12. Back to the Future

13. The Terminator / T2 ( 1984/1991 ) *

14. Children of Men

15. Firefly/Serenity

16. Total Recal

17. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

18. HEROES

19. Starship Troopers

20. Star Wars: Clone Wars ( animated series )

21. Futurama

22. Quantum Leap

23. Doctor Who

24. Galaxy Quest

25. V - The miniseries

Wow. Couldn't disagree more. First off, why combine tv and movies ? Aren't there enough good titles from each to warrent their own list ? Hell yeah there are ! Besides, lumping the movies with tv only confuses the issue all that more. Star Trek gets a slot for a tv show AND a movie, while Terminator has 2 movies shoved into one spot. Granted, I'm touched they included SERENITY in with the Firefly series, but to be honest, mixing movies and tv only complicates things way more than needed.

And since these geeks couldn't have a list w/ OUT Star Wars , they had to dig up some little seen animated version of The Clone Wars series because all 3 of the prequels SUCKED so bad. Horrific

Where the hell is Jurssic Park ? Hello ?

What seperates The Thing from The Abyss ? Or that silly movie where the experimental sharks get all intelligent and start eating the scientist ? You can't sell me that The Thing is more deserving to be on this list than The Predator. C'mon.

And why the hell is V on this list ?

Anyway, EW has put out it's list, for what it's worth. I find the whole thing rather silly, to be honest. <_<

1. The Matrix

2. Battlestar Galactica

3. Blade Runner

4. The X-Files

5. Star Trek: Wrath of Khan

6. Brazil

7. E.T.

8. Star Trek: The Next Generation

9. Aliens

10. The Thing

11. LOST

12. Back to the Future

13. The Terminator / T2 ( 1984/1991 ) *

14. Children of Men

15. Firefly/Serenity

16. Total Recal

17. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

18. HEROES

19. Starship Troopers

20. Star Wars: Clone Wars ( animated series )

21. Futurama

22. Quantum Leap

23. Doctor Who

24. Galaxy Quest

25. V - The miniseries

Wow. Couldn't disagree more. First off, why combine tv and movies ? Aren't there enough good titles from each to warrent their own list ? Hell yeah there are ! Besides, lumping the movies with tv only confuses the issue all that more. Star Trek gets a slot for a tv show AND a movie, while Terminator has 2 movies shoved into one spot. Granted, I'm touched they included SERENITY in with the Firefly series, but to be honest, mixing movies and tv only complicates things way more than needed.

And since these geeks couldn't have a list w/ OUT Star Wars , they had to dig up some little seen animated version of The Clone Wars series because all 3 of the prequels SUCKED so bad. Horrific

Where the hell is Jurssic Park ? Hello ?

What seperates The Thing from The Abyss ? Or that silly movie where the experimental sharks get all intelligent and start eating the scientist ? You can't sell me that The Thing is more deserving to be on this list than The Predator. C'mon.

And why the hell is V on this list ?

Anyway, EW has put out it's list, for what it's worth. I find the whole thing rather silly, to be honest. <_<

Well, that's kind of the point. To make sci-fi fanboys spew their Diet Dr. Pepper in anger, throw down their Dungeons and Dragons figures and start making waves on the message board.

Well, that's kind of the point. To make sci-fi fanboys spew their Diet Dr. Pepper in anger, throw down their Dungeons and Dragons figures and start making waves on the message board.

:roflol:

I don't drink Dr. Pepper and I play XBox instead of D&D, thank you very much!

Nice to see Star Trek II get some love, who doesn't love the overacting b/t Kirk and Kahn.

I will go ahead and say what you wanted to say.....

"Why the hell is Firefly/Serenity only ranked at number 15?"

Sorry, Raptor, I think V deserves to be in the list. That was a great tv mini-series.

I would have had Predator on there, ahead of Starship Troopers, and I would have had Doctor Who in my top 10. But I can't really argue with their top 5. Maybe swap Next Generation for Khan.

Have not seen a few of these, like Galaxy Quest or Brazil. Never was able to get into Futurama.

Have not seen Brazil.

Thank your lucky stars that you have not! That is 2 hours and 29 minutes that I can never get back!

The Star Wars prequel's didn't suck. It's just all the sci-fi geeks are Star Wars snobs...and couldn't accept them. Episode 3 was kick ass.

How in the world is LOST, a show that has lost half it's fanbase, is ahead of Back to the Future and Terminator/T2...is completely beyond me.

BTW, am I the only one who thought Total Recall kicked major ass?

Nope, it ruled. By my favorite Arnie Sci-Fi movie is Running Man. But the book is much much better.

Have not seen Brazil.

Thank your lucky stars that you have not! That is 2 hours and 29 minutes that I can never get back!

I love that movie. It was great.

I guess it is just idividual likes and dislikes. I will refrain from calling it completely stupid and just stand by my original comment that I can never get that time back.

I will go ahead and say what you wanted to say.....

"Why the hell is Firefly/Serenity only ranked at number 15?"

Hey, I'm grateful that a series which only got to air 11 episodes ( not even a full season ) and 1 movie deal ( so far ) made the list. Even if it CLEARLY should have been in the top 10.

I think I tried to watch Brazil when I was younger. Didn't understand a damn thing about it. Much how I never got Twin Peaks.

Jarhead, I remember watching " V " , and wasn't all that thrilled with it when I was younger. How that one girl who got pregnant didn't know she was doing it with a lizard dude always intrigued me. Of course, she was a virgin, so I suppose we can just tally up all the clear signals she missed to her being naive. :roflol: Or maybe the lights were out and it was really REALLY dark......

Seriously, " V " might stand a chance in a t.v. only list, but when you combine movies in w/ t.v. shows...

The Star Wars prequel's didn't suck. It's just all the sci-fi geeks are Star Wars snobs...and couldn't accept them. Episode 3 was kick ass.

How in the world is LOST, a show that has lost half it's fanbase, is ahead of Back to the Future and Terminator/T2...is completely beyond me.

Agreed, I liked all 3 of the prequels. Why no Star Trek VI, it was the best of the rest when it comes to Star Trek movies.

Logan's Run, anybody?

Logan's Run, anybody?

Outside the ' past 25 yrs' parameter.

Logan's Run, anybody?

Outside the ' past 25 yrs' parameter.

Ah good call.

I've always thought Dune was pretty cool. The original. Without a doubt one of the weirdest movies ever made but, pretty freakin cool too! I remember watching it everytime my cousins would come into town.

The remake of Dune, that is Frank Herbert's book, on the SciFi channel wasn't too bad either.

Ryan

What he said...Wrath of Khan Rules too!

I've always thought Dune was pretty cool. The original. Without a doubt one of the weirdest movies ever made but, pretty freakin cool too! I remember watching it everytime my cousins would come into town.

The remake of Dune, that is Frank Herbert's book, on the SciFi channel wasn't too bad either.

Ryan

I love the Dune books, or at least the first 3. I thought the remake on SciFi was very well done.

Archived