Alabama Football Status

Proud Tiger

Former bama All American guard John Hannah spoke at the Huntsville QB Club last night. When asked about the state of bama football he said "I think they're doing a good job on defense. I think the offensive side needs to get on the ball."

Hmmm....is that a slap at Shula or what?

Always liked John Hannah for some reason even though he's a bammer. Maybe cause I had so many of his football cards as a kid.

And yes....It was an open hand slap to Flipper. As someone who played many many years in the NFL I would say he knows the offensive side of the football.

He was up for the Priceville High School head coaching job here in Decatur, but he eventually withdrew his name. That would have been great for a school that has only been around for about 4 or 5 years now.

Always liked John Hannah for some reason even though he's a bammer. Maybe cause I had so many of his football cards as a kid.

And yes....It was an open hand slap to Flipper. As someone who played many many years in the NFL I would say he knows the offensive side of the football.

I love John Hannah...because he got beat twice by Bill Newton in the most famous AU/Bamar game of all time. B)

:au::homer:

I love John Hannah...because he got beat twice by Bill Newton in the most famous AU/Bamar game of all time. B)

Hannah also commented on that last night. he said it wasn't him that got beat on the 2nd block. He said it was the other side of the line and specifically named Greg Montgomery. Guess film would show the truth. All I care is 17-16 baby.

Former bama All American guard John Hannah spoke at the Huntsville QB Club last night. When asked about the state of bama football he said "I think they're doing a good job on defense. I think the offensive side needs to get on the ball."

No, i think its common sense.

You're just reaching at this point.

I don't know if he meant it as a direct slap at Shula, but as arguably the best offensive lineman that ever played for Bama or the pros, I'd say he can recognize an offense with problems when he sees it.

Yeah everybody knows the offense has struggled for various reasons...but jumping to conclusions like that is merely an attempt start something that isnt there.

I heard Shula say that the offense needs to improve the other day...was that an indictment on himself? Maybe shula thinks HE needs to be fired.

Please offer a definition of "various reasons".

Please offer a definition of "various reasons".

Various reasons: reasons that are various; not the same. :)

Yeah everybody knows the offense has struggled for various reasons...but jumping to conclusions like that is merely an attempt start something that isnt there.

I heard Shula say that the offense needs to improve the other day...was that an indictment on himself? Maybe shula thinks KNOWS HE needs to be fired.

Fixed that for you.

Archived