but Nova isn't ready yet, so Spirit fills the gap until Nova is ready. Then Nova takes over.

At least that is what I suspect will happen, although I don't know anything. I'm not even sure of much about the raptor center, other then the fact that I'm pretty sure it is a rescue center. Maybe someone here knows more or can correct me if I'm wrong.

Another question...as far as I know, the Eagle that serves as the mascot has always been named Tiger. I mean, isn't the current Tiger like Tiger VI or something like that? If Nova (or Spirit) was to become the full time, one and only, undisputed Eagle mascot, does anyone think it would be renamed Tiger?

Trey

No where in Auburn history do we specify Golden Eagles as a mascot.

We even have an old logo (which I cannot seem to find online at the present) which has a BALD eagle passing through the A.

The term "War Eagle" is often a reference to a golden eagle, but I doubt 90% of the fanbase even realizes that.

I have no problem with Spirit (He has a name) doing the pregame flight. My only gripe is that we have yet to induct a "War Eagle VII." If Tiger retires, then lets have a ceremony, and bring in Nova as the new "War Eagle." We can't breed eagles like UGA can with Uga, but we can at least hold some sort of order.

Archived