New endzone font?

AUHansel

I saw this picture and I know it's not finished yet(orange and blue outline) but it looks like font is a little different than it has been. I recall it being more block than this.

F204619.jpg

yea...i found this picture...not sure when it was taken though. looks like before the upper deck expansion

stadium.jpg

That looks like the font that the AD has been trying to phase in for the past year or so. It's the same font that is on the basketball jerseys, new court, and the new UA football jerseys....

It is the same font as the banner on auburntigers.com

Kind of plain in my opinion, but classy

For anybody that cares, the font is Copperplate Gothic Bold and is on most computers....

I like the plain font style we've had for the past couple years, but the 'R' in TIGERS always was messed up (thickness)...

I wonder if they are going to include the orange and blue trim around the field. The red and white at the twenty yardlines? I know the AU will be there at the 50 YL.

Don't like it...need to get rid of that. Love the block letters...old school.

:au::homer:

I wonder if they are going to include the orange and blue trim around the field. The red and white at the twenty yardlines? I know the AU will be there at the 50 YL.

I think we had orange, white, and blue at the twentys

Not sure how I feel about it....it doesn't look too bad. Does anyone know if Pat Dye Field will be painted around the 20 or so like it was at the Bama game last year, or was that mainly just because that's when the dedication took place??

Nah, Courier New would have been better. That's DEFINITELY old school. You know, that 1930's art deco kind of ora?

From what i can tell.....the new "font" in the endzones looks to tie everything together... The font in the Jordan-Hare Stadium and Pat Dye Field that are on the West side of the upper deck facade are in that font as well as the all the Jordan-Hare Stadium Iron work on all the new gates and the entrance to the South endzone gates (were players enter stadium during Tiger Walk).....Looks good to me! Im sure it will look better once they "wrap" the letter with ORANGE AND BLUE!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!

This is the lowest -- a thread about the endzone font. :no:

Now saniflush's idea to paint the whole field orange ... brilliant! Gives a whole new meaning to All Orange, All Auburn, All the Time.

For anybody that cares, the font is Copperplate Gothic Bold and is on most computers....

I don't have that font, I must be old school. <_<:big:

What about Webdings to throw the competition off?

I was thinking about that as well. :thumbsup:

Calm down everyone, calm down. It will look fine when they add all the color and logos.

I don't think it matters all that much, eh? AU should rip up both endzones pretty good by the end of the game anyways.

War Eagle!

Let's play some stinkin' football already! :thumbsup::big::clap::football:

I think we had orange, white, and blue at the twentys

I meant red and blue. But if it's orange, blue and white then that's okay. I have never been close enough to the field to really notice the color. I like the way it looks now, without the orange and blue, it looks clean. Retro or Old school would not have colors, but, colors are okay.

I dont care, i think it will look much better when we paint the trim around the letters....but i seriously do think we should paint the field orange- you know, kinda like Boise State.

Also did anyone answer the question of whether or not the Pat Dye Field thingy will be painted on the 20's?

Archived