Question about stamps moving up 2 cents

I bought a bunch of .39 cent stamps a few weeks back....when the change occurs on May 14th, can I not use the .39 cent stamps or are they just not selling anymore stamps at .39 cents to people?

I bought a bunch of .39 cent stamps a few weeks back....when the change occurs on May 14th, can I not use the .39 cent stamps or are they just not selling anymore stamps at .39 cents to people?

You can buy a sheet of 2 cent stamps to go along with your 39 cent stamps.

To be honest with you, however, I have a sheet that I bought two years ago, and have only used 3 stamps total. I bill clients electronically. I remit payments electronically. About the only things I send out via snail mail anymore are thank you notes.

I think I read somewhere that the new stamps would be a one price stamp. As in if they go up again, you have already paid for that service by buying the stamp, so you just stick it on and it works. Makes sense. You bought their stamps for their service. They have the money already for this, but when you go to collect on this, they want more money. Typical government scam.

Kinda like when you paid $50 to see Cyndi Lauper and when you got to the gate, they said sorry, we went to new tickets, you'll have to pay an extra $2. :big:

Archived