Do you ever find yourself snoozing on some of the posts?

BZ770

I enjoy reading the posts on this board, but do you fellow posters ever tend not to read the books that some people write as a response? I like a good 2-3 sentence post straight to the point, that way I can read quickly and go through the whole topic. I won't call any names but you know who you are. Are there any others out there that share this method.

Why didn't you just be bold and send Galen a PM admitting that you hated him? You could have saved us a whole 5 seconds.

If you want to read short sentences, go buy yourself a Dr. Seuss book.

My every word is carefully crafted and placed in such a way as to make the most effective point. I'm not in the mood nor do I have the inclination to provide a Cliff's Notes version of my commentary. Frankly, cryptic responses bore me as they often offer little to the discussion. I'd much rather read one lengthy response (assuming that the response is well written as mine always are) than I would scroll through page after page of terse, inadequate replies. I am also dismissive of those with little creativity and much sloth who think it necessary to critique the posting style of others on the board.

By the way, Bzzz? The last sentence of your post makes absolutely no sense. May I suggest a thesaurus/dictionary while you're picking out some titles from the Seuss collection?

I don't see it too much on this site, but I have seen people who will roll what should be a 2-3 paragraph post into one long stream of consciousness paragraph that takes up about 2/3 of the screen...those are the ones I generally tend to skip.

Now, I freely admit there are some posters here that I completely ignore regardless of post length or content.

[. Are there any others out there that share this method.

I was referring to people whose use the method of skipping the page long posts. This is an objective post so please no personal attacks like BZZZZ? That BZ stands for something much more than the Kiss Army.

I enjoy reading the posts on this board, but do you fellow posters ever tend not to read the books that some people write as a response? I like a good 2-3 sentence post straight to the point, that way I can read quickly and go through the whole topic. I won't call any names but you know who you are. Are there any others out there that share this method.

I tend to ignore the long posts especially if they aren't punctuated correctly....(like this)... contain YELLING... or simply suck.

That being said, don't read these type posts if you aren't interested in them.

Sometimes I write short posts. Somtimes I write 2-3 paragraphs. I write the length it takes to provide a coherent thought. Personally, I like all the postings on here (With the exception of BamaPerry, who methinks is a noxious ass). Most all of them are entertaining to some degree or another. Maybe you just need Ritalin. LOL

I am guilty of long posts. During some of the colossal battles Galen and I have had, we've been known to write a metric ton. But I like to think that both of us are pretty good writers. We are at least good at putting our thoughts down. Maybe we are just overly verbose, who knows.

As far as punctuation, especially in reference to "..."...I like to think that posts here are largely conversational. And to avoid a litany of run-ons, and to provide proper pacing, I use it a lot.

I learned how to write from Stephen King. He could take a Dilbert cartoon and spread it out to 350 pages. I'm actually taking it easy on you.

I was being an ass on purpose in my first response here. In all seriousness? If you don't want to read what somebody else writes then don't. But don't bitch about it. Because other people do read it.

You know what annoys me? People who respond to criticism with the "my whatever is more important than your whatever." I don't care what BZ stands for. Don't care if it stands for Battle Zone, Born of Zeus, Bloated Zit, Burping Zebra or Bring the Zamboni. Doesn't give you any more standing than somebody who uses KISS icons, the perpetual downers like Power-I or even Bamaperry.

Don't drag us into your dumbing down of America.

:roflol:

"But the sentences are tooo long...It's tooo hard to read."

:roflol:

"But the sentences are tooo long...It's tooo hard to read."

No poster left behind.

. Are there any others out there that share this method.

I was referring to people whose use the method of skipping the page long posts. This is an objective post so please no personal attacks like BZZZZ? That BZ stands for something much more than the Kiss Army.

It is got to be hard to write something like that with Thundarr the Barbarian as your avatar. Pot= kettle= black

Archived