How do you know Rudy is going to be the next prez?

Watching The View today. Elisabeth :wub: was a visual pastry as usual. I love that woman. I wish she were coated in butter and sugar. But I digress.

Rosie and the Bette Midler-looking shrew were in full assault on Rudy. Today they blamed him for everyone who is suffering from breathing trouble (or worse) as a result of being exposed to debris particles after 9-11. Rosie even made the comment that the terrorists only killed 3,000 and Rudy was responsible for FORTY THOUSAND people getting ill or dying.

That fat bloated pig and the clownish shrew then insinuated that Rudy somehow destroyed Tower Seven on purpose, citing the lunatic Internet conspiracy theories that have been around for a while as "proof." Apparently Rudy can melt steel with his eyes like Superman.

It shows the pathetic desperation of the liberals. Blaming Rudy for people getting sick after 9-11 is utterly absurd. President Bush was at Ground Zero. So was Rudy for a good bit of the time. If he was "purposely putting people at risk" why would he have been there himself? Jeez.

After Elisabeth :wub: pointed out that Rudy's highly efficient team cleaned up Ground Zero in half the expected time and at considerably less expense than anticipated the hog and the shrew dismissed that with "yeah, he was getting rid of evidence. Of course he got it done quickly."

These asinine attacks are a representation of just how terrified of Rudy the liberals are. They know he can, nay WILL, win.

war_rudy-1.gif

Watching The View today. Elisabeth :wub: was a visual pastry as usual. I love that woman. I wish she were coated in butter and sugar. But I digress.

Rosie and the Bette Midler-looking shrew were in full assault on Rudy. Today they blamed him for everyone who is suffering from breathing trouble (or worse) as a result of being exposed to debris particles after 9-11. Rosie even made the comment that the terrorists only killed 3,000 and Rudy was responsible for FORTY THOUSAND people getting ill or dying.

That fat bloated pig and the clownish shrew then insinuated that Rudy somehow destroyed Tower Seven on purpose, citing the lunatic Internet conspiracy theories that have been around for a while as "proof." Apparently Rudy can melt steel with his eyes like Superman.

It shows the pathetic desperation of the liberals. Blaming Rudy for people getting sick after 9-11 is utterly absurd. President Bush was at Ground Zero. So was Rudy for a good bit of the time. If he was "purposely putting people at risk" why would he have been there himself? Jeez.

After Elisabeth :wub: pointed out that Rudy's highly efficient team cleaned up Ground Zero in half the expected time and at considerably less expense than anticipated the hog and the shrew dismissed that with "yeah, he was getting rid of evidence. Of course he got it done quickly."

These asinine attacks are a representation of just how terrified of Rudy the liberals are. They know he can, nay WILL, win.

war_rudy-1.gif

If Rosie bashing someone is proof that person will be President, get prepared for President Trump. B)

Republicans have been bashing Hillary Clinton since she was the First Lady of Arkansas. That doesn't mean she's a lock for the presidency, though.

There's no connection here. Liberals bash Pat Robertson, too.

Republicans have been bashing Hillary Clinton since she was the First Lady of Arkansas. That doesn't mean she's a lock for the presidency, though.

Oh yeah, there's a connection. They're trying to tie him to anything they can to sully his reputation.

It isn't going to work. They just make themselves look stupider and stupider.

Oh yeah, there's a connection. They're trying to tie him to anything they can to sully his reputation.

Rudy will be bashed relentlessly-- from the Right.

Most Republicans just won't be able to stand the fact that he said this:

Shortly before his last-minute endorsement of Bob Dole in the 1996 presidential election, [Giuliani] told the Post's Jack Newfield that "most of Clinton's policies are very similar to most of mine." The Daily News quoted [Giuliani] as saying that March: "Whether you talk about President Clinton, Senator Dole.... The country would be in very good hands in the hands of any of that group."

http://www.rightwingnews.com/category.php?ent=6320

Shortly before his last-minute endorsement of Bob Dole in the 1996 presidential election, [Giuliani] told the Post's Jack Newfield that "most of Clinton's policies are very similar to most of mine." The Daily News quoted [Giuliani] as saying that March: "Whether you talk about President Clinton, Senator Dole.... The country would be in very good hands in the hands of any of that group."

All I've got to say about it is sit back and watch. And practice saying "president guiliani"

All I've got to say about it is sit back and watch. And practice saying "president guiliani"

Perhaps that makes sense, since we are already accustomed to saying "President Clinton." :roflol:

Perhaps that makes sense, since we are already accustomed to saying "President Clinton." :roflol:

Yeah, you can file that one away. Won't be needing that again unless George decides to run.

When it comes to social issues (abortion, gay rights, etc.) he IS right there with Clinton, and not only does that not bother me, it will also have zero impact on my decision to vote for Rudy. My concerns are immigration and national security, and on those issues, Rudy tracks right... so no problem.

Rudy's not going to be the next president.

Yes he is.

Evidence? Today the AP published an article on his work with a Houston law firm for which he is a partner.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/....xml&coll=2

Midway through the article notes that: Federal conflict-of-interest rules do not apply to the president or vice president, because they are not technically considered government employees and then goes on to list every possible "conflict of interest"

This is yet another attack piece and it is parroting a report the democratic party pimped over a week ago.

http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/05/giuliani_firms.php

He's the front runner for the GOP nomination right now. If his support wanes and either McCain or Thompson become the front runner, they'll be in the cross hairs. Obama's recent stumbles have gotten a good bit of press as well because of how close he was with Hillary.

That doesn't mean any of them will be the next president.

By some miracle, Rudy could win the Republican nomination for President. If this happens, then the GOP is screwed and Hilary Clinton will be our next president. Sure, Rudy could win the primaries for the simple reason that the rest of the field is weak and voter turnout may not be that high. Huckabee doesn't have enough support or cash. McCain is old and fading fast. Romney is a Mormon and despite all the money he's raised, he still can't get beyond 10% in the polls. Fred Thompson won't run because of his health. So, at the end of the day, Rudi could be the last man standing for the GOP. If this happens, then the American public will be reminded for 6-8 months of Rudi's marriages, his stance on abortion, his gun law views, and other liberal positions, etc. If you think the coverage on Rudi's views is bad now, you "ain't seen nothing yet."

After 8 months of bad press, Christian conservatives like Richard Land will stay at home and not vote like they did in 1992, 1996, 2000, and 2006. Remember how 4 million evangelicals stayed at home in 2000 all because George Bush got a DUI back in the 70's. Trust me, they'll stay at home this time. Then, they'll sit around and blame Americans for voting for Hillary Clinton, as they blamed Americans for voting for Bill, even though they could have done something about it.

By some miracle, Rudy could win the Republican nomination for President. If this happens, then the GOP is screwed and Hilary Clinton will be our next president. Sure, Rudy could win the primaries for the simple reason that the rest of the field is weak and voter turnout may not be that high. Huckabee doesn't have enough support or cash. McCain is old and fading fast. Romney is a Mormon and despite all the money he's raised, he still can't get beyond 10% in the polls. Fred Thompson won't run because of his health. So, at the end of the day, Rudi could be the last man standing for the GOP. If this happens, then the American public will be reminded for 6-8 months of Rudi's marriages, his stance on abortion, his gun law views, and other liberal positions, etc. If you think the coverage on Rudi's views is bad now, you "ain't seen nothing yet."

After 8 months of bad press, Christian conservatives like Richard Land will stay at home and not vote like they did in 1992, 1996, 2000, and 2006. Remember how 4 million evangelicals stayed at home in 2000 all because George Bush got a DUI back in the 70's. Trust me, they'll stay at home this time. Then, they'll sit around and blame Americans for voting for Hillary Clinton, as they blamed Americans for voting for Bill, even though they could have done something about it.

I don't agree. I think Hillary Clinton scares the piss out of them.

Bingo. If it's Shrillary vs. Rudy the turnout AGAINST Shrillary will be tremendous. That will tip the scales.

I think the dems will end up with a Clinton/Obama or an Obama/Clinton ticket.

Personally, I think the Democrats would be dumb beyond belief with either ticket. If they want to win in 08, the best possible choice for them would be a Richardson/Obama ticket. I don't agree with much Richardson has to say, but he's highly competent and respected at a time when Americans are craving some kind of competence in the Oval Office.

Then people could vote for Obama in clear conscience as a number 2, despite the guy's inexperience.

Bingo. If it's Shrillary vs. Rudy the turnout AGAINST Shrillary will be tremendous. That will tip the scales.

Trust me guys, John Kerry tried this strategy in '04 and he failed. Kerry ran an "anybody but Bush" campaign and lost big. At the end of the day, presidential candidates win on their record and don't win simply because the other guy or gal in this case sucks. Hillary has already consolidated her base while the Republicans will be fractured by a pro choice nominee. If your base doesn't turn out to vote for you, then you're toast.

Trust me guys, John Kerry tried this strategy in '04 and he failed. Kerry ran an "anybody but Bush" campaign and lost big. At the end of the day, presidential candidates win on their record and don't win simply because the other guy or gal in this case sucks. Hillary has already consolidated her base while the Republicans will be fractured by a pro choice nominee. If your base doesn't turn out to vote for you, then you're toast.

You could not be more wrong. But thanks for playing.

Nope. John Kerry was not nearly the polarizing figure that Hillary Clinton is. Kerry was basically a pretty nonentity, who had done next to nothing on the national stage before his nomination.

When some polls show that 45% of all voters would not vote for Hillary Clinton under any circumstances whatsoever, now that's the different cup of tea entirely.

Let's put it this way. If I were sick in bed with the flu on election day, I wouldn't get out of bed to vote against John Kerry. However, if I were in the hospital recovering from open heart surgery, I would have the ambulance drive me to the polling station. And tens of millions of Americans (maybe even an hundred million) feel precisely the same way.

Archived