Does Al Franken really have a chance at the Senate?

drewau02

Do any of you believe that Al Franken, aka Stuart Smalley, will win the Democrat nomination for Senate in Minnesota and unseat Norm Coleman in '08? Before some of you dismiss Franken as a lightweight, keep in mind that he's got millions in the bank courtesy of George Soros. Also, he's running for Senate in the only state that Walter Mondale won back in '84 and put Jesse "The Body" Ventura in the Governors mansion for a few years.

Your thoughts.

Speaking from personal experiences with natives of that state, Minnesota is chock full of moonbats. Franken has an excellent chance. And that's ok. Because he's a loon, downright nutty and, dog gone it, Minnesotans like him.

Two days ago, Franken was down 22 points in the polls, so I would guess not.

Actually, Minnesota was on the cusp of becoming a Red state before GWB's reign of error. Outside the Minneapolis St. Paul area, it's a pretty sane place.

Given its ultra blue history and discontent with Bush, he's got an outside shot.

I think he'll lose by 5-10%, though. If he doesn't drop out prior to the actual election...

He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Him!

StuartSmalley.jpg

Yeah, this is one of the standard bearers of the left. And they wonder why they can't connect with middle America (the majority).

Minnesota voted Jessie 'The Gov' Ventura before California had the Governator. There's no tellin which way those frozen folk will go.

Don't know. But Jesse benefited from a 3-way race and the fact that they have same day registration. I suspect Franken's negatives may be too high, but Coleman's not that popular, either. Probably depends alot on turnout and who's up ticket.

Archived