Finebaum on 790 The Zone getting owned...

DKW 86

For those that havent figured it out, Finebaum might just be in a ratings slump or something. He is trying his best with his BIL Shane to stir it up on his own show. Digging up articles that are over a year old and more. He has tried to sling the mud on CTT amd Chett Williams etc. He then goes on The Zone in ATL and calls Hank Aaron a "Houseboy."

I guess when you have nothing to talk about, you just retell everything again. If that doesnt get the public's attention, then retell it yet again this time YELLING IT.

If he isnt cracking under the stress I have never seen it. The current status is that he is OWNED in ATL.

Advice to Paul, do some research on new topics and NEVER go to ATL again. Paul Finebaum you dont know bumpkis about major league baseball. For your own sake, just shut up about baseball forever more...and NEVER DO ANYTHING WITH 790 IN ATL AGAIN.

that's mainly chris dimino doing the roasting. he's the hardcore baseball guy for 790 and does the braves pregame.

i thought that was a horrible article when i read it and i'm glad he gets crap for it.

the, "i was just writing for hank's hometown (mobile)" thing was just laughable. it's one of the biggest topics going on in major sports. google "paul finebaum." the stupid link that pop's up next to his name is "Named Top 12 in the nation!" if one talks about themselves on a national level like that, don't retreat with the i was just writing for this audience b.s.

i've said before how i like how paul can get mutliple fan bases to think he hates them/loves them on a year to year basis...however, he should stick to pandering to alabama fans for the next 4 months b/c that's going to be his bread and butter. i care about paul's opinion on baseball like i would peter gammon's prediction for the sec next year.

just listened to the clip. i wonder why he's surprised at the reaction of the 790 folks...sounds like he got exactly what he was hoping for, and then seems indignant about it.

wow, ole paul really has it in for aaron.

wonder why?

A PF love affair with Milo Hamilton? :)

:au::homer:

HEY!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Back up off Milo - he may be a prima donna but his Hall of Fame voice is amazing and we Astros fans love him. Old school baseball announcing is a thing of the past...

HEY!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Back up off Milo - he may be a prima donna but his Hall of Fame voice is amazing and we Astros fans love him. Old school baseball announcing is a thing of the past...

Skip Caray is the man.

I love listening/watching Braves 1pm weekday games when he always remarks on the number of middle aged men who have apparently brought their granddaughters to the game with them.

Don't step on downed powerlines!

Do any of you believe that Finebaum's ratings will improve once the football season starts?

I think this sad little man's days on the air are numbered...... Sooner or later he will utter some unforgivable comment about somebody and people will call for his head. He serves no important purpose on the air and in fact, does much to ehance the hatred between the two state schools. (as if more encouragement was needed) :cheer: I look forward to the day when NO AUBURN people ever call him and he has to change the name of his show to the "Bammer sports network" which would be totally honest for the first time.... Why Auburn people call him for abuse is more than I can understand.. :thumbsdown:

I have not listened to PF in so long I guess you can officially say that I am done with his show. I used to listen to his train wreck of a show because I enjoyed laughing at him and the stereotypical UAT fans that would call in. However, I just got to where I could not laugh at them anymore and got bored with it. Sadly, since the UMP is a UAT homer station also now, I really don't listen to much sports talk on the radio at all anymore.

Anybody got any recommendations of some good sports talk inside the state that is streamed over the internet? I sure know there is nothing here in North Alabama anymore.

I think this sad little man's days on the air are numbered...... Sooner or later he will utter some unforgivable comment about somebody and people will call for his head. He serves no important purpose on the air and in fact, does much to ehance the hatred between the two state schools. (as if more encouragement was needed) :cheer: I look forward to the day when NO AUBURN people ever call him and he has to change the name of his show to the "Bammer sports network" which would be totally honest for the first time.... Why Auburn people call him for abuse is more than I can understand.. :thumbsdown:

agreed, his show and others like it serve no useful purpose. If he did not create controversy there would be no show. Hopefully no Auburn coaches or staff will go on there, they will just be ridiculed later.

Remember his favorite word is disingenuous something he uses to describe everyone but in reality describes himself. Hack may actually be a better word to describe him.

disingenuous -adjective not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

that innocent, teary-eyed look is just part of a disingenuous act insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious; hypocritical.

wow. i don't know why but i'm shocked at how ludicrous his comments were. idiot.

if you want better audio, scroll down and there's an interview with KENNY & DAVID IRONS. much better listening.

Will his ratings improve once the college football season starts?

I like to hear that one guy that calls in from Canada (some yahoo listens to his stream on the net) and I think this guy is a genuine PF fan. The guy always brings up hockey and PF hangs up on him and then mocks him.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Anybody got any recommendations of some good sports talk inside the state that is streamed over the internet? I sure know there is nothing here in North Alabama anymore.

SIRIUS satellite radio. I know it's pricey, but you'll thank me later.

We can't all have diamond shoes and wallets too small for our hundreds.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I compensate by driving a Nissan Sentra and skipping lunch twice a month.

It's all about budgeting, baby.

I compensate by driving a Nissan Sentra and skipping lunch twice a month.

It's all about budgeting, baby.

Twice a month? Way to stretch yourself, Sally Struthers.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I also steal change from my children's pockets and garnish their profits from their yard care business.

It has been so long ago that I flushed the toilet on him, that to hear his name now seems like ancient history. It amazes me that even a small portion of the AU family still listens to this pitiful little gadfly.

You crack me up Chandler.

Archived