John Vaughn signs deal with the Titans

TitanTiger

Ex-BA kicker Vaughn gets chance with Titans

Auburn standout one of 12 players signed by team

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

Former Brentwood Academy standout John Vaughn used to sit in LP Field and cheer on the Titans.

On Monday, Vaughn joined his hometown team as one of 12 undrafted free agents.

"It is going to be awesome,'' said Vaughn, a kicker who is Auburn's all-time leading scorer. "It is real weird. When you start this whole process, you never dream you are going to get to go to your home team. But I am real excited it worked out and I am grateful for the Titans to give me the chance.''

Vaughn had 312 points at Auburn and is the school's all-time leader in field goals (50-of-69, including 55- and 52-yarders last season). He missed only one point-after in 163 tries.

He joins veteran kicker Rob Bironas on the roster. Bironas, who started his college career at Auburn before finishing at Georgia Southern, was 22-of-28 last season, including a 60-yarder...

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...388/1328/SPORTS

Titan, what do you think the odds are of him beating out Bironas?

Bironas had a good year last year and did boot that 60 yarder. But his overall body of work has been inconsistent. I don't give him a great chance unless Bironas just has a nervous breakdown of some sort, but he could do well enough to get another team's attention.

Archived